Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4337
View in linear mode

Subject: "Coolant issue" Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldOct-23-03 06:22 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4337, "Coolant issue"

CEL came on today and it looks as tho my coolant is filling up my overflow tank. I am trying to think radiator cap, is this possible? I am trying no to think hg cause i am not overheating and when i did the oil change on sat there wasn't any coolant in the oil. Thermostat was just canged on sat as well as system flush. Any help and/or suggestions is appreciated.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Coolant issue, chrysler kid, Oct-23-03 06:46 PM, #1
RE: Coolant issue, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-23-03 07:28 PM, #2
RE: Coolant issue, TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-24-03 02:46 AM, #3
      RE: Coolant issue, BigBald, Oct-24-03 05:26 AM, #4
           RE: Coolant issue, chrysler kid, Oct-24-03 06:25 AM, #5
                RE: Coolant issue, BigBald, Oct-24-03 08:01 AM, #6
                     RE: Coolant issue, TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-24-03 10:50 AM, #7
                     RE: Coolant issue, Remy, Oct-25-03 04:30 PM, #8
                          RE: Coolant issue, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-25-03 05:34 PM, #9

chrysler kidOct-23-03 06:46 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4338, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 0

probably related to the emission system. im getting a cel from the charcoal box right now

11.65 @ 115

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-23-03 07:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4339, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 0

you didn't put the thermostat in backwards did you?

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

TeamJeff_99gsOct-24-03 02:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4340, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 2

Coolant is supposed to be in the overflow bottle You might want to replace the cap anyway though as they tend to wear out after a while. Cheap insurance.

BigBaldOct-24-03 05:26 AM
2715 posts,
#4341, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 3

well the CEL is from a random cylinder misfire. Appearantly Bosch Platinum plugs are a no no in turbo cars. I am not sure what is causing the collant to roll back into the overflow tank but i will try to find out. Could a bad headgasket cause this to happen?as the car cools the reserve tank empties out with alittle less each time which would mean my coolant is dissapearing. I am hoping thay the radiator cap will resolve this problem.

chrysler kidOct-24-03 06:25 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#4342, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 4

dude the overflow is supposto have coolant in it. coolant is not your problem. if it was a headgaskett you would be leaking on the ground and such

11.65 @ 115

BigBaldOct-24-03 08:01 AM
2715 posts,
#4343, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 5

i honestly never seen this happen on any other car. What is the part number for the NGK's that are super for our cars?

TeamJeff_99gsOct-24-03 10:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4344, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 6

Stock NGKs unless you are running some huge turbo. NGK BPR6E

RemyOct-25-03 04:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#4345, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by BigBald
i honestly never seen this happen on any other car. What is the part number for the NGK's that are super for our cars?

I told you I will give you some for free

Member # 333

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-25-03 05:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4346, "RE: Coolant issue"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by BigBald i honestly never seen this happen on any other car. What is the part number for the NGK's that are super for our cars?
I told you I will give you some for free Member # 333

Can I have some?

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4337 Previous topic | Next topic