Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #415
View in linear mode

Subject: "Freebie!" Previous topic | Next topic
ScreaminEApr-12-06 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#415, "Freebie!"

I got this car for free, it's a 95 gs-t with 60k miles on the shell. It is beyond stripped but the guy has everysingle part for it. He started taking it apart to make a track car out of it.

It's beyond stripped but he is giving me everything to put it back together plus a slew of aftermakert parts for free.

And before anyone asks, it is a clear title car NOT stolen.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Freebie!, FlyinEsi, Apr-12-06 08:00 AM, #1
RE: Freebie!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-12-06 08:37 AM, #2
      RE: Freebie!, TeamJeff_99gs, Apr-12-06 10:13 AM, #3
           RE: Freebie!, BigBald, Apr-12-06 10:28 AM, #4
           RE: Freebie!, 420a-Tnthewerks, Apr-12-06 10:49 AM, #5
                RE: Freebie!, EclipseTical, Apr-12-06 11:01 AM, #6
                     RE: Freebie!, Diceman19, Apr-12-06 05:52 PM, #7
                          RE: Freebie!, mike_d, Apr-12-06 06:42 PM, #8
                               RE: Freebie!, ScreaminE, Apr-13-06 04:08 AM, #9
                                    RE: Freebie!, 97eclipse97, Apr-13-06 05:07 AM, #10
           RE: Freebie!, Dualgen2, Apr-13-06 08:31 AM, #11
                RE: Freebie!, kelvinb1, Apr-13-06 01:07 PM, #12
                     To Part or not to Part, that is the question, ScreaminE, Apr-26-06 08:11 AM, #13
                          RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question, TeamDR1665, Apr-26-06 10:57 AM, #14
                               RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question, orzech, Apr-30-06 11:26 AM, #15
                                    RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question, TeamJeff_99gs, May-01-06 12:50 AM, #16
                                         RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question, BigBald, May-01-06 08:50 AM, #17
                                              RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question, RST95eclipse, May-01-06 12:41 PM, #18

FlyinEsiApr-12-06 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#416, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 0

Holy crap! Have fun with that!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-12-06 08:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#417, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Holy crap! Have fun with that!

+1

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

TeamJeff_99gsApr-12-06 10:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#418, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 2

Man I would kill for something like that. Good deal.

BigBaldApr-12-06 10:28 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#419, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs

x2.....that thing is freaking MINT!!!!!

Good Luck.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

420a-TnthewerksApr-12-06 10:49 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#420, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by BigBald
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs Man I would kill for something like that. Good deal.
x2.....that thing is freaking MINT!!!!! Good Luck.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow I'd love a project like that.

EclipseTicalApr-12-06 11:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#421, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 5

Have fun with that!

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

Diceman19Apr-12-06 05:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#422, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 6

putting it back together will suck, but will be a good learning experience and primer on the 4g.

mike_dApr-12-06 06:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#423, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 7

Its going to be a PITA to put back together since it looks like even all the wiring has been stripped out. But then again it was free so good luck.

95 Talon ESi-T

ScreaminEApr-13-06 04:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#424, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah real pain in the ass, but the wiring harness will be the first thing to be put back in so you have to remember that there is nothing left in the car so it shouldnt be tooooo bad to put it back in.

And just when everyone is about to tell me I'm crazy, they remember that this car was fee.

97eclipse97Apr-13-06 05:07 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#425, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 9

I think it will be an awesome project and you will have a great time doing it as well. Good luck and have fun!

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Dualgen2Apr-13-06 08:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#426, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs

Just got home when Matt transfers his stuff. What's up stranger?

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

kelvinb1Apr-13-06 01:07 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#427, "RE: Freebie!"
In response to Reply # 11

ls1 in the back and a 32v up front

ScreaminEApr-26-06 08:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#428, "To Part or not to Part, that is the question"
In response to Reply # 12

I am torn on what to do with this car. The thing is in such great condition, but it will be an honest bitch to put back together. It needs a new bottom end, turbo, air bags and air bag controller, and a lot of other little misc. things. I already have my 1g that takes all my wrenching time not to mention my 2gnt.

If I part it out I could make an easy 2500 dollars selling all the parts I think.

But then again I could put it back together and sell it for a lot since it's in good shape.

I'm just so busy with school most of the time that I'm afraid I couldnt put it back together in less than a year or so.

The quick cash is looking good right now.

TeamDR1665Apr-26-06 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#429, "RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question"
In response to Reply # 13

Do something nutty with it. Find a Caddy front clip with the Northstar and FWD ATX. Drop that in the rear. Hang on reeeeeally tight.

orzechApr-30-06 11:26 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#430, "RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question"
In response to Reply # 14

i have a 95 airbag moduole and 2 airbags, if you want a head start... let me know, i will be parting out a 4g63 soon so let me know if you needs parts.

chris

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

TeamJeff_99gsMay-01-06 12:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#431, "RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question"
In response to Reply # 15
May-01-06 12:50 AM by Jeff_99gs

If the guy has all the parts it really isn't that hard to put back together. It will take some time, but it honestly is worth it for a free car. I could have that interior back to stock in a couple hours.

Just please don't part out a car like that. That would not make me very happy.

And the airbags are CHEAP. I literally couldn't give them away when I was trying to sell some earlier.

BigBaldMay-01-06 08:50 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#432, "RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question"
In response to Reply # 16

Tow it to CT and I will take it off your hand.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

RST95eclipseMay-01-06 12:41 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#433, "RE: To Part or not to Part, that is the question"
In response to Reply # 17

I NEED PARTS!!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #415 Previous topic | Next topic