Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #401
View in linear mode

Subject: "4G64 and 4G63 MAF the Same ??" Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsApr-24-06 06:55 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#401, "4G64 and 4G63 MAF the Same ??"

Just curious if these two parts are one in the same. My brother Purchased a 1998 Spyder and the idiots that had it before took the Maf off to put the cheap intake on and then tossed the MAF. So Im trying to figure out what I can use to replace it.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

97eclipse97Apr-24-06 07:06 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#402, "RE: 4G64 and 4G63 MAF the Same ??"
In response to Reply # 0

Well I just found this by doing a quick search: 11) What air intake do I use?

"There is not a cold air intake pipe made for either the Spyder GS or the 7G Galant. However, both cars utilize the same Mass Airflow Sensor (MAS) as the 2G Eclipse turbo. As such, any hi-flow filter kit (such as the K&N FIPK or similar) that you can buy for the Eclipse turbo will bolt up to the 4G64 intake. While this is not completely optimum (because of sucking in higher temperature engine compartment air), it does add a good 5-10HP, and allows better airflow at higher RPM's."

http://diy.prostreetonline.com/techtips/showarticle.asp?articleid=15

That should answer your question.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

amljbsApr-24-06 12:32 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#403, "RE: 4G64 and 4G63 MAF the Same ??"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks bro for helping my lazy self out lol Now I just need to find someone getting rdi of their stock maf.

1998 Eclipse GST

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #401 Previous topic | Next topic