Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #3310
View in linear mode

Subject: "Progress Update..." Previous topic | Next topic
All4thaN0okieJun-15-04 04:35 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3310, "Progress Update..."

Well.. after taking my time I finally got my EVO 16g installed as well as my 550's .. my 255 and my safc.... car runs really well... except the clutch slips anytime i'm in boost... so i guess that's the next project.. ACT 2600 + act flywheel is what i'm thinking...

i dont think i'll ever forget the first time it hit full boost ... that was probably my greatest experience ever in a car... it's much better than i expected..

but i just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for your help.. because without this website.. i would've spent hundreds of dollars in labor costs..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Progress Update..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-15-04 04:55 AM, #1
RE: Progress Update..., Vandy420a, Jun-15-04 04:57 AM, #2
      RE: Progress Update..., TeamJeff_99gs, Jun-15-04 02:46 PM, #3
           RE: Progress Update..., All4thaN0okie, Jun-15-04 04:42 PM, #4
                RE: Progress Update..., Vandy420a, Jun-16-04 12:21 PM, #5
                     RE: Progress Update..., FlyinEsi, Jun-17-04 12:59 PM, #6
                          RE: Progress Update..., All4thaN0okie, Jun-18-04 05:56 AM, #7
                               RE: Progress Update..., FlyinEsi, Jun-18-04 06:22 AM, #8

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-15-04 04:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3311, "RE: Progress Update..."
In response to Reply # 0

Glad to hear it! Let us know when you get some track times. SO many people have been getting this turbo lately, I still want to see what kinds of numbers people are going to put down with it.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Vandy420aJun-15-04 04:57 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#3312, "RE: Progress Update..."
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-15-04 04:58 AM by Vandy420a

congrats! I"m doing the same thing right now actually

edit: are you sure its the clutch and not a misfire as soon as boost comes on? What kind of clutch is it? When's the last time you changed your plugs/wires?

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

TeamJeff_99gsJun-15-04 02:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#3313, "RE: Progress Update..."
In response to Reply # 2

"but i just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for your help.. because without this website.. i would've spent hundreds of dollars in labor costs.."

That is what I like to hear! Congrats on the car and have fun!

All4thaN0okieJun-15-04 04:42 PM
501 posts,
#3314, "RE: Progress Update..."
In response to Reply # 3

i'm almost 99% sure its the clutch slipping.... the car hits boost..but doesn't really move that quickly anymore.. but the rpms go up really fast..and you can smell the clutch burning.....

i just can't wait until i can really drive this thing.. instead of barely touching the gas and shifting at 2500rpms....

Vandy420aJun-16-04 12:21 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#3315, "RE: Progress Update..."
In response to Reply # 4

yeah I know the feeling...i've had MAJOR clutch issues in the past with my car, but the 2600 shoudl hold for a while (until the crank walks ) hopefully not <knock on wood>

just to be sure though, inspect your plug wires/plugs, TRUST ME ON THIS

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

FlyinEsiJun-17-04 12:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#3316, "RE: Progress Update..."
In response to Reply # 5

Nice dude, how much boost are you going to be running. I'd love to sit in your car, with basically the same mods as me except the EVO 16G and see what kind of a difference it makes.

BTW: Are you GST or GSX?

All4thaN0okieJun-18-04 05:56 AM
501 posts,
#3317, "RE: Progress Update..."
In response to Reply # 6

im going to try to keep it around 14-15 psi for now.. but..it creeps to around 18-20.... i need a fmic..

and i have a gsx..

FlyinEsiJun-18-04 06:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#3318, "RE: Progress Update..."
In response to Reply # 7

Sweet man, we have such a close setup, I would love to ride with that EVO. Get the boost set up there around 18psi...very fun! I'm hoping this weekend I can get 20psi tuned with dsmlink.

Careful with that lightened flywheel when you get it on, it can cause spontaneous engine failure at stoplights. If I make a run from stoplihgt to stoplight and push in the clutch real quick, the rpms drop too fast and the engine dies. Good luck though, do you have pics of your car?

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #3310 Previous topic | Next topic