Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2776
View in linear mode

Subject: "My Spyder" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJeff_99gsApr-21-09 09:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2776, "My Spyder"
May-02-05 07:01 PM by Jeff_99gs

Originally posted by Ark
Where are the pics, yo?

These will have to do for now. Taken tonight.

It needs a little work here and there, but I am happy with it. The color is Cayenne Red Pearl. It will have a nice mods list soon, but for now this is what it came with:

Eibach Pro Kit
HKS Mushroom Filter intake
5Zigen catback exhaust (which is shit and will be replaced very very soon.)
Indiglo Gauges. Yeah.
Purple reverse lights. Yeah.
Green license plate lights. Yeah.
Clear corner lenses. Yeah.

I put my Talon's stock wheels on for now since they have better rubber than the cheap shit the last owner had on there. I think they look pretty damn good.

I got it for $9300 with 71k miles.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My Spyder, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-02-05 07:44 PM, #1
RE: My Spyder, Vandy420a, May-02-05 09:07 PM, #2
RE: My Spyder, a_miller_76, May-03-05 02:51 AM, #3
RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-03-05 03:57 AM, #4
RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-03-05 03:59 AM, #5
      RE: My Spyder, soulcontroller, May-03-05 04:03 AM, #6
           RE: My Spyder, BigBald, May-03-05 04:14 AM, #7
                RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-03-05 05:05 AM, #8
                     RE: My Spyder, Vandy420a, May-03-05 06:08 AM, #9
                     RE: My Spyder, EvMan2345, May-03-05 06:11 AM, #10
                          RE: My Spyder, a_miller_76, May-03-05 07:34 AM, #11
                               RE: My Spyder, BigBald, May-03-05 08:35 AM, #12
                               RE: My Spyder, FlyinEsi, May-03-05 08:58 AM, #13
                               RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-03-05 09:07 AM, #14
                                    RE: My Spyder, Ducking_Fumbass, May-03-05 09:50 AM, #15
                                         RE: My Spyder, SilverBullet20g, May-03-05 04:34 PM, #16
                                              RE: My Spyder, FlyinEsi, May-04-05 09:24 AM, #17
                                                   RE: My Spyder, SilverBullet20g, May-04-05 10:47 AM, #18
                                                   RE: My Spyder, a_miller_76, May-04-05 11:07 AM, #19
                                                   RE: My Spyder, Ark, May-05-05 05:11 AM, #20
                                                        RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-05-05 05:15 AM, #21
                                                             RE: My Spyder, HybriDSM, May-05-05 05:30 AM, #22
                                                                  RE: My Spyder, 420a-Tnthewerks, May-05-05 08:55 AM, #23
                                                                       RE: My Spyder, 420a-Tnthewerks, May-05-05 05:40 PM, #24
                                                                            RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-06-05 06:42 PM, #25
                                                                                 RE: My Spyder, Ark, May-08-05 06:35 AM, #26
                                                                                      RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-20-05 05:19 AM, #27
                                                                                           RE: My Spyder, FlyinEsi, May-20-05 09:39 AM, #28
                                                                                                RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-20-05 09:42 AM, #29
                                                                                                     RE: My Spyder, FlyinEsi, May-20-05 09:48 AM, #30
                                                                                                          RE: My Spyder, Remy, May-20-05 04:50 PM, #31
                                                                                                               RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-20-05 05:13 PM, #32
                                                                                                                    RE: My Spyder, BRU_ce, May-23-05 05:51 AM, #33
                                                                                                                         RE: My Spyder, theallpowerfulme, May-23-05 03:21 PM, #34
                                                                                                                              RE: My Spyder, Dualgen2, May-29-05 12:43 PM, #35
                                                                                                                                   RE: My Spyder, TeamJeff_99gs, May-29-05 12:57 PM, #36
RE: My Spyder, Tguy, Apr-01-10 04:39 PM, #37

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-02-05 07:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2777, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice. Now, get your ass back out there and take some pics of those reverse lights.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Vandy420aMay-02-05 09:07 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#2778, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 1
May-02-05 09:08 PM by Vandy420a

wow that looks great!!! cheers!

on a side note, I know a girl (translation: trying to fuck her) who's moving back to baltimore and is absolutely in LOVE with convertibles. I feel like I may have to take one for the team on this one and introduce you two--- (she's the girl in the pictures I sent you with the passed out dog and my new rims)

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

a_miller_76May-03-05 02:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#2779, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 2

That's the color of my car! I didn't think they made an Eclipse model other than RS's that were painted that color LOL

TeamJeff_99gsMay-03-05 03:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2780, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Vandy420a
wow that looks great!!! cheers! on a side note, I know a girl (translation: trying to fuck her) who's moving back to baltimore and is absolutely in LOVE with convertibles. I feel like I may have to take one for the team on this one and introduce you two--- (she's the girl in the pictures I sent you with the passed out dog and my new rims)

You may just be my new best friend. I think we need to arrange a meeting in the very near future. (As soon as it fucking warms up. It sucks having a convertible and not being able to use it yet.)

TeamJeff_99gsMay-03-05 03:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2781, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Nice. Now, get your ass back out there and take some pics of those reverse lights.

I'll do that just for you Tony.

Seriously, they are BRIGHT purple. No idea what the last owner was thinking on that one.

soulcontrollerMay-03-05 04:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#2782, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 5

looks good jeff!

chicks dig convertibles.

BigBaldMay-03-05 04:14 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#2783, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 6

AWD Conversion?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

TeamJeff_99gsMay-03-05 05:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2784, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by BigBald
AWD Conversion?

Would you expect anything less?

Vandy420aMay-03-05 06:08 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#2785, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Originally posted by BigBald AWD Conversion?

Called it....

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

EvMan2345May-03-05 06:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#2786, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 8
May-03-05 06:12 AM by EvMan2345

Well judging by the way you posted the mods list, the purple bulbs are still in your reverse lights- so you never know lol... nice pickup jeff!

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

a_miller_76May-03-05 07:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#2787, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 10

I want an AWD Spyder so bad. When I was shopping Eclipse's in college I remember asking the sales guy why they didn't make an AWD Spyder and he couldn't answer me LOL

BigBaldMay-03-05 08:35 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#2788, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 11

Nice Find and i knew you would convert....lol. NExt question is how far are you going with this Daily Driver? I know someone on Tuners ahs a GT35R AWD Spyder driving around. Are you going to be that serious or will it stay pretty much stock?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiMay-03-05 08:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#2789, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 12
May-03-05 08:59 AM by FlyinEsi

Jeff, get some 55Watt reverse lights from MachV, they are hella bright and white!!

Very nice and clean ride though. I'm impressed. I want a spyder as a daily driver to go on with my history of DSM's.

TeamJeff_99gsMay-03-05 09:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2790, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 11
May-03-05 09:12 AM by Jeff_99gs

Originally posted by a_miller_76
I want an AWD Spyder so bad. When I was shopping Eclipse's in college I remember asking the sales guy why they didn't make an AWD Spyder and he couldn't answer me LOL

I am pretty sure it is because the chassis is so much weaker without the unibody top still attached that having power to the rear wheels would cause problems. When I am driving down the road the entire windshield shakes due to chassis flex. When I do the AWD conversion I will put in a nice polished 4 point roll bar to help reduce chassis flex.

Originally posted by BigBald
Nice Find and i knew you would convert....lol. NExt question is how far are you going with this Daily Driver? I know someone on Tuners ahs a GT35R AWD Spyder driving around. Are you going to be that serious or will it stay pretty much stock?

Evo3 16G with supporting mods. Nothing too crazy. I'd like 300whp. After that, the Talon gets a makeover.

Ducking_FumbassMay-03-05 09:50 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#2791, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 14

Cowl shake != chassis flex... I think that it was more of an issue of weight than of chassis flexion when Mitsu decided to only make a FWD Spyder.

Nice find, though.

SilverBullet20gMay-03-05 04:34 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#2792, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 15

Nice car Jeff! It sucks you had to sell the evo but they cost too much money.

(parting out 95 GS)

FlyinEsiMay-04-05 09:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#2793, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 16

Jeff,

If you need someone to talk to about the AWD conversion, try contacting the owner of www.metalmanfab.com he did an AWD conversion to a spyder that now has approx 500HP. You have probably seen the white spyder in a video or two on the web. He is from Phoenix, this guy did the work, and he's a pretty cool guy, maybe he can give you some pointers. I remember they had some problems along the way too, so maybe he can clue you in on a few of those.

SilverBullet20gMay-04-05 10:47 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#2794, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 17

Another link on AWD conversion...

http://www.automotivearticles.com/AWD_Conversion.shtml

(parting out 95 GS)

a_miller_76May-04-05 11:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#2795, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by SilverBullet20g
Another link on AWD conversion... http://www.automotivearticles.com/AWD_Conversion.shtml

That's not on a Spyder though. Spyders are a whole different animal.

ArkMay-05-05 05:11 AM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#2796, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Jeff, If you need someone to talk to about the AWD conversion, try contacting the owner of www.metalmanfab.com he did an AWD conversion to a spyder that now has approx 500HP. You have probably seen the white spyder in a video or two on the web. He is from Phoenix, this guy did the work, and he's a pretty cool guy, maybe he can give you some pointers. I remember they had some problems along the way too, so maybe he can clue you in on a few of those.

And good lord is that car sexy.

Kid's name is Mario. Built everything and I think he just ponied up for a GT30 BB or something of the like. I don't remember seeing a roll cage last time I saw it though....

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

TeamJeff_99gsMay-05-05 05:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2797, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 20

Yeah I love that car. Black leather is gorgeous.

HybriDSMMay-05-05 05:30 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#2798, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 21

Yeah I love that car. Black leather is gorgeous.

That car is the hottest thing I've seen today. Jeff do that to yours. I'll help.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

420a-TnthewerksMay-05-05 08:55 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#2799, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 22
May-05-05 08:55 AM by 420a-Tnthewerks

I've always wondered this, but would it be possible to put in one of those Subaru, Volvo, etc. AWD systems in that only go into AWD when traction is needed?

420a-TnthewerksMay-05-05 05:40 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#2800, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 23

JEFF! Pro Street online is parting out the AWD spyder..

http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=21040

TeamJeff_99gsMay-06-05 06:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2801, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 24

I'm already selling the Spyder. I can't make up my mind.

PM me if you are interested.

ArkMay-08-05 06:35 AM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#2802, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 25

I'm already selling the Spyder. I can't make up my mind. PM me if you are interested.

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

TeamJeff_99gsMay-20-05 05:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2803, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 26

http://www.fullyspooled.com/spyder/spyderforsale.html

Spread the word guys! Thanks. Asking price is $9,450.

FlyinEsiMay-20-05 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#2804, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 27

Why are you selling it?? It is gorgeous!! What are you going to buy?

TeamJeff_99gsMay-20-05 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2805, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Why are you selling it?? It is gorgeous!! What are you going to buy?

I'll start modifying it if I keep it and I need to focus on getting my Talon back on the road. The Talon needs body work, paint, and a few more things before I will be really happy with it. If I start putting money into the Spyder I will never get the Talon back.

Also, I want to save more money by getting a car that gets better gas mileage and uses 87 octane. Scion tC is what I am looking at right now. If the Spyder sells, that is.

FlyinEsiMay-20-05 09:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#2806, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 29
May-20-05 09:53 AM by FlyinEsi

Originally posted by FlyinEsi Why are you selling it?? It is gorgeous!! What are you going to buy?
I'll start modifying it if I keep it and I need to focus on getting my Talon back on the road. The Talon needs body work, paint, and a few more things before I will be really happy with it. If I start putting money into the Spyder I will never get the Talon back. Also, I want to save more money by getting a car that gets better gas mileage and uses 87 octane. Scion tC is what I am looking at right now. If the Spyder sells, that is.

www.scionspeed.com has a 400+ whp tC built on the stock motor. They have a bunch of video's over there too. Check it out...I actually kind of like that car a little bit.

Edit:
Oh yeah, you don't want something to modify. Just look for an old metro to get you around...cheap insurance, no motification market, runs on like 81 octane gas, and gets awesome mileage on 3 cylinders.

RemyMay-20-05 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#2807, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 30

Jeff do you just buy cars because you are bored ?

Buy one of those electric cars if you want good gas milage. I am seriously considering one just to get me to work every day. You save a shit load of gas money each month.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

TeamJeff_99gsMay-20-05 05:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2808, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 31

Originally posted by Remy
Jeff do you just buy cars because you are bored ?WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

I think so I am addicted.

BRU_ceMay-23-05 05:51 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
#2809, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 32

Do what I do... live vicariously through your friends' money! I somehow managed to convince three of my friends to buy AWD DSMs and now I have three DSMs to play with and have them spend money on so I can work on them and drive around when I'm bored, but I still own a stock 2GNT!

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

theallpowerfulmeMay-23-05 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#2810, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 33

jeffrey! nice man, welcome to the club haha

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

Dualgen2May-29-05 12:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#2811, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 34

oooo Spyder is SOLD! One step closer to fixing the Talon. That was a fun month Jeff. Can't wait to see the tC. Lets go nuts in the EVO this week before you sell that to. ROAD TRIP!
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

TeamJeff_99gsMay-29-05 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2812, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 35

Yeah hah the Evo will be sitting this week. The less miles on it the better. I've already said my goodbyes and I am not the kind of guy to romp on a car just because it is already sold. Especially a DSM or Evo.

I had my fun with the car though and it is still the most amazing car for the money on the road today. The Spyder was fun for the time I had it, but I took the cover off the Talon today and it is certainly ready for some work. My goal is to have everything done by the 2006 Shootout. That gives me like 15 months for body work, paint, rebuild, and some....um engine parts.

TguyApr-01-10 04:39 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2010
21 posts,
#13164, "RE: My Spyder"
In response to Reply # 0

these are sweet cars.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2776 Previous topic | Next topic