Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1590
View in linear mode

Subject: "Finally found my GST" Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsAug-26-05 03:34 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1590, "Finally found my GST"

Well after looking forever I finally found it. A 1998 Black GST 52,000 miles driven by a fourty six year old woman since it was brand new $8700. I loved my RS but I have to say this car kicks ass not just because of the extra power which in itself is awesome but all the nice little features. Leather, Sunroof, Power everything. All I can say is WOW.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Finally found my GST, dsmmyth, Aug-26-05 05:20 PM, #1
RE: Finally found my GST, amljbs, Aug-26-05 05:51 PM, #2
      RE: Finally found my GST, NHH223, Aug-26-05 08:33 PM, #3
           RE: Finally found my GST, amljbs, Aug-27-05 06:03 AM, #4
                RE: Finally found my GST, BMPDirk, Aug-29-05 07:19 AM, #5
                     RE: Finally found my GST, amljbs, Aug-29-05 07:40 AM, #6
                          RE: Finally found my GST, BMPDirk, Aug-29-05 08:00 AM, #7
                               RE: Finally found my GST, amljbs, Aug-29-05 08:14 AM, #8

dsmmythAug-26-05 05:20 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1591, "RE: Finally found my GST"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice find, especially since you know it hasn't been ragged on. Where's the pics though?

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

amljbsAug-26-05 05:51 PM
587 posts,
#1592, "RE: Finally found my GST"
In response to Reply # 1

Ill get some up soon Ive been like busy as hell at work. Installed the intake and did the wastegate solenoid restriction mod in the parking lot at work lol. Nice difference with those done.

1998 Eclipse GST

NHH223Aug-26-05 08:33 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#1593, "RE: Finally found my GST"
In response to Reply # 2

Damn. My shop is gonna sell a 97 GSX 5-speed for $9k... Read my post on whether I should get the car or not. 50K on the block, driven by a 50-ish yr old woman. No mods, nothing. Hows the traction in ur GS-T?

-Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

amljbsAug-27-05 06:03 AM
587 posts,
#1594, "RE: Finally found my GST"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-27-05 06:04 AM by amljbs

Traction and turbo lag along with torque steer are the only problems I have with the car. I can tell that the more I do the bigger that problem will become however its not as bad as I thought it would be. Next step is exhaust I have downpipe and free flow cat on the way but havent decided on the catback yet. I need something that will be fairly quiet. My wife bitched about how the 2gnt was too loud. I actually wanted a GSX they are just so hard to find and this car was in perfect shape so I went for it. If you have the chance for the GSX go for it.

1998 Eclipse GST

BMPDirkAug-29-05 07:19 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#1595, "RE: Finally found my GST"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-29-05 07:20 AM by BMPDirk

Originally posted by amljbs
Traction and turbo lag along with torque steer are the only problems I have with the car. I can tell that the more I do the bigger that problem will become however its not as bad as I thought it would be. Next step is exhaust I have downpipe and free flow cat on the way but havent decided on the catback yet. I need something that will be fairly quiet. My wife bitched about how the 2gnt was too loud. I actually wanted a GSX they are just so hard to find and this car was in perfect shape so I went for it. If you have the chance for the GSX go for it.

RS*R is a great exhaust for a daily driver. It's the quietest exhaust ive heard, and it's my favorite sounding exhaust on the 4g63 imo, and i've had quiet a few. It also looks fairly stock so it doesnt draw too much attention. Check out my sig, you can kinda see it.

Turbo lag? i didnt know that turbo lag existed on the stock t25. And im surprised you have traction issues. When i still had my t25, if the roads were dry, it would only spin in first. Shit, even now with the Evo16g @ 19psi first is still the only gear with traction issues.

amljbsAug-29-05 07:40 AM
587 posts,
#1596, "RE: Finally found my GST"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-29-05 07:43 AM by amljbs

Its probably the cheap shit tires that I have on the car right now . As for the turbo lag it just seems like you can mash the pedal and it momentarily creeps then kicks hard Also where did you get your exhaust.

1998 Eclipse GST

BMPDirkAug-29-05 08:00 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#1597, "RE: Finally found my GST"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by amljbs
Its probably the cheap shit tires that I have on the car right now . As for the turbo lag it just seems like you can mash the pedal and it momentarily creeps then kicks hard Also where did you get your exhaust.

http://www.turboimport.com/catalog/eclipse.htm

amljbsAug-29-05 08:14 AM
587 posts,
#1598, "RE: Finally found my GST"
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-29-05 08:15 AM by amljbs

In fact now that I think about it the turbo lag might just be the cheap tires breaking loose lol :-D then it kicks when they grab. After looking at that I might just go fully with RSR exhaust. Thanks alot bro. Gotta keep the wife happy with the noise levels or else I would go apexi n1 or greddy.

1998 Eclipse GST

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1590 Previous topic | Next topic