Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1537
View in linear mode

Subject: "Quiet Exhaust for GST" Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsAug-31-05 09:57 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1537, "Quiet Exhaust for GST"

Well they have sold out of the R*SR Exhaust and Ive been told its discontinued. Anyone know of a good exhaust that low noise at idle and cruise.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, NHH223, Aug-31-05 10:37 AM, #1
RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, eclipse_gs_1512, Aug-31-05 10:38 AM, #2
RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, amljbs, Aug-31-05 11:04 AM, #3
      RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, eclipse_gs_1512, Aug-31-05 12:27 PM, #4
           RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, FlyinEsi, Aug-31-05 01:37 PM, #5
                RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, TeamJeff_99gs, Aug-31-05 02:14 PM, #6
                     RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, eclipse_gs_1512, Aug-31-05 02:24 PM, #7
                          RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, amljbs, Aug-31-05 02:31 PM, #8
                               RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, eclipsekaiser, Aug-31-05 11:06 PM, #9
                                    RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, 96rs-t, Aug-31-05 11:25 PM, #10
                                         RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, soulcontroller, Sep-01-05 12:34 PM, #11
                                         RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, eclipsekaiser, Sep-01-05 09:46 PM, #12
                                              RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, RST95eclipse, Sep-02-05 07:03 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, amljbs, Sep-03-05 06:37 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST, NHH223, Sep-03-05 06:46 PM, #15

NHH223Aug-31-05 10:37 AM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1538, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 0

I know Apex'i comes with a silencer, which screws into the tip, making it almost stock sounding. It's good for just cruising around, and taking it out when you hit the dragway. IMO, I like the idea.

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse_gs_1512Aug-31-05 10:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#1539, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-31-05 10:41 AM by eclipse_gs_1512

i have the 5zigen fireball...it's slightly louder than stock at idle and under load

pic for ya...

it comes out at a little bit of a slant

2007 wrx

amljbsAug-31-05 11:04 AM
587 posts,
#1540, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 2

How much and where did you get it from?

1998 Eclipse GST

eclipse_gs_1512Aug-31-05 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#1541, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 3

it was a clearance item...got it shipped for i think 300 from importparts.com

https://www.importparts.com/shop/index.php?osCsid=6bad37690765e81170c611792c2bea4a

2007 wrx

FlyinEsiAug-31-05 01:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1542, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 4

If you really want a good exhaust, get the Apex'i N1. The sound is incredible out of this setup and it is very quiet at idle, compared to many others, and has a sweet hum on the highway cruising. But if you are hard on the gas, this little monster definitely makes some noise.

Another bonus. If you ever want to get a downpipe, you can order an apex'i n1 downpipe that will bolt directly up to that catback.

TeamJeff_99gsAug-31-05 02:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1543, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 5

The Spyder I bought came with the 5Zigen Fireball exhaust. The sound is hardly noticeable unless at full throttle, but at the cost of having 2 resonators. That won't help performance much, but it keeps it quiet. I think it looks like crap personally.

Also, it was two years old when I got it and it was full of holes. It is not very well made. I would not suggest it.

eclipse_gs_1512Aug-31-05 02:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#1544, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 6

I agree completely...the gains were minimal and the looks weren't great. I'm not entirely unhappy with it though

2007 wrx

amljbsAug-31-05 02:31 PM
587 posts,
#1545, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-31-05 02:33 PM by amljbs

Ive had a couple people here locally tell me that the stock muffler flows pretty well that its just the cat that really blocks the flow. I realize this is probably only true up to a certain point. I really think I'm going to end up just doing apexi from the turbo back its a good price and widely available with a good name to back it.

By the way eclipse_gs_1512 like your car. Exactly like mine.

1998 Eclipse GST

eclipsekaiserAug-31-05 11:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#1546, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 8
Aug-31-05 11:09 PM by eclipsekaiser

Check out turboimport.com and ask for AL. They may have some left overs, as they are official RS*R distributors. That is where I got my old school RS*R after they discont. the firt time around.

Edit: here ya go...

http://turboimport.com/catalog/eclipse.htm

I have bought $$$$ things from him. Fast shipper and great prices.

-K-

96rs-tAug-31-05 11:25 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#1547, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 9

Apexi N1 all the way man

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

soulcontrollerSep-01-05 12:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1548, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 10

my greddy sp sounds pretty nice. not ricey at all, but thats on a 420a. i think my 4g63 is louder.

eclipsekaiserSep-01-05 09:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#1549, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 10

Come come now..you know the N-1 is outdated

-K-

RST95eclipseSep-02-05 07:03 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#1550, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 12

Get an N1 knockoff for $50 and have some pipe mandrel bend to get there.

amljbsSep-03-05 06:37 PM
587 posts,
#1551, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 13

Made the mistake of buying cheap shit for the 2gnt and it wont happen with the GST. I have the money and Ill buy good quality products this time around.

1998 Eclipse GST

NHH223Sep-03-05 06:46 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#1552, "RE: Quiet Exhaust for GST"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by amljbs
Made the mistake of buying cheap shit for the 2gnt and it wont happen with the GST. I have the money and Ill buy good quality products this time around.

I hear you on that one. Try ebay coilovers, a neon shift knob, and ebay UDP, LOL!!! Thats as far as I got on my 95 GS.

They might say it's useless for us to mod our FWDs but I'm gonna go ahead and do it anyways.

Best advice I can give to you, is take in as much advice, knowledge, and experience (tried and true) before you buy or do anything to your car!

-Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1537 Previous topic | Next topic