Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1486
View in linear mode

Subject: "Should I buy a......." Previous topic | Next topic
ScreaminESep-10-05 09:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1486, "Should I buy a......."

1st gen turbo car?

Well some of you may have seen where I decided to scrap the idea of turbo'ing my 420a due to the fact that it is my dailey driver and I need it for work and school. I am selling my turbo kit right now on ebay and I am getting at leas 1000 bucks for it.

I was thinking I could just drive my talon everyday and not spend anymore money in mods and have the 1g for a fixer upper/quick street car.

Any input is welcome good or bad!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Should I buy a......., FlyinEsi, Sep-10-05 10:06 AM, #1
RE: Should I buy a......., Talontaxi, Sep-10-05 03:04 PM, #2
      RE: Should I buy a......., ScreaminE, Sep-10-05 04:55 PM, #3
           RE: Should I buy a......., All4thaN0okie, Sep-11-05 09:20 AM, #4
                RE: Should I buy a......., kelvinb1, Sep-11-05 02:31 PM, #5
                     RE: Should I buy a......., 97eclipse97, Sep-13-05 05:49 AM, #6

FlyinEsiSep-10-05 10:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1487, "RE: Should I buy a......."
In response to Reply # 0

if you need a daily driver, I think that is a great idea...but I would still buy another 2G turbo as your fixer upper.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TalontaxiSep-10-05 03:04 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
#1488, "RE: Should I buy a......."
In response to Reply # 1

Why not, you can pic up a 1g for fairly cheap to. I went the opposite route though, I bought a n/a 1g for 400$ with 80k and put about 400-450 worth of parts into it and have a great car that I could sell for twice as much as I have into it. I'm gonna get rid on my 2gnt and buy a 2g awd.

ScreaminESep-10-05 04:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#1489, "RE: Should I buy a......."
In response to Reply # 2

I would get rid of my 2gnt but I cant do it...

First car I ever owned...I will NEVER get rid of it

All4thaN0okieSep-11-05 09:20 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#1490, "RE: Should I buy a......."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by ScreaminE
...I will NEVER get rid of it

i think we've all said that at one time... but.. ya.. get a 1g awd... have some fun with it for not a ton of money...

kelvinb1Sep-11-05 02:31 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#1491, "RE: Should I buy a......."
In response to Reply # 4

i took your route bud, best one yet I have a 95 rs and a 91 awd talon, best of both worlds i guess. Ive put about the same amount of money into both and very happy with both.

97eclipse97Sep-13-05 05:49 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#1492, "RE: Should I buy a......."
In response to Reply # 5

I sold my 97 RS and bought two 95 AWD's (an Eclipse and a Talon)...and I have no regrets about selling the N/T either...

Oh, and I got my Talon for $2900 and it runs great. Couldn't ask for much more.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1486 Previous topic | Next topic