Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1447
View in linear mode

Subject: "car stalls when clutch is pushed in" Previous topic | Next topic
misguidedSep-14-05 03:57 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2005
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1447, "car stalls when clutch is pushed in"

My daughter has a 93 talon, yesterday it started stalling when you push the clutch in when she came to a stop. I got in the car put it in
neutral and put the clutch in and it stalled repeatidly. I then took it upto 1000 rpm, put the clutch in and it dropped to 500 rpm but kept running. Take it to 1500 rpm put the clutch in and it drops to 1000 rpm and keeps running. Anyone have any ideas or experienced this b4? Thanks.........................

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in, kelvinb1, Sep-14-05 05:35 PM, #1
RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in, Remy, Sep-14-05 05:38 PM, #2
      RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-14-05 07:20 PM, #3
           RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in, TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-15-05 05:11 AM, #4
                idle speed control motor bad? could this cause it?, misguided, Sep-15-05 10:31 AM, #5
                     RE: idle speed control motor bad? could this cause it?, All4thaN0okie, Sep-15-05 11:12 AM, #6
                          RE: idle speed control motor bad? could this cause it?, Hult250R, Sep-15-05 11:19 AM, #7
                          RE: idle speed control motor bad? could this cause it?, misguided, Sep-16-05 06:18 AM, #9
RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in, NHH223, Sep-15-05 12:21 PM, #8

kelvinb1Sep-14-05 05:35 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1448, "RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RemySep-14-05 05:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#1449, "RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by kelvinb1
sounds like

On a 93 ?

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-14-05 07:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1450, "RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in"
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-14-05 07:29 PM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by kelvinb1 sounds like
On a 93 ? WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

Not impossible but HIGHLY doubtful...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

TeamJeff_99gsSep-15-05 05:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1451, "RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in"
In response to Reply # 3

Well since crankwalk is just premature crank bearing failure, and any car can get it, it is certainly possible.

Lift the car up, remove the driver side front wheel and look at the crank pulley while someone pushes the clutch pedal. If you see any movement chances are your crank bearings are toast. What model Talon is it?

misguidedSep-15-05 10:31 AM
6 posts,
#1452, "idle speed control motor bad? could this cause it?"
In response to Reply # 4

got the repair manual, took resistance readings in accordance with (IAW) the manual, manual says should read around 28 ohms......it reads infinity......gotta go get a 6 volt battery to do final test IAW manual................friggin part is $300 if this is it, I guess thats cheaper than overhaulin the engine

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
What model Talon is it?

Talon ES ???

All4thaN0okieSep-15-05 11:12 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#1453, "RE: idle speed control motor bad? could this cause it?"
In response to Reply # 5

wtf is an IAW?? cuz my car just started doin the same thing.... but only when you push the clutch in from a higher rpm (above like 3000)...

Hult250RSep-15-05 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#1454, "RE: idle speed control motor bad? could this cause it?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by All4thaN0okie
wtf is an IAW?? cuz my car just started doin the same thing.... but only when you push the clutch in from a higher rpm (above like 3000)...

I think hes talking about the ISC motor.

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

misguidedSep-16-05 06:18 AM
6 posts,
#1455, "RE: idle speed control motor bad? could this cause it?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by All4thaN0okie
wtf is an IAW??

it means in accordance with...........

I checked all the vacum lines that I could find, I did the three electrical test on the Idle Speed Control motor, the motor failed all three test. One of the test you take a 6v lantern battery and apply power to the terminals on the motor, no vibration no motor running.......its dead. So I guess i am gonna order one.

NHH223Sep-15-05 12:21 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#1456, "RE: car stalls when clutch is pushed in"
In response to Reply # 0

All crank-walk issues and ideas aside...

Whether turbo or non-turbo, I know a couple things that'll kill your idle...

- check for vacuum leaks, gunk build-ups etc
- make sure all hoses are connected properly
- you can check the idle control sensors (like all 5 of them)
- check plugs and wires (maybe little bit of oil in one well causes stalling?)

For turbo, my GS-T has done, and been doing this since I started/stopped venting my BOV...

- 2 new o2 sensors
- new plugs
- new coolant temp sensor

Still craps out when the clutch is in, but seems like my idle is ROUGH, real ROUGH, don't know about the complete and TOTAL accuracy of my tach, due to glow-gaues install, but seems pretty good. Idles at 900rpm, but I think its gonna fail, idling higher might solve problem, not too sure though. Will heavier after-market clutches bog down on the idle at all? I'm not so sure, but help would be appreciated.

Granted the nature of your problem, I wouldn't look to expensive repairs first. Lots of times it's the small things (disconnected vaccum hose etc) that cuase the most problems.

-Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1447 Previous topic | Next topic