Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1375
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...." Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiSep-09-05 04:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1375, "Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."

Post made on az2gnt.net about the hottest GSX spyder, yes spyder, ever.

For those of you who don't know...Mario's car is the sexy ass white Spyder converted to AWD, built 2.0L block last putting down 450HP on 27psi, he now has a bigger turbo, and a nitrous shot to go with it.

I got to go for a ride in it. He had it turned down to 19 psi on a GT35 turbo on 91 octane gas, 1000cc injectors, and HOLY FUCK! First of all, this guy knows how to drive his car, for sure! We also broke all 4 tires loose several times. Totally fucking amazing!!!

We did happen to blow the intake tube off the turbo, car died and we had to coast it to a parking lot and put it back on before going anywhere, but it was the sweetest ride I have ever been on.

I think this has definitely fueled the fire to keep the GSX and build the block and go for the huge ball bearing turbo I was looking at. I love it! You all need GSX's!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., 95 Mitsu, Sep-09-05 10:36 AM, #1
RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., RST95eclipse, Sep-09-05 12:02 PM, #2
      RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., FlyinEsi, Sep-09-05 01:00 PM, #3
           RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., Diceman19, Sep-12-05 12:31 PM, #4
           RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., 420a-Tnthewerks, Sep-12-05 07:59 PM, #6
                RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., HybriDSM, Sep-13-05 04:18 AM, #7
                     RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., 420a-Tnthewerks, Sep-13-05 09:57 AM, #8
                     RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., FlyinEsi, Sep-14-05 04:29 AM, #9
                          RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., 420a-Tnthewerks, Sep-14-05 09:00 AM, #10
                               RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., FlyinEsi, Sep-14-05 09:36 AM, #11
                                    RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., slowmitsu, Sep-16-05 11:21 AM, #12
           RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-12-05 01:17 PM, #5
                RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., theallpowerfulme, Sep-22-05 03:42 PM, #13
                RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., TeamDR1665, Sep-23-05 01:08 PM, #14
                     RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...., FlyinEsi, Sep-23-05 01:17 PM, #15

95 MitsuSep-09-05 10:36 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
767 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1376, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 0

Awesome. And yes, that car is sexy but so is yours.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RST95eclipseSep-09-05 12:02 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#1377, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 1

When does he see his turbo spooling in his RPM range? I'm curious because that is a huge snail.

FlyinEsiSep-09-05 01:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1378, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 2

About 4300, but it just gets insane after that!

He is going to sell that block and drop in a 2.4 spider built n/t motor in the car next. He said probably this winter. That will make it spool quicker...except he is going ot sell the GT35 for a GT40.

Diceman19Sep-12-05 12:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#1379, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 3

i dont see a roll cage. how is the car reinforced due to the convertable top? safety first.

420a-TnthewerksSep-12-05 07:59 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#1380, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-12-05 08:01 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Originally posted by Diceman19
i dont see a roll cage. how is the car reinforced due to the convertable top? safety first.

? It's a Spyder, they're made to be strong as a convertible...

Anyway, very impressive car. What kind of rims are those?

HybriDSMSep-13-05 04:18 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#1381, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Originally posted by Diceman19 i dont see a roll cage. how is the car reinforced due to the convertable top? safety first.
? It's a Spyder, they're made to be strong as a convertible... Anyway, very impressive car. What kind of rims are those?

Have you felt the chassis flex in a Spyder? It's dumbfounding how little rigidity there is despite their reinforcements in the body. A car with that much power would just accentuate it.

It's still a gorgeous car, and I love it.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

420a-TnthewerksSep-13-05 09:57 AM
2267 posts,
#1382, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 7
Sep-13-05 09:58 AM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by Diceman19 i dont see a roll cage. how is the car reinforced due to the convertable top? safety first.
? It's a Spyder, they're made to be strong as a convertible... Anyway, very impressive car. What kind of rims are those?
Have you felt the chassis flex in a Spyder? It's dumbfounding how little rigidity there is despite their reinforcements in the body. A car with that much power would just accentuate it. It's still a gorgeous car, and I love it.

I'm sure the AWD would help even out distribution through the body. He might have something in the trunk, I don't know, but otherwise it seems he's doing fine .

FlyinEsiSep-14-05 04:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1383, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 7

Have you felt the chassis flex in a Spyder? It's dumbfounding how little rigidity there is despite their reinforcements in the body. A car with that much power would just accentuate it. It's still a gorgeous car, and I love it.

You know, you may be onto something there...he just got his car fixed from an accident...he was at the track, racing 27psi on race gas, but he has no role cage so when he gets to the end he has to slow down and trap a slower time or else they will kick him out...so he hit his brakes to start slowing down and his car started moving all over the road, he ended up sliding around backwards and hitting the oncoming racing mustang head on...that must have something to do with the body flex of the spyder.

Good thing he has a role cage being custom made right now.

420a-TnthewerksSep-14-05 09:00 AM
2267 posts,
#1384, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
You know, you may be onto something there...he just got his car fixed from an accident...he was at the track, racing 27psi on race gas, but he has no role cage so when he gets to the end he has to slow down and trap a slower time or else they will kick him out...so he hit his brakes to start slowing down and his car started moving all over the road, he ended up sliding around backwards and hitting the oncoming racing mustang head on...that must have something to do with the body flex of the spyder. Good thing he has a role cage being custom made right now.

That's good to know I guess. And no, I haven't been in a Spyder before. Did it seem to be flexing alot while riding in it Flyin?

Don't you have to run 9's before needing a role cage? If so, I'm sure hitting the brakes at 130mph didn't help his situation either.

FlyinEsiSep-14-05 09:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1385, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 10

That's good to know I guess. And no, I haven't been in a Spyder before. Did it seem to be flexing alot while riding in it Flyin? Don't you have to run 9's before needing a role cage? If so, I'm sure hitting the brakes at 130mph didn't help his situation either.

I didn't feel the car flexing at all...I was just completely amazed at the feeling of that much speed...didn't really pay attention, even when he was swerving through traffic I couldn't tell.

At the track here, if you break 13's you have to wear a helmet, break 12's, you need a role cage I believe.

slowmitsuSep-16-05 11:21 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#1386, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 11

break 12's, you need a role cage I believe.

TeamJeff_99gsSep-12-05 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1387, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 3

About 4300, but it just gets insane after that! He is going to sell that block and drop in a 2.4 spider built n/t motor in the car next. He said probably this winter. That will make it spool quicker...except he is going ot sell the GT35 for a GT40.

You know you are in trouble when you see the correct spelling of "Spider" and you think it is misspelled. DSMs have rotted my brain.

theallpowerfulmeSep-22-05 03:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#1388, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 5

sounds like a nice car, very similar to my setup, except i expect i will be a little bit faster }) . Spyders have re-enforcement to make them not twist to pieces going down the road but if you have ever ridden in one they still flex like hell. For instance since mine will see pretty much 60% street 40% drag use, it will have a 6 point (or more haven't totally decided yet) cage, and Many chassis modifications to keep from tearing the torque boxes apart hooking it on the track.

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

TeamDR1665Sep-23-05 01:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1389, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
You know you are in trouble when you see the correct spelling of "Spider" and you think it is misspelled. DSMs have rotted my brain.

What about the repeated misspelling of roll cage?

IT'S ROLL CAGE! DAMNIT!!

Just imagine if he slapped a Talon conversion on that drop top! My pants would get tight (and not from the usual all-u-can-eat buffet at China Palace).

FlyinEsiSep-23-05 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1390, "RE: Rode in the most amazing Eclipse ever...."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs You know you are in trouble when you see the correct spelling of "Spider" and you think it is misspelled. DSMs have rotted my brain.
What about the repeated misspelling of roll cage? IT'S ROLL CAGE! DAMNIT!! Just imagine if he slapped a Talon conversion on that drop top! My pants would get tight (and not from the usual all-u-can-eat buffet at China Palace).

What about the repeated misspelling of DAMMIT!

Check it, it's right.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1375 Previous topic | Next topic