Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1356
View in linear mode

Subject: "Teaser pic of my new toy" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTicalSep-20-05 01:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1356, "Teaser pic of my new toy"
Sep-20-05 02:07 AM by EclipseTical

Just finished the deal on this 99 Gsx, am picking it up Wednesday. Has 28k original miles, all options including rear lsd. Original owner owns several cars, this was his sunday driver. Never driven in winter. ONly mods are an air filter and a turbo timer, other than that its all stock. More pics to come once i take possesion of it.

So nice to finally have boost, don't know why i didn't get one sooner!

edit: might help if the pic came up huh. Link fixed

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, 97eclipse97, Sep-20-05 03:12 AM, #1
RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, FlyinEsi, Sep-20-05 04:10 AM, #2
      RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, slowmitsu, Sep-20-05 07:00 AM, #3
      RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, EclipseTical, Sep-20-05 07:40 AM, #4
      RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, nordstrom, Sep-20-05 07:41 AM, #5
           RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-20-05 07:58 AM, #6
                RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-20-05 08:28 AM, #7
                     RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, EclipseTical, Sep-20-05 08:47 AM, #8
                          RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-20-05 11:16 AM, #9
                               RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, NHH223, Sep-20-05 11:31 AM, #10
                                    RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, amljbs, Sep-21-05 05:17 AM, #11
                                         RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, EclipseTical, Sep-21-05 05:44 AM, #12
                                         RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, BMPDirk, Sep-22-05 11:40 AM, #13
                                         RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, NHH223, Sep-23-05 10:06 PM, #18
      RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, theallpowerfulme, Sep-22-05 03:57 PM, #14
           RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-22-05 09:01 PM, #15
           RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, EclipseTical, Sep-23-05 04:15 AM, #16
                RE: Teaser pic of my new toy, Clay, Sep-23-05 10:13 AM, #17

97eclipse97Sep-20-05 03:12 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1357, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by EclipseTical

Wow is all I can say. That car looks so clean and meticulously maintained! Great find, and congrats! I must say that I am just a little jealous that you found one with so few miles and so clean...
Good luck with it, and certainly if you have any questions, post them up here and one of us should definitly be able to help you!

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiSep-20-05 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1358, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 1

very nice, let the modding begin.

slowmitsuSep-20-05 07:00 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#1359, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 2

Very nice find. Welcome to the 4G63.

EclipseTicalSep-20-05 07:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#1360, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-20-05 07:41 AM by EclipseTical

thank you both. I am still in shock for the most part. STill driving the rs this week, pfft no comparison whatsoever.

Car was driven so little that it has the original tires on the wheels as well as original rotors/brake pads. All belts/pulleys were changed this past friday at satan (his expense not mine) as well as the 30k tune up.

the darkside has been calling me forever, glad to finally be here.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

nordstromSep-20-05 07:41 AM
Member since Aug 15th 2002
161 posts,
#1361, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 3

wow that is really low miles, congrats. can i ask what you picked it up for?

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-20-05 07:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1362, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by nordstrom
wow that is really low miles, congrats. can i ask what you picked it up for?

Yes, very nice score. I as well am wondering what a 99 GSX with that kind of mileage went for.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

TeamJeff_99gsSep-20-05 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1363, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 6

Every AWD 2G has a rear LSD.
Again, congrats on the car.

EclipseTicalSep-20-05 08:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#1364, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 7

i got it for $14k.
D'oh, thought the lsd was only an option up till 99 when it became standard. Obviously i am new to the 4g63 so forgive the rookie mistake

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-20-05 11:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1365, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 8

i got it for $14k.

Expect the cops to be at your door any time now... You robbed that guy!

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

NHH223Sep-20-05 11:31 AM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#1366, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 9

Agreed with the robbery.

A guy I know paid $16k for his 99 Black GSX 5-sp with 60-ish K on the clock. Still had factory warranty so I guess thats what the high cost was for.

Congrats man. I hope you like the boost, the traction, and the puddles of drool you'll be passing on the highway, LOL.

-Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

amljbsSep-21-05 05:17 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1367, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 10

Man I thought I got a good deal with my 1998 GST with 52,000 miles on it for $8700. Looks awesome bro. Think its fun now just wait till you start modding. Its wonderful to spend a few hundred bucks and actually feel a huge difference after doing it. Of course I find myself much more tempted to spend more and more because of this .
I too just went from the RS and the difference is just totally night and day. Have fun bro

1998 Eclipse GST

EclipseTicalSep-21-05 05:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#1368, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by amljbs
Man I thought I got a good deal with my 1998 GST with 52,000 miles on it for $8700. Looks awesome bro. Think its fun now just wait till you start modding. Its wonderful to spend a few hundred bucks and actually feel a huge difference after doing it. Of course I find myself much more tempted to spend more and more because of this . I too just went from the RS and the difference is just totally night and day. Have fun bro

you too!

lol i am already amassing a collecting of parts. At least if Dirk ever comes out of hiding i will.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

BMPDirkSep-22-05 11:40 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#1369, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 12
Sep-22-05 11:41 AM by BMPDirk

Originally posted by amljbs Man I thought I got a good deal with my 1998 GST with 52,000 miles on it for $8700. Looks awesome bro. Think its fun now just wait till you start modding. Its wonderful to spend a few hundred bucks and actually feel a huge difference after doing it. Of course I find myself much more tempted to spend more and more because of this . I too just went from the RS and the difference is just totally night and day. Have fun bro
you too! lol i am already amassing a collecting of parts. At least if Dirk ever comes out of hiding i will.

haha, sorry man, been SO busy lately. I still have those parts for you. Damn, the GSX looks incredible...the paint looks almost as clean as mine I definetly want to check it out soon.

Hey PM your cell number, i forgot my phone at my parents house, wont have it for a few days.

NHH223Sep-23-05 10:06 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#1370, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 11

Yeah, talk about difference.

I drove my friend's 2GNT with intake and exhaust. I hit the gas pedal, and looked at my right foot to make sure I was pressing the correct pedal, LOL!!!

Mod away, let it consume you, and let you become obsessed with it!!!

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

theallpowerfulmeSep-22-05 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#1371, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
very nice, let the modding begin.

no, don't do shit I will buy it from you and give you more for it if the car is as you stated

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-22-05 09:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1372, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by theallpowerfulme
Originally posted by FlyinEsi very nice, let the modding begin.
no, don't do shit I will buy it from you and give you more for it if the car is as you stated

Let him have it. You have enough already. Are you and Jen having some sort of DSM collecting contest or something?

EclipseTicalSep-23-05 04:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#1373, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by theallpowerfulme
Originally posted by FlyinEsi very nice, let the modding begin.

Sorry, definitely not for sale. Been waiting for a mint gsx since i bought the RS.

Dirk- pm sent

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

ClaySep-23-05 10:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#1374, "RE: Teaser pic of my new toy"
In response to Reply # 16

Congrats on the purchase!

95 GST | So-Cal

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1356 Previous topic | Next topic