Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13264
View in linear mode

Subject: "Might purchase a GST with blown motor" Previous topic | Next topic
FreshasfckFeb-01-15 10:52 PM
Member since Jan 18th 2015
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13264, "Might purchase a GST with blown motor"

I came across a 98 GST that threw a rod through the block and was wondering at what price point would it be worth picking up?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Fallen4ng31Feb-02-15 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13265, "RE: Might purchase a GST with blown motor"
In response to Reply # 0

It really depends on the state of the chassis and drivetrain. If everything else is in decent shape, around $500, max.

I'd also take everything the seller says with a full shaker of salt, seeing as how he managed to throw a rod through the block. I'll put it to you this way. When buying a car that a previous owner has managed to grenade, do you trust that there aren't five million other problems or half-assed repairs?

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FreshasfckFeb-03-15 07:28 PM
Member since Jan 18th 2015
5 posts,
#13266, "RE: Might purchase a GST with blown motor"
In response to Reply # 1

That's what I figured I originally offered 600 he said 1000 and I told him no thanks. Got my eye on a gsx also. That guy said the car just died on him one day and wont start but he wants 2500. The car has a ton of upgrades and is at least worth that in parts but I think I'm gonna wait it out and see what else comes along.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13264 Previous topic | Next topic