Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13173
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for" Previous topic | Next topic
spazzz1989Sep-09-10 07:14 PM
Member since Sep 09th 2010
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13173, "Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for"
Sep-09-10 07:57 PM by spazzz1989

Replacing some parts of my car's engine/bay and car interanl to help the overall look of my car.
I am open to all links and suggestions cuz I have just run out of ideas.
I want to put some blue accent into my engine bay.
Also wanna make my engine push 450 to 500 to the wheels.
Heres what I have so far,

Currently it pushes 361 whp. 360 ft/lbs torque. 26 lbs boost

Mods include.

FP GREEN TURBO

660 DENSO INJECTORS

WALBRO Fuel Pump

PORTED AND POLISHED HEAD

1G BOTTOM END ENGINE WITH EAGLE RODS AND PISTONS

2G HEAD WITH 272/272 HKS CAMS

ALUMINUM RADIATOR

ACT II CLUTCH

AEM ECU, FULLY TUNEABLE

ESPELIR FULL EXHAUST

DUE TO ENORMOUS PICTURE SIZE, AND YOUR EYES SAFETY ILL JUST POST LINKS
Im not that computer smart so if you are interested in any other pics I can email them to you.

http://img197.imageshack.us/g/sany2663.jpg/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for, TurbchargdSpydr, Sep-09-10 10:36 PM, #1
RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for, TurbchargdSpydr, Sep-09-10 10:42 PM, #2
RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for, eclipserstturbo, Sep-12-10 01:17 AM, #3
      RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-22-10 05:54 PM, #4
           RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for, 99atxdsm, Nov-07-10 04:21 PM, #5
                RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for, bagged420a, Nov-08-10 10:59 PM, #6
                     RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for, 99atxdsm, Nov-09-10 12:51 AM, #7

TurbchargdSpydrSep-09-10 10:36 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13174, "RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for"
In response to Reply # 0

correct me if im wrong, but isn't that a 4g63, lol, wrong section?
BUT, anyways,
You could change up the valve cover, radiator hoses, fuse box cover, radiator hinges, ss braided lines everywhere, they are blue and red but still they give a very professional legit look...no if your really serious, then you can powder coat, turbo flange, all the brackets on the car, like the a/c, powersteering bracket, you could also powder coat the UDP. now, if your really really really serious lol, you can give your engine bay a wire tuck under the the fenders...just my two cents...

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TurbchargdSpydrSep-09-10 10:42 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
#13175, "RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for"
In response to Reply # 0

i also forgot to write,
as far as the performance goes,
i don't really know about the 4g63, but you can always get bigger valves and pnp your IM, bigger throttle body...possibly some hard core tunning lol...

Last of a dying breed...

eclipserstturboSep-12-10 01:17 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#13176, "RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm thinking a 2.4L built bottom end bored and stroked out of a Galant with your current 2G head. 22-29lbs of boost, didn't search on your turbo but if you don't already have one try a ball bearing turbo (Maybe a GT35R), and a full tune. If you come to a stand still I know there's one 2G on youtube at 1000AWHP. Talk to him, maybe get some pointers. After that call it a day and post up your dyno numbers.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-22-10 05:54 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#13177, "RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for"
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-22-10 06:00 PM by Star Turbo Talon

You can get your goal on the 2.0L and that is what i would recommend staying with.

First off with the AEM i would consider upgrading the injectors and converting to E85. With some tuning you will be able to make a great deal of improvement on that 361 marker.

I dont see any info on a Front mount so you def want to upgrade the sidemount to a quality FMIC. do not buy some junk FMIC on Ebay.

I would search for a Forrester intake, everyone that runs them seems to be very happy with them.

Tune that as far as you can go then start looking at a tube Exhaust manifold if you still fall shy.

99atxdsmNov-07-10 04:21 PM
Member since Dec 25th 2006
36 posts,
#13178, "RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for"
In response to Reply # 4

No need to go 2.4 or 2.3 to get more power (unless you are looking for that low end torque like myself), plenty of 4g63 cars running 500+ on the 2.0. E85 if available in your area will help achieve your goal, but even on regular pump gas it's attainable.

Terry is right, get some bigger injectors as you are probably running out of room on those 660s and tune it some more. Also which Walboro pump do you have the 190lph or 255lph? Asking since you didn't specify. The FP Green is more than capable of reaching 400hp+.

Tim Reed
76 Colt Galant coupe
77 Colt Galant Wagon
91 GVR4 1350/2000 (Scrapped)
99 Eclipse GS (sold)
89 Suburban 4x4

bagged420aNov-08-10 10:59 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
#13179, "RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for"
In response to Reply # 5

And if your fp green can't get you there(wich it should be close at the least) you could look into the Holset turbos. Lots of 4g's running them and love them.

99atxdsmNov-09-10 12:51 AM
Member since Dec 25th 2006
36 posts,
#13180, "RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for"
In response to Reply # 6

The FP green is rated for up to 500hp, that's more than enough, even a Evo3 big 16g can hit 400hp.

Tim Reed
76 Colt Galant coupe
77 Colt Galant Wagon
91 GVR4 1350/2000 (Scrapped)
99 Eclipse GS (sold)
89 Suburban 4x4

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13173 Previous topic | Next topic