Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12544
View in linear mode

Subject: "60k maint parts." Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Oct-23-03 03:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12544, "60k maint parts."

what exactly is supposed to be changed. right now i have all belts, water pump, timing belt tensioner and the balance belt tensioner. do i need to change the idler and tensioner pulleys. the car has 53k on it. basically, i have spent over 200 bones on freakin parts and dont want to have spent that much unless it is necessary. if the parts do not look worn, do i need to change them? (mainly referring to the pulley's and the tensioners.) the belts are 13 years old. thanks all!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 60k maint parts., TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-23-03 05:07 PM, #1
RE: 60k maint parts., ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-23-03 07:33 PM, #2
      RE: 60k maint parts., HybriDSM, Oct-24-03 07:06 AM, #3
      RE: 60k maint parts., Diceman19, Oct-24-03 08:56 AM, #4
           RE: 60k maint parts., HybriDSM, Oct-24-03 01:35 PM, #5
                RE: 60k maint parts., Diceman19, Oct-24-03 06:19 PM, #6

TeamJeff_99gsOct-23-03 05:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12545, "RE: 60k maint parts."
In response to Reply # 0

Yes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-23-03 07:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12546, "RE: 60k maint parts."
In response to Reply # 1

damn, 53K. I got more than that on my 98.
And your car looks to be in real nice shape too. Nice score.
How much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking?

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

HybriDSMOct-24-03 07:06 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#12547, "RE: 60k maint parts."
In response to Reply # 2

replace everything. Imagine having to take the whole timing belt and accesories off again in 10k miles. That sucks. Do it all now and save yourself the hassle. Also the peace of mind is nice too.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Diceman19Oct-24-03 08:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#12548, "RE: 60k maint parts."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipzGST
damn, 53K. I got more than that on my 98. And your car looks to be in real nice shape too. Nice score. How much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking? -Tony 98'GST 92'TSI-AWD eclipzgst@charter.net http://eclipzgst.webhop.net http://www.newengdsm.org/ turboclipz on AIM "...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

i paid 3450 for it from NY. has some minor body damage and some emission stickers on the back.

i just feel that over 200 bucks worth of parts is a little high.

HybriDSMOct-24-03 01:35 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#12549, "RE: 60k maint parts."
In response to Reply # 4

youll have to do it eventually. Might as well make it easy on yourself in the meantime. You either pay all now or over a couple years, but the labor hours will increase exponentially.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Diceman19Oct-24-03 06:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#12550, "RE: 60k maint parts."
In response to Reply # 5

doin it myself. im not worried about the labor hours. my biggest worries are:
1. retightening that crank sprocket and making it not move. no power tools.
2. getting the timing exactly how it is now. i have heard horror stories.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12544 Previous topic | Next topic