Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12284
View in linear mode

Subject: "need some help with engine.." Previous topic | Next topic
2gsx95guyDec-20-03 09:42 AM
Member since Jul 16th 2003
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12284, "need some help with engine.."

i need some help with my motor. i think it's dying or something wrong. anyways when rev past the 3rpm my engine tends to stall. but if i idle it i could rev it past the 5rpm but then it kill itself. at first i though it was an dead turbo but know i'm clueless.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsDec-20-03 10:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12285, "RE: need some help with engine.."
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-20-03 10:03 AM by Jeff_99gs

Look for boost leaks in the intake/intercooler system. We need more information. What year? mods? etc.

I am assuming it is a 95 GSX. Just need more info

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2gsx95guyDec-20-03 11:01 AM
Member since Jul 16th 2003
18 posts,
#12286, "RE: need some help with engine.."
In response to Reply # 1

all i have is an injen intake with an k&n filter.

Mattcky2kDec-21-03 05:10 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#12287, "RE: need some help with engine.."
In response to Reply # 2

ok i'm assuming since you have got the injen intake you also have the intake pipe between MAS and turbo. and if you didn't get the pipe WITH the BOV return tube your gonna have to put your stock piping back in or get some kind of fuel management. but if you do have the tube you might want to check where the pipe meets the MAS,BOV, and turbo to make sure there tight. another thing it might be is if you don't have the holes that the charcoal, boost silenoid, and valve cover pressure hoses go into capped off.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12284 Previous topic | Next topic