Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12053
View in linear mode

Subject: "New cams going in... a few questions" Previous topic | Next topic
98TalonJan-08-04 06:56 PM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12053, "New cams going in... a few questions"

Okay guys, A good friend of mine works at Comp Cams in memphis, TN and he is making me some copies of HKS 264-272's for a GREAT deal. My question is, what else should I do when putting these new cams in? I am keeping the stock redline for now. Also, with my current big16G and future PTE .50 trim, should I just go with 272's all around? Is it even okay to put in new cams without a fuel tuning thing yet... I have fuel mods, but no AFC or anything beacause I'm getting the MAF translator soon.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HybriDSMJan-09-04 05:53 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12054, "RE: New cams going in... a few questions"
In response to Reply # 0

Get an SAFC. I am running (well ran til my engine blew) the MAFT setup and while it's tunable, it's not nearly as exact as an AFC. It only adjusts in 5% increments as opposed to the SAFC's 1% increments Using both in conjunction might be the best route to take. More tunable for sure with both.

As for the cams stuff, I don't know much about installing them yet, but on my setup, (AGP 60-1 BB Turbo) I'll be running 272/272. Vfaq.com doesn't have a cam installation guide?

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsJan-09-04 08:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#12055, "RE: New cams going in... a few questions"
In response to Reply # 1

You will most likely want upgraded springs and retainers at the same time as the cams. Crower makes a great upgrade and can be found at all the usual vendors.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12053 Previous topic | Next topic