Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11283
View in linear mode

Subject: "Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?" Previous topic | Next topic
Hult250RApr-06-04 04:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11283, "Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"

I just found a "small" 16G for cheap, low miles, great shape. ($310 shipped)
Will I notice a big difference between that and my 14B? Im planning on leaving the boost about the same, around 15 psi. Prolly gonna get the 190 fuel pump also.
Suggestions or comments guys??

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, EvMan2345, Apr-06-04 04:44 PM, #1
RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, Hult250R, Apr-06-04 05:16 PM, #2
      RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, Hult250R, Apr-08-04 05:04 PM, #3
           RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, Vandy420a, Apr-08-04 06:14 PM, #4
                RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-08-04 07:43 PM, #5
                     RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, Remy, Apr-09-04 12:53 AM, #6
                          RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, HybriDSM, Apr-09-04 03:19 AM, #7
                               RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, Hult250R, Apr-09-04 03:39 AM, #8
                                    RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, FlyinEsi, Apr-09-04 05:55 AM, #9
                                         RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-09-04 06:14 AM, #10
                                              RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, Vandy420a, Apr-09-04 06:40 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-09-04 09:24 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, SILVERNT, Apr-11-04 10:07 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, HybriDSM, Apr-12-04 03:56 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-12-04 06:51 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, HybriDSM, Apr-12-04 10:50 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, Remy, Apr-12-04 10:56 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-15-04 11:06 AM, #19
                                                                  RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?, SILVERNT, Apr-15-04 07:48 AM, #18

EvMan2345Apr-06-04 04:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11284, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 0

im assuming you mean just a normal 16G turbo... if so, i hear they are very under-rated! you will definitely feel a difference...

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Hult250RApr-06-04 05:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#11285, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-06-04 05:18 PM by Hult250R

Originally posted by EvMan2345
im assuming you mean just a normal 16G turbo... if so, i hear they are very under-rated! you will definitely feel a difference...

Right, not a "Big" or "EVO" just the normal 16G

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

Hult250RApr-08-04 05:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#11286, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 2

anyone else have a comment??

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

Vandy420aApr-08-04 06:14 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#11287, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 3

i'm torn on which 16g to get..i've heard stuff all over the place on all of these turbos, so now i'm just totally lost on it actually

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-08-04 07:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11288, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 4

do you realize the potential of a 14B? I would keep it till you max it out. BTW, a 14B is capable of 11's.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

RemyApr-09-04 12:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#11289, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by eclipzGST
do you realize the potential of a 14B? I would keep it till you max it out. BTW, a 14B is capable of 11's.

i agree . if I had a 14b and wanted to upgrade i would just skip the 16g all together and go for a 20g and up. 14b's can get you 11's.

www.dsmlife.com

HybriDSMApr-09-04 03:19 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#11290, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by eclipzGST do you realize the potential of a 14B? I would keep it till you max it out. BTW, a 14B is capable of 11's.
i agree . if I had a 14b and wanted to upgrade i would just skip the 16g all together and go for a 20g and up. 14b's can get you 11's. #333 www.dsmlife.com

I second that emotion. 14b stays util you want a serious upgrade, like an FP3065, or a 20g, or an AGP or PTE crazy huge turbo. 14b will be silly (silly=good) for you until big mods come.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Hult250RApr-09-04 03:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#11291, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 7

hmmm... What kind of serious mods with a 14B are we talking about?
This isnt exactly what i wanted to hear lol...
Will I notice a difference with it between the 14B and the 16G with my mods?

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

FlyinEsiApr-09-04 05:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11292, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 8

I don't know what a 14B or a 16G feel like, but I have a Big 16G and only running 16psi. I have some supporting mods, but my car hauls ass! I think even at only 16psi I have to be pushing the envelope of 300+hp. I gave a ride to another DSM owner who has the 14B and he said my car is WAY faster than his, even at only 16psi.

Look at my sig for my mods.

forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=13280&mesg_id=13280&page=
Current Status: Specifications Made

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-09-04 06:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11293, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I gave a ride to another DSM owner who has the 14B and he said my car is WAY faster than his, even at only 16psi.

people think that just cause the 14B came as stock equipment that it's no good. WRONG! That guy needs mods to support higher boost and his car will not only be faster but will spool quicker than yours.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

Vandy420aApr-09-04 06:40 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#11294, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 10

do you need a front mount to get the full potential of a 14b?

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-09-04 09:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11295, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 11
Apr-09-04 09:26 AM by eclipzGST

yes.

SILVERNTApr-11-04 10:07 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#11296, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 12

worlds fastest 14b powered 1g
11.?? second slip
presenting....the green machine

HybriDSMApr-12-04 03:56 AM
2407 posts,
#11297, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by SILVERNT
worlds fastest 14b powered 1g 11.?? second slip presenting....the green machine

Oh Leon, hoiw fast your car is, but why do you have that paint job?

I think he's at 11.8* now, but I could be wrong.

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-12-04 06:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11298, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 14

he doesn't always use the 14B. He normally uses a big BB SBR turbo. But since his car is set up for running really high boost, It flies when he throws the 14B on for whatever reason he needs it on.

HybriDSMApr-12-04 10:50 AM
2407 posts,
#11299, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 15

When I saw him two years ago at the SO, he was running a 60-1 and was trying to win the ultimate DSM award. He was trying to autocross with it, and after seeing how fruitless of an endeavor that is, he threw in the towel and went smaller. He is ridiculously intelligent with his car, and it makes sense he'd be the one running 11's on the 14b.

So fast.

RemyApr-12-04 10:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#11300, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 16

The car looks horrible More power to him

www.dsmlife.com

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-15-04 11:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11301, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by HybriDSM
When I saw him two years ago at the SO, he was running a 60-1 and was trying to win the ultimate DSM award. He was trying to autocross with it, and after seeing how fruitless of an endeavor that is, he threw in the towel and went smaller. He is ridiculously intelligent with his car, and it makes sense he'd be the one running 11's on the 14b. So fast.

I remember sitting up in the stands with Jeff, Jon and a few other people when we saw him run down the dragstrip and then, not even 5 min later he was going through the auto-X course.

SILVERNTApr-15-04 07:48 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#11302, "RE: Will I notice a big difference with a "small" 16G?"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Oh Leon, hoiw fast your car is, but why do you have that paint job? I think he's at 11.8* now, but I could be wrong.

forget the paintjob, that SPOILER!!!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11283 Previous topic | Next topic