Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10419
View in linear mode

Subject: "4g63gsx headbolts torqueing ?" Previous topic | Next topic
alphamythosJun-25-04 12:11 PM
Member since Mar 01st 2003
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10419, "4g63gsx headbolts torqueing ?"

yeah i recently replaced my bottom end when i torqued the head bolts down it was quite difficult because they would not all go down properly. i torqued to i believe 58lbs but i heard i needed to reloosen the bolts then retorque down to 14lbs ? this sounded fishy is this true and why . because im starting to show knock and i was wondering could this be causeing the problem. its a random knock every once in a while on my safc2. help i really and dead stuck on this problem i use to run at 18psi now i cant even go that high without show a level 100+ knock..

any help much needed

mmullins@secureserver.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsJun-26-04 03:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10420, "RE: 4g63gsx headbolts torqueing ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Did you reuse the same bolts you had in the engine originally?

Stock bolts stretch and once used can never be used again. Head to Summit Racing and order some ARP head studs.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10419 Previous topic | Next topic