Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9043
View in linear mode

Subject: "dsmchips.com stage 2" Previous topic | Next topic
sd240Feb-13-05 11:48 AM
Member since May 25th 2003
298 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9043, "dsmchips.com stage 2"

So I put in my stage 2 chip from dsmchips.com yesterday, and I just want to say that the studder box is something I sould have done when I first got my car. I didn't realize how much it helped until I got one. The other features that come with it are nice too but the studder box and fuel cut removal are by far the best. And since I'm finally posting on here again I might as well ask, would a bad turbo cause you to burn a LOT of oil? I know I'm burning it and I just rebuilt the engine about 5,000 miles ago, so surely it wouldn't be blow by again. Oh it's the stock 14b with 110,000 miles on it. Also does anybody know where I can find a good 23 spline awd tranny for cheap, or at least cheaper than most other places? It's for my 93 tsi awd. One last question too, can you just swap out the 22 sline output shaft out of like a 90 tranny and put in a 23 slpine from a 93, or does the earlier tranny have different gearing in the rear end or transfer case? Thanks

93 Tsi AWD-SAFC I, Apexi N1 turbo back, MBC, K&N w/ hacked can,
Walbro 255, Accel wires, 650cc injectors, stage 3 dsmchip

97 Neon ACR-Stock

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Vandy420aFeb-13-05 12:52 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9044, "RE: dsmchips.com stage 2"
In response to Reply # 0

on the oil thing: yes, but also check to see your send/return lines aren't leaking--they often do. Did you use new crush washers on everything?

ALso do a compression test (just to be safe) and make sure you have all the vac tubes connected---there's several in particular that if disconnected, will make you burn oil for some reason.

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sd240Feb-13-05 04:01 PM
Member since May 25th 2003
298 posts,
#9045, "RE: dsmchips.com stage 2"
In response to Reply # 1

i did a compression check yesterday and got 155 150 150 155. all vacume hoses are connected, and i don't think any of my lines are leaking, but i'll double check tomorrow. thanks for the input.

93 Tsi AWD-SAFC I, Apexi N1 turbo back, MBC, K&N w/ hacked can,
Walbro 255, Accel wires, 650cc injectors, stage 3 dsmchip

97 Neon ACR-Stock

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9043 Previous topic | Next topic