Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8970
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ok, new issues." Previous topic | Next topic
BlizareMar-05-05 02:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8970, "Ok, new issues."

Today we decided to fix the nasty valvecover leak. After about 2 cans of brake clean on the motor and tranny, we removed the valve cover and replaced the gasket.

We start the car up and it's running fine now idleing at a good 1K rpms. We go for a little drive and it's making this knocking noise

I pull over and check under the hood and its coming from the #1 cyl a area by the T-belt. It's Only present above 2500 rpms.

So anyways, we get back to the shop like 2 minutes later and i notice the oil pressure gauge is really low. at idle it's pretty much at low, and while drivin it barely moves.

What do we do now. If it's a rod bearing we wouldn't have to pull the motor right? I can't think of what else it would be other than a pully or something on the t-belt.

what do ya think

stupid oilpump.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Ok, new issues., Blizare, Mar-06-05 03:50 AM, #1
RE: Ok, new issues., Diceman19, Mar-06-05 04:29 AM, #2
      RE: Ok, new issues., Blizare, Mar-06-05 07:13 AM, #3
           RE: Ok, new issues., Diceman19, Mar-06-05 11:48 AM, #4
                RE: Ok, new issues., Blizare, Mar-06-05 01:24 PM, #5
                     RE: Ok, new issues., HybriDSM, Mar-06-05 02:44 PM, #6
                          RE: Ok, new issues., Blizare, Mar-06-05 04:30 PM, #7
                               RE: Ok, new issues., Malenko, Mar-06-05 07:41 PM, #8
                                    RE: Ok, new issues., Diceman19, Mar-07-05 02:34 AM, #9
                                         RE: Ok, new issues., Blizare, Mar-07-05 03:45 AM, #10

BlizareMar-06-05 03:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8971, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 0

okay, am i answering my own questions?

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Diceman19Mar-06-05 04:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#8972, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 1

it could just be the oil sender is faulty and not reading right(not that the stock guage is worth two poos, get an autometer). the noise could be a faulty tensioner pully or something. at idle it can hold but then at faster rpm it can spin on the bolt instead of the pulley spinning like it should therefor making the belt make a "fwap fwap fwap" noise as it tightens and loosens(the pulley bolt being off center and the entire assembly spinning around). if you are knocking way loud though, it might be the engine. it may just be a coincidence that it is making the sound near the timing belt area. when is the last time you messed with the timing stuff?

BlizareMar-06-05 07:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#8973, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 2

never meesed with timing stuff. It's my friends car. just took off the cover to make sure cam gears were lined up right and thats it.

I'm thinking it6's something on the tbelt but it really sounds like IN THE MOTOR. I was using a stheoscope and it is REALLY loud right behind #1 injector. ( and I know what the injector sounds liek, it's no that)

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Diceman19Mar-06-05 11:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#8974, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 3

sounds like you might be screwed. pull the head?

BlizareMar-06-05 01:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#8975, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 4

It's!!!! OKAY!!!

the mnotor went

ha.

Now directly following my first 420a rebuild, I get to do a 4G63.

yay.

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

HybriDSMMar-06-05 02:44 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#8976, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Blizare
It's!!!! OKAY!!! the mnotor went ha. Now directly following my first 420a rebuild, I get to do a 4G63. yay.

What happened? What was wrong?

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

BlizareMar-06-05 04:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#8977, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 6

No oil pressure. I'm guessing the oil pump was failing when he bought the car cause it was already making this weird knocking noise . Then 2 days later he notices that the oil pressure gauge is really low. Then it went Clunk!

lol

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

MalenkoMar-06-05 07:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#8978, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 7

least it didnt look like this when you got it.

Diceman19Mar-07-05 02:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#8979, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 8

btw, we want pics buddy. pics of the engine as you are taking it apart.

BlizareMar-07-05 03:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#8980, "RE: Ok, new issues."
In response to Reply # 9

haha. YAY.

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8970 Previous topic | Next topic