Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8571
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car still not running!!" Previous topic | Next topic
BasikstylzMay-14-05 11:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
129 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8571, "Car still not running!!"

Okay I have been working on this for months now.... and I still can't get my car running. So anyways, My car wont start, Im not getting any spark in cylinders 1 and 4. I have a 96 Tsi and I have tested both the ignitor and the coil pack on another car. I have tested the spark plug wires for 1 and 4 on cylinders 2 and 3 and they work. I tested an ecu out of my friends dsm car still didn't start. I have looked at wiring diagrams, but it shows that two wires from the three that come form the coil pack go to the ignitor, but when I pull the wire looms apart and follow the wires only one of them goes to the ignitor. The other one goes through the fire wall, I think. I can't follow it back that far. I really need help on this one. I want to get my baby on the road again. Please help.

Jeff

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SaberKhanMay-15-05 12:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8572, "RE: Car still not running!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Have you pulled any codes from the ECU? Also, have you checked the Cam/crank sensor?

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsMay-15-05 07:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#8573, "RE: Car still not running!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes check the crank sensor. Also do a crankwalk test. Have someone push in the clutch and see if the crank pulley moves away from the engine block at all.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8571 Previous topic | Next topic