Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7614
View in linear mode

Subject: "Q's!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
RST95eclipseFeb-22-06 07:01 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7614, "Q's!!!"

- I need a tensioner for my 6 bolt shortie to make it a long block. Will the tensioner from my 95 7 bolt work?

- I also need a new oil pan for the same 6 bolt. Will the 95 7 bolt work? It would be nice for others not to know I have a 6 bolt in.

- When I buy a 97 CAS, will it have everything needed to mount and run it (everything after the wiring harness to the sensor)?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Q's!!!, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-21-06 10:35 AM, #1
RE: Q's!!!, RST95eclipse, Feb-21-06 01:25 PM, #2
RE: Q's!!!, 420a-Tnthewerks, Feb-21-06 02:06 PM, #3
RE: Q's!!!, RST95eclipse, Feb-21-06 03:44 PM, #4
      RE: Q's!!!, burntheblobs, Mar-01-06 08:48 AM, #8
RE: Q's!!!, 97eclipse97, Feb-21-06 07:09 PM, #5
RE: Q's!!!, 97eclipse97, Feb-22-06 01:53 AM, #6
      RE: Q's!!!, RST95eclipse, Feb-23-06 04:00 AM, #7
           HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE, RST95eclipse, Mar-04-06 09:37 AM, #9
                RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE, DSMxTSi, Mar-04-06 10:44 AM, #10
                     RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE, RST95eclipse, Mar-04-06 02:02 PM, #11
                          RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics), RST95eclipse, Mar-05-06 04:31 PM, #12
                               RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics), DSMxTSi, Mar-06-06 08:36 AM, #13
                                    RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics), RST95eclipse, Mar-06-06 12:42 PM, #14
                                         RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics), DSMxTSi, Mar-07-06 01:20 AM, #15
                                              RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics), RST95eclipse, Mar-07-06 08:54 AM, #16
                                                   RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics), DSMxTSi, Mar-07-06 11:10 AM, #17

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-21-06 10:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7615, "RE: Q's!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by RST95eclipse
- I need a tensioner for my 6 bolt shortie to make it a long block. Will the tensioner from my 95 7 bolt work?

Buy a new one.

- I also need a new oil pan for the same 6 bolt. Will the 95 7 bolt work?

They are different designs, but I don't know if that means one will not work on the other. I would assume you need a 6 bolt pan. Vfaq it!

It would be nice for others not to know I have a 6 bolt in.

Huh?

- When I buy a 97 CAS, will it have everything needed to mount and run it (everything after the wiring harness to the sensor)?

I don't quite understand the "Q". Are you buying a new CAS or a used one? A CAS doesn't exactly have a ton of parts to it. Usually you can just plug it in and go. It depends on who you are buying it from.

I guess you are installing a 6 bolt into a 2G. Did your 7 bolt die or something?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RST95eclipseFeb-21-06 01:25 PM
403 posts,
#7616, "RE: Q's!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

No. Monster build.

420a-TnthewerksFeb-21-06 02:06 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#7617, "RE: Q's!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-21-06 02:07 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

It would be nice for others not to know I have a 6 bolt in.

Why? It's not like the 6-bolt makes you have any more power than the 7.

RST95eclipseFeb-21-06 03:44 PM
403 posts,
#7618, "RE: Q's!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Anyone that goes big has one in. I don't want to look like I've sunk lot into this build.

burntheblobsMar-01-06 08:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#7619, "RE: Q's!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Anyone that goes big has one in. I don't want to look like I've sunk lot into this build.

Anyone that knows how to tell the difference from the 6 bolt and 7 bolt oil pan just by looking at it, is going to know exactly what you have done just by looking at any upgrade you put on your car.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

97eclipse97Feb-21-06 07:09 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#7620, "RE: Q's!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

- I need a tensioner for my 6 bolt shortie to make it a long block. Will the tensioner from my 95 7 bolt work? - I also need a new oil pan for the same 6 bolt. Will the 95 7 bolt work? It would be nice for others not to know I have a 6 bolt in. - When I buy a 97 CAS, will it have everything needed to mount and run it (everything after the wiring harness to the sensor)?

You have to get the tensioner that matched the motor, so you will need a 6 bolt tensioner. I am also almost positive that you need a 6 bolt oil pan, but I guess what you can do is try your's first. FInally, here is all the info you should need about the CAS: http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1g2gheadswaptechtip.htm
(just scroll down to where it says 95-96 Eclipse)

I personally installed a 93 or 94 CAS. All I needed was the CAS and I bought the plug and play harness from Road Race seen here (about a 1/4 way down): http://www.roadraceengineering.com/newproducts.htm

Hope this helps.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

97eclipse97Feb-22-06 01:53 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#7621, "RE: Q's!!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Feb-22-06 07:00 PM by eclipzGST

Sorry, I forgot to also mention that I have DSMLink. With that, there is an option to invert the CAS. Using this, no plug wire swapping or splicing in to the ECU is necessary. Definitely makes things a lot easier!

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

RST95eclipseFeb-23-06 04:00 AM
403 posts,
#7622, "RE: Q's!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

I read through the entire owners manual for DSMLink about a week ago for the 5th time. I thought it just computed for a different signal. Looks like I need to go back to school and read a book or two.

RST95eclipseMar-04-06 09:37 AM
403 posts,
#7623, "HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE"
In response to Reply # 7

I've been monkeying around with the passenger side axle. This has me stumped.

2g GSX. The housing, same as that I removed on the drivers side, now has 4 bolts directly into the transmission. I have 3 of them broke loose. The bolt that's giving me trouble to get to is the bottom left if you're looking into the wheel housing. I bought some universal joints for my rachet set, and those won't allow me to get in there. There's subframing members that are DIRECTLY in the way to feed anything in there. Please someone give me some insight here. I'm a lost pup.

DSMxTSiMar-04-06 10:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7624, "RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE"
In response to Reply # 9

I've been monkeying around with the passenger side axle. This has me stumped. 2g GSX. The housing, same as that I removed on the drivers side, now has 4 bolts directly into the transmission. I have 3 of them broke loose. The bolt that's giving me trouble to get to is the bottom left if you're looking into the wheel housing. I bought some universal joints for my rachet set, and those won't allow me to get in there. There's subframing members that are DIRECTLY in the way to feed anything in there. Please someone give me some insight here. I'm a lost pup.

I'm not quite picturing what your trying to say. Can you take pics and upload them?

RST95eclipseMar-04-06 02:02 PM
403 posts,
#7625, "RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE"
In response to Reply # 10

I won't have my digie back until late tomorrow. I'll go more in depth.

The passenger side front axle is what I'm working on to get out. The problem I'm having is the black axle bearing housing that is bolted directly to where the axle feeds into the transmission. The bearing housing has 4 bolts. If you're looking from inside the wheel well, the bolt I'm talking about is the lower left bolt (7 o'clock position relative to the axle). There's a control arm that runs directly under where the axle joins into the wheel hub. If you follow that control arm to where it bolts to the frame, the frame bends up and over the top of the control arm (sort of like a shield). This is the bent piece of framing that blocks you from getting your socket in there with an extension.

RST95eclipseMar-05-06 04:31 PM
403 posts,
#7626, "RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics)"
In response to Reply # 11

Here are the pics. I think it'll be much easier to understand the situation now. The bolt has a 14mm socket on it right now that I got on, but can't get off (unless I use a pursuador on it).

DSMxTSiMar-06-06 08:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7627, "RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics)"
In response to Reply # 12

You've got a 2g, right? Unfortunately, I've never removed the cv shafts from a turbo 2g. 1g cars don't have those bolts you're having trouble with. Do you need to remove those? It looks like the shaft should slide through there.

RST95eclipseMar-06-06 12:42 PM
403 posts,
#7628, "RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics)"
In response to Reply # 13

The axle doesn't budge at all. My only option that I can think of is to get underneath and put a closed wrench on it..........

DSMxTSiMar-07-06 01:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7629, "RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics)"
In response to Reply # 14

Is that a 4g63? Some things in the pic look odd, plus that bolt you're trying to remove is unfamiliar to me as well.

RST95eclipseMar-07-06 08:54 AM
403 posts,
#7630, "RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics)"
In response to Reply # 15

Yeah it's a 4g63. It's an auto. I ended up getting the bolt out by using a closed end wrench with the assistance of another open/closed. Axle didn't want to come out, so I used a prybar to break that black housing away from the tranny. On the 3rd whack, my friend went tumbling into a wall 3 feet behind him. Axle out.

DSMxTSiMar-07-06 11:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7631, "RE: HELP WITH THE OTHER AXLE (Pics)"
In response to Reply # 16

Yeah it's a 4g63. It's an auto.

That's it! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been under an auto DSM.

On the 3rd whack, my friend went tumbling into a wall 3 feet behind him. Axle out.

I hope your friend is ok, but glad to hear you got it out.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7614 Previous topic | Next topic