Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7328
View in linear mode

Subject: "High oil pressure problem." Previous topic | Next topic
EclipsedOutJun-23-06 08:10 AM
Member since Mar 29th 2006
81 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7328, "High oil pressure problem."

A friend is having a problem with high oil pressure. He has a 93 AWD talon.
He said it seems to be building up pressure and shooting oil out the dipstick tube. He also said one time it shot out around the oil filter.
Anyone have any idea what the problem would be?
Thanks

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: High oil pressure problem., ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-23-06 08:41 AM, #1
RE: High oil pressure problem., EclipsedOut, Jun-23-06 08:49 AM, #2
      RE: High oil pressure problem., EclipsedOut, Jun-23-06 09:50 AM, #3
           RE: High oil pressure problem., DSMxTSi, Jun-23-06 11:18 PM, #4
                RE: High oil pressure problem., Teamner947, Jun-24-06 06:05 PM, #5
                     RE: High oil pressure problem., RST95eclipse, Jun-24-06 07:02 PM, #6
                          RE: High oil pressure problem., EclipsedOut, Jun-25-06 05:04 AM, #7
                               RE: High oil pressure problem., Teamdougie2, Jul-10-06 03:14 PM, #8
                                    RE: High oil pressure problem., EclipsedOut, Jul-11-06 10:19 AM, #9

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-23-06 08:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7329, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 0

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=16485&mesg_id=16485&page=

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipsedOutJun-23-06 08:49 AM
81 posts,
#7330, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the link.
What I got out of that thread was the rings are shot.
Is that what you think the problem is??

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

EclipsedOutJun-23-06 09:50 AM
81 posts,
#7331, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 2

The kid just called me. He said he did a comp. test and it was 150 across all four. He said someone he works with told him there might be a slight crack in one of the rings and at a higher RPM oil is blowing by. I looked around on vfaq but didn't see anything.

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

DSMxTSiJun-23-06 11:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7332, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 3

The compression rings can still be good and get great compression, but the oil rings can be bad. You would see tons of smoke out the tailpipe under boost.
How much boost is he pushing when this happens? The dipstick popping out is quite common after mods and higher boost levels and could still happen with a stock car. Most people will pinch the top of the tube to get the dipstick to stay in there or rig something to keep it put.
The piece on the oil filter housing where the filter threads onto could be loose and could cause oil to be forced out there under boost. Tightening it usually solves that problem.

Teamner947Jun-24-06 06:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#7333, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DSMxTSi
The dipstick popping out is quite common

Just because it is common does not mean it's ok.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

RST95eclipseJun-24-06 07:02 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#7334, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 5

I don't believe that he stated that it was Okay by any means. He stated the problem, said it occurs frequently, and offered suggestions on what people have done to fix that problem.

EclipsedOutJun-25-06 05:04 AM
81 posts,
#7335, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 6

His problem is, ALL his oil is shooting out the dipstick tube.
I told him to check his PCV, he put a new one in then he ran the car through the gears on a lift and all the oil shot out again once it started boosting.

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

Teamdougie2Jul-10-06 03:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#7336, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 7

Rings, valve seals, etc... you're getting pressure in the crankcase somehow. If you don't feel like tearing the engine down right now, then just tape the dipstick down. But still, it sounds like the motor is worn out and will need freshened up soon.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

EclipsedOutJul-11-06 10:19 AM
81 posts,
#7337, "RE: High oil pressure problem."
In response to Reply # 8

Thanks.
I think I fixed it. His balance shaft belt took a crap and bent valves so he bought a BJ's race head and had it put on where he works. They had everthing all screwed up.
There was alot of loose hoses and other stuff out of order under the hood. The 4 hoses on the throttle body were mixed up, I disconnected and pluged them, I crimped the dipstick tube, The flange on his BOV was loose, Plugged the MAS sensor back in, Plugged tha IAC back in, Adjusted the BISS, Adjusted the cam sensor, Adjusted his boost control(it was boosting at 30) Etc.etc. That was over a week ago and its been working good since.
He wants to trade me for my 95 GSX. I bought the car with the motor and tranny out of the car. The motor was rebuilt stock. I put the motor and trans. back in but its missing the rear mount bracket and when I put the axles in I saw the ball joint boots are torn and some other small stuff. I lost interest in it so I think I'm gonna trade him. I like the 2g's better but his is running and although the motor is stock except for the head, it has a greddy turbo timer, manual boost control, brand new greddy BOV he just put on, all metal piping, brand new racing clutch(I'm not sure if I like it, its hard as he11 to push in)and some other small stuff.

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7328 Previous topic | Next topic