Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6091
View in linear mode

Subject: "2nd gear grind" Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Dec-04-03 03:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6091, "2nd gear grind"

sometimes if i quick shift to 2nd gear, it grinds. i know it is directly related to how fast i shift, it is the only gear that does it. i know that it is a prevalent problem but cant find the relative info about it. does anyone have the links to my solutions? thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsDec-04-03 03:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6092, "RE: 2nd gear grind"
In response to Reply # 0

Synchro. They all get it eventually. Only fix is to replace the synchros. A popular upgrade is the double synchro which lasts much longer than the stock single.

www.shepracing.com

This is why my Talon is not on the road right now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-04-03 03:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6093, "RE: 2nd gear grind"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
This is why my Talon is not on the road right now.

As if you'd want to drive anyway...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Mattcky2kDec-04-03 04:59 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#6094, "RE: 2nd gear grind"
In response to Reply # 2

i sent my trans to john sheppard too and he does great work! got a Gvr4 1st gear and it feels awesome. he does the double sycnro stuff too.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Diceman19Dec-05-03 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#6095, "RE: 2nd gear grind"
In response to Reply # 3

could i perhaps rebuild it myself if so inclined? also, what if i dont fix it? any long term damage? i dont really want to rebuild the tranny....

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6091 Previous topic | Next topic