Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5717
View in linear mode

Subject: "What is the difference between trannies according to years?" Previous topic | Next topic
PowerEclipsesApr-27-05 10:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5717, "What is the difference between trannies according to years?"

I found a tranny for a 95 awd 25k miles for 450 bucks, now my car is a 99. I heard that the bolt pattern to the bellhousing is different. Can anyone else confirm this for me? What im saying is how can I get a 95 tranny to work in my car?

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

FlyinEsiApr-27-05 01:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5718, "RE: What is the difference between trannies according to years?"
In response to Reply # 0

Call Jon at TeamRIP or John at Shep Tranny.

They'll know.

I think there is a difference because TeamRIP asked me what the production date was on my 97. Told him I didn't know, and he said it wasn't that big of a deal, but still asked.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BigBaldApr-27-05 03:41 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#5719, "RE: What is the difference between trannies according to years?"
In response to Reply # 1

All 2g trannies are the same from my understanding. The internals are alittle different.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

EvMan2345Apr-27-05 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#5720, "RE: What is the difference between trannies according to years?"
In response to Reply # 2

possibly number of splines for transfer case? i know on my 1G, the 90 had different number of splines then the 91+

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

PowerEclipsesApr-27-05 05:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#5721, "RE: What is the difference between trannies according to years?"
In response to Reply # 3

Well I know that there is a difference... The guy who built the tranny before said there was. I know this also because he had to replace the bellhousing and to do so, he had to find a 98+ bellhousing.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5717 Previous topic | Next topic