Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4133
View in linear mode

Subject: "what do you guys think about this 1g purchase" Previous topic | Next topic
evan2Nov-24-03 05:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4133, "what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"

1991 Mitsubishi GSX 5sp. Red with black top and black/grey interior. Comes with 2 long blocks, 1 extra head, Greddy Boost Guage (black), Autometer dual gauge pod, 2 Sparco 3 point harnesses, HKS 272 exhaust and HKS 272 intake cams, extra set of wheels, plus a bunch of extra parts. Extra engine is complete with turbo, ecu, etc. Also will include 2 extra CV axles. I was going to build this car up to be ALMOST full drag hince the 272 cams and the extra parts. I simply don't have the time or money at this point. I'm willing to trade all of this for a dirtbike (100cc or bigger) and 4-wheeler combo, or 2 dirtbikes, or 1 REALLY nice fairly new dirtbike (125cc or bigger). I will consider all offers trade or cash so email me and I'll be hoenst with you

guy from a site friends and i run.. it doesnt run now though he has stock cams.. said he started the install but stopped.. so most likely id have to go from fl to tx to pick it up.. i would use cash cuz i have no dirt bikes.. depends on his price but whats the most you guys would pay
said he has a list of parts..
3 sets of cams, extra head, 2 long blocks, 2 cv axles, extra set of wheels, stock white spoiler
272 cams.. extra ecu

etc...
id strip it and build it up slowly..

i just hope it runs with cams..

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase, 98Talon, Nov-24-03 06:33 AM, #1
RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase, evan2, Nov-24-03 06:36 AM, #2
      RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase, Uberingram, Nov-24-03 05:32 PM, #3
           RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase, evan2, Nov-25-03 04:04 AM, #4
                RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase, 96rs-t, Nov-25-03 04:35 PM, #5
                     RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase, Jason_99ozGS, Nov-25-03 06:26 PM, #6
                          RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase, klipzracer, Nov-27-03 01:31 PM, #7
                               RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase, chrysler kid, Dec-02-03 02:48 PM, #8

98TalonNov-24-03 06:33 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4134, "RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"
In response to Reply # 0

I dunno man, I'm always very leary about purchasing a car that I can't hear run and drive it myself prior to buying it. As for the sum of all the parts, it sounds nice, but you'll still have a good bit more to go (valve springs for the cams (or shim the stock ones), bigger turbo (those 272's won't like a 14b very much I don't think), and so forth.) It's cool that you're open to the idea though, go ahead, come to the dark side, kiss those high 14 second time-slips goodbye!

1990 Eclipse GS-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

evan2Nov-24-03 06:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#4135, "RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"
In response to Reply # 1

the gsr will be more then fast enough after next weekend.. well after i go to st pete to get it tuned

well id run stock cams for the time being, cuz i dont have anything to tune the gsx with..

he wanted 4, i was like whoa if ima come all the way to tx to pick it up i was looking to spend like 2.. i dont need a lot of the extra parts.
i mean he could go and sell a 6bolt long block on his own, i bet it would sell.. he only has 1 extra motor when he said 2 he meant the one in the car too

extra wheels i dont need.. i realy dont need them cams either..i really just want a gsx that runs.. but i could prob find one local

cuz i dont know if i want to tow a car from tx to fl, gas would be killer

UberingramNov-24-03 05:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4136, "RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"
In response to Reply # 2

you are right sir, but with the extra parts 4 is kinda fair. Might just be one of those deals you have to let go.

evan2Nov-25-03 04:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#4137, "RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"
In response to Reply # 3

yea i know, Im just not looking to do a big project just yet.. i still got the gsr to do and i know something will break or ill need more or even want more stuff

but i do want a second car.. i might just look for a small civic hatch so i can strip and later swap.. but kids nowadays know that they are in high demand and try to charge an arm and a leg for them.. damn hondas..

he said the lowest he would go was 3.. which isnt bad, but still i gotta bring my ass all the way to the DFW area from florida..
and tow all that back i dont know

i could wait for something local... i did ask what he would ask for the gsx in running condition, just that..

96rs-tNov-25-03 04:35 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#4138, "RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-25-03 04:35 PM by 96rs-t

get it, i would. that'd be cool to have that awd power along with that gsr, howeve it would be better if the car was running!

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Jason_99ozGSNov-25-03 06:26 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1286 posts,
#4139, "RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 96rs-t
get it, i would. that'd be cool to have that awd power along with that gsr, howeve it would be better if the car was running!

Yep.. I'd get it if he comes down on the pric

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS -Sold, I miss it

klipzracerNov-27-03 01:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#4140, "RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"
In response to Reply # 6

^werd!

chrysler kidDec-02-03 02:48 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#4141, "RE: what do you guys think about this 1g purchase"
In response to Reply # 7

texas? ill take the 272 cams haha

11.65 @ 115

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4133 Previous topic | Next topic