Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4017
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..." Previous topic | Next topic
pfmicksDec-14-03 08:37 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4017, "Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..."

Sup guys, I just bought a 91' Plymouth Laser RS w/72k miles on it from a local auction for $430. When I bid on it, nothing seemed wrong except it needing a new paint job.

On the way home, the clutch shitted out on me.

Now I need a new clutch, maybe an OEM someone can spare me because I wanna spend the least amount of money on it until I can get it up and running. Also, I can't afford a act 2100 or 2600 as of now because of the holiday season and all.

Anybody know what all I need? And can someone in the ChicagoLand Area(NorthSubs) help me out on the install? I'm relatively new to this turbo stuff and I need my bros from 2gnt to help me out

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..., Diceman19, Dec-15-03 05:32 AM, #1
RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..., TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-15-03 05:55 AM, #2
      RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..., babybeclipse, Dec-15-03 09:36 AM, #3
           RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..., pfmicks, Dec-15-03 04:51 PM, #4
                RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..., SILVERNT, Dec-16-03 06:55 PM, #5
                     RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..., babybeclipse, Dec-17-03 03:25 AM, #6
                          RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..., pfmicks, Dec-19-03 08:00 AM, #7

Diceman19Dec-15-03 05:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4018, "RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..."
In response to Reply # 0

the clutch install should roughly be the same as any other car, to an extent. i would get brian and chris to help you. (silvernt and babybeclipse) they are both in chicago. good luck.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsDec-15-03 05:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4019, "RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..."
In response to Reply # 1

Get your parts from www.partznet.com. Go to the bottom where it says "Parts Catalog". I got an OEM clutch disc for $60 from there.

babybeclipseDec-15-03 09:36 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4020, "RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..."
In response to Reply # 2
Dec-15-03 09:37 AM by babybeclipse

auction eh? Which one did you go to? I can't find an AWD for shit!

I want my GSX (or neon);(

After this weekends snow I know just how badly I need a beater.

I'm up for an install and I'm sure Chris would too. Were exactly do you live? You can probably catch me most of the time on AIM: babybeclipse1

pfmicksDec-15-03 04:51 PM
1349 posts,
#4021, "RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by babybeclipse
auction eh? Which one did you go to? I can't find an AWD for shit! I want my GSX (or neon);( After this weekends snow I know just how badly I need a beater. I'm up for an install and I'm sure Chris would too. Were exactly do you live? You can probably catch me most of the time on AIM: babybeclipse1

It's a donation auction in Waukegan,IL 10 minutes away from me. They have auctions every saturday and wednesday. I see the occasional 1g eclipse and talons there as well as a bunch of neons.

I live in Zion, IL 60099 probably 1 1/2hrs from you guys I think, I tried to go to the meet but couldn't.

I'm in the process of buying either an OEM or a ACT2100 clutch. I would drive the car to you guys but for obvious reasons I can't.

Maybe you guys can come over on a wed or sun and maybe check out the auction too as well as the clutch install:) Of course I'll make you guys feel at home and feed yo as well as pay you guys for your trouble.

Well I guess talk to Chris and see if you guys could help me out. I would GREATLY appreciate it!!

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

SILVERNTDec-16-03 06:55 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#4022, "RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..."
In response to Reply # 4

i guess lets set a date, brian, how bout the sat after the concert, ill stay at ur place, and well go over the next day, i know my way around waukegan

babybeclipseDec-17-03 03:25 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4023, "RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..."
In response to Reply # 5

sounds good to me. Time to study that Chilton to find out how to seperate this "transfer case" thing

pfmicksDec-19-03 08:00 AM
1349 posts,
#4024, "RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help..."
In response to Reply # 6
Dec-19-03 08:00 AM by pfmicks

I'll talk to you guys on AI

My AIM-pfmicks

Maybe we can do this after the holiday/christmas/new years holidays, since it'll be busy and all:shrug

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4017 Previous topic | Next topic