Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1934
View in linear mode

Subject: "Moment of peace please..." Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiJun-21-05 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1934, "Moment of peace please..."

I was watching the news...an early 90's GSX was hit by a train in Phoenix today. (Probably some dipshit driving)

Please take a moment to pray for the afterlife of the GSX.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Moment of peace please..., TeamDR1665, Jun-21-05 09:49 AM, #1
RE: Moment of peace please..., FlyinEsi, Jun-21-05 09:52 AM, #2
      RE: Moment of peace please..., BigBald, Jun-21-05 10:42 AM, #3
           RE: Moment of peace please..., FlyinEsi, Jun-21-05 11:04 AM, #4
                RE: Moment of peace please..., BigBald, Jun-21-05 11:26 AM, #5
                     RE: Moment of peace please..., FlyinEsi, Jun-21-05 11:35 AM, #6
                          RE: Moment of peace please..., TeamJeff_99gs, Jun-21-05 12:03 PM, #7
                          RE: Moment of peace please..., FlyinEsi, Jun-21-05 12:30 PM, #8
                          RE: Moment of peace please..., BigBald, Jun-21-05 04:34 PM, #9

TeamDR1665Jun-21-05 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1935, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I was watching the news...an early 90's GSX was hit by a train in Phoenix today. (Probably some dipshit driving) Please take a moment to pray for the afterlife of the GSX.

Meanwhile, your GSX sits mid-lobotomy in an oven of a Chandler garage... it's thirst for premium unleaded being indefinitely denied. Next of kin has been notified.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiJun-21-05 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1936, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by FlyinEsi I was watching the news...an early 90's GSX was hit by a train in Phoenix today. (Probably some dipshit driving) Please take a moment to pray for the afterlife of the GSX.
Meanwhile, your GSX sits mid-lobotomy in an oven of a Chandler garage... it's thirst for premium unleaded being indefinitely denied. Next of kin has been notified.

Trust me, it's desire to devour unleaded gasoline is just as strong as my desire to ride the untamed beast. No offense to Dave, he kicks ass for letting me borrow the van, but it just isn't the same. I want to feel the rush of boost hitting the motor, I want to smell unburnt gasoline from the lack of a cat, and I want to feel the wind in my face while driving 120.

I miss my car.

BigBaldJun-21-05 10:42 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#1937, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 2

put some lead in that bitch......VP c16 for life.......there is nothing like making a snowstorm inside your muffler.....

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiJun-21-05 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1938, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-21-05 11:04 AM by FlyinEsi

eh...I did find a place that sells 100 octane at the pump. I'll give that a whirl on dyno and track days.

By the way, I am going to get dyno'd and professionally tuned when I get all of this done.

BigBaldJun-21-05 11:26 AM
2715 posts,
#1939, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 4

fuck pump gas.....c16 is the only way to go........

FlyinEsiJun-21-05 11:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1940, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, and you notice how long your stock block lasted on that shit...I'll stick with 100 unleaded until I get a built block too.

TeamJeff_99gsJun-21-05 12:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1941, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah, and you notice how long your stock block lasted on that shit...I'll stick with 100 unleaded until I get a built block too.

C16 is perfectly safe when properly tuned.

But I respect pump gas runs much more than race gas. Seeing a DSM run 11's on pump is much more impressive than seeing one run the same on race.

FlyinEsiJun-21-05 12:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1942, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 7
Jun-21-05 12:30 PM by FlyinEsi

Eh, I don't plan on shooting for 11's anymore now. My daily driver has to become more reliable than a hassle. I'm leaving her around 15-18 psi from now on with pretty tame tuning.

As soon as she is paid off (3 years) I will buy something else and deck this car to the nuts. Just too expensive to play with the big boys when I don't have something else I can drive.

BigBaldJun-21-05 04:34 PM
2715 posts,
#1943, "RE: Moment of peace please..."
In response to Reply # 6

Gas had nothing to do with my stock bottom end going......I would blame the turbo and my boosting 22psi on it.....25psi + c16 + 16g = pure sex for a tune. There is no way you can go wrong unless you can't tune.

Around here c16 is $9 a gallon, in NY I can find it for $8 per gallon.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1934 Previous topic | Next topic