Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1335
View in linear mode

Subject: "thinking about GST to GSX transfer" Previous topic | Next topic
Vandy420aSep-28-05 04:51 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1335, "thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
Sep-28-05 04:54 AM by Vandy420a

I'm seriously considering swapping all my crap from my black GST to a maroon GSX a friend of mine is selling. His is a 99, mine's a 98. He has a thermal exhaust and some guages I dont particularly like too much, but can live with (or change to mine, for about $50 for a new guage pod).

will all these swap from my GST?

Injectors
Walbro 255
Exhaust manifold
K&N FIPK
Greddy FMIC
Fuel pressure regulator lines (locations are all the same, right?)

stuff i'll have to buy again:
downpipe
guage pillar
ACT 2400 (that one's gonna hurt a bit!)
anything else i'm missing?

I'm positive the rest of the stuff I have will swap, i just have questions about these coupla things, esp. the intercooler. I'm also wondering if it'd be worth it...it'd be a shit load of work to move EVERYTHING---would probably take about a month at least, esp with the turbo and fuel system, and I am trying to save money. Paying 2 insurances will be a bitch, and I do have the GST paid off. On the other hand i've always wanted AWD, so....opinions? suggestions?

thanks guys

edit: HA! you thought this was about making a GST AWD, didn't you!?!?

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, 97eclipse97, Sep-28-05 08:11 AM, #1
RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, Vandy420a, Sep-28-05 10:32 AM, #2
      RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, Remy, Sep-28-05 12:49 PM, #3
           RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, 97eclipse97, Sep-28-05 03:05 PM, #6
                RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, Remy, Oct-01-05 04:59 AM, #8
RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, destruckeclipse, Sep-28-05 12:54 PM, #4
RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, Vandy420a, Sep-28-05 02:15 PM, #5
      RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, destruckeclipse, Sep-28-05 08:21 PM, #7
      RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, Remy, Oct-01-05 05:04 AM, #9
           RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, FlyinEsi, Oct-01-05 08:05 AM, #10
                RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, Vandy420a, Oct-01-05 08:12 AM, #11
                     RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, FlyinEsi, Oct-01-05 08:36 AM, #12
                          RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, Vandy420a, Oct-01-05 10:25 AM, #13
                               RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, FlyinEsi, Oct-01-05 11:22 AM, #14
                                    RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer, Vandy420a, Oct-01-05 04:49 PM, #15

97eclipse97Sep-28-05 08:11 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1336, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 0

These will all swap right in, as they are all the same:

Injectors
Walbro 255
Exhaust manifold
K&N FIPK
Greddy FMIC

The fuel pressure regulator lines I am not positive about, but I would have to think they are the same.

If I were you, I would get a stock downpipe to throw on and take yours off...and the same thing with the clutch. Just make sure you can definitly afford doing this before you commit. It is no fun having a fast car you can't drive cause you can't pay your insurance or gas...

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Vandy420aSep-28-05 10:32 AM
2037 posts,
#1337, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 1
Sep-28-05 10:33 AM by Vandy420a

gas isn't an issue, insurance isn't either, its just having to double my payment for a month or more will suck. I don't think my FWD downpipe will fit an AWD--otherwise if it did, i'd be totally set. Will my GST catback fit?

the only other issue is that to pay for this car i'd have to sell mine, which could end up being tricky, as I want the mods from mine. Maybe tkae out a loan, and pay it back in full when I sell the other car?

RemySep-28-05 12:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#1338, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 2

Everything will swap over. You need a new DP and you need a new exhaust. In the location where the exhaust runs on your gst is a driveshaft on a gsx

Good luck.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

97eclipse97Sep-28-05 03:05 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#1339, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Remy
Everything will swap over. You need a new DP and you need a new exhaust. In the location where the exhaust runs on your gst is a driveshaft on a gsx Good luck. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

Sorry, I didn't finish what I was saying...that you should take off your mods and sell them and get some money back. The clutch is also specific to the AWD, but not the flywheel if you already have one.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

RemyOct-01-05 04:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#1340, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 6
Oct-01-05 05:00 AM by Remy

Originally posted by 97eclipse97
Originally posted by Remy Everything will swap over. You need a new DP and you need a new exhaust. In the location where the exhaust runs on your gst is a driveshaft on a gsx Good luck. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
Sorry, I didn't finish what I was saying...that you should take off your mods and sell them and get some money back. The clutch is also specific to the AWD, but not the flywheel if you already have one.

You can use a awd clutch. 90-99 AWD and FWD is the same disk and pressure plate .

EDit: I have never heard of a act 2400

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

destruckeclipseSep-28-05 12:54 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#1341, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Vandy420a
ACT 2400 (that one's gonna hurt a bit!)

I have never driven a stick before my GSX and it came with a ACT 2600, and I have never had a problem, wasn't even very hard. But thats just me I guess.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

Vandy420aSep-28-05 02:15 PM
2037 posts,
#1342, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by destruckeclipse
Originally posted by Vandy420a ACT 2400 (that one's gonna hurt a bit!)
I have never driven a stick before my GSX and it came with a ACT 2600, and I have never had a problem, wasn't even very hard. But thats just me I guess.

no no i've had 2 ACT clutches on my GST--its got one in there right now. i'm just not really keen on installing a clutch--esp. with the time frame i'm looking at---so i'll probably keep stock for a *little* while until I can have it in the shop for a day. I HATE having to do that, but i'm just not comfortable installing a clutch

destruckeclipseSep-28-05 08:21 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#1343, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 5

no no i've had 2 ACT clutches on my GST--its got one in there right now. i'm just not really keen on installing a clutch--esp. with the time frame i'm looking at---so i'll probably keep stock for a *little* while until I can have it in the shop for a day. I HATE having to do that, but i'm just not comfortable installing a clutch

Oh my bad. Yeah installing it would be a bitch... Thats the kind of job I don't mind paying to get done.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

RemyOct-01-05 05:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#1344, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 5

Tranny is only held in by a few bolts. Its really alot easier then people think. Especially on our cars. Try it. Save paying someone $300. If you was closer i'd do the job for you for $200

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

FlyinEsiOct-01-05 08:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1345, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 9

Do it Vandy, get the GSX. If you need a GSX downpipe, I have a Megan Racing full 3" downpipe w/ no cat. Should bolt up to any exhaust system. $100 plus shipping.

Vandy420aOct-01-05 08:12 AM
2037 posts,
#1346, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 10

alright alright i'm going to call the guy today and see what he's asking for it...

next thing will be to figure out how to finance it until i can get my GST sold... any ideas?

FlyinEsiOct-01-05 08:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1347, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 11

alright alright i'm going to call the guy today and see what he's asking for it... next thing will be to figure out how to finance it until i can get my GST sold... any ideas?

Parents co-sign on a second loan for you. Or just take out another loan. You have colatteral against both loans.

Vandy420aOct-01-05 10:25 AM
2037 posts,
#1348, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 12

i know this is totally JV, but i've never gotten an auto loan from a bank before. i usually just paid most in cash up front, (only ever bought used) and borrowed the rest from my parents, then paid them back asap. I think i may be able to cash a mutual fund and pay for the car outright, then sell my car and put the money right back in.

If not, how should I go about applying for the loan if its a private party sale? I'm really unfamiliar with this process, any helpful links would be HUGE! (if not, i'll just call my bank when they open up on monday)

thanks for the help guys!!
matt

FlyinEsiOct-01-05 11:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1349, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 13

That's exactly it my man, just go into your bank and ask to talk to a loan officer or a personal banker. Take in the information about the vehicle, VIN, year, model, etc. and they will figure out how much they are willing to loan you and for what interest rate.

If you are going to take out a loan, don't do it for just a month or two, because they are going to charge you a fee for initiating the loan, could be like $250+. If you won't get penalized that much from your mutual fund, i would cash it out, buy the car, sell yours, and put the money back into your fund. Much less hastle and probably cheaper for you in the long run to do it that way.

Vandy420aOct-01-05 04:49 PM
2037 posts,
#1350, "RE: thinking about GST to GSX transfer"
In response to Reply # 14

yeah---i need to ask a finance guy if I'm gonna get hit with cap gains from that though...i think I already pay them yearly on that fund, but if I don't it could be a serious hit....might be cheaper for the loan.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1335 Previous topic | Next topic