Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12453
View in linear mode

Subject: "Idle Problems" Previous topic | Next topic
ShadowFurNov-13-03 07:32 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2003
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12453, "Idle Problems"

My 91 Eagle Talon 2.0 NT is having problems idleing.. its an auto and it doesn't sound right and idles around 500-550 rpms... it didn't start this till i just filled it up with gas and added 1qt of 5w30 oil into it because it was 1qt low... i am overdue for an oilchange for about 500 miles and i'm taking it in today... what could it be? I'm not to great with cars but know some.. the sparkplugs and wires were just replaced and same with the fuel filter... could it be the injectors or fuel pump? cause sometimes when i press the pedle down for more gas to accelerate it won't go any faster so i keep pushing the pedle more until it downshifts... it was doing great on the last 2 tanks of gas tho getting 33.5mpg on the way back on a trip and on the way there i got 38.7mpg its an automatic i only get the higher mpg if i leave it on powermode on the freeway if i leave it on economy i get areoun 25-27mpg... the gas i just put in it was midgrade at a Phillips 66 just a different location of Phillips 66 that i normally go to.... my car seams to work best on that type of gas so mabe i just have a bad tank of gas?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Diceman19Nov-13-03 07:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12454, "RE: Idle Problems"
In response to Reply # 0

you could have a bad tank of gas. just keep topping it off and see if it gets any better, you may also have to adjust your BISS screw. it sets your base idle speed. that should only need minor adjustments if i am not mistaken. i would go with bad tank of gas first though. i dont think your adding a qt of oil has anything to do with the problems you are describing. good luck!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ShadowFurNov-14-03 02:43 PM
Member since Jun 30th 2003
33 posts,
#12455, "RE: Idle Problems"
In response to Reply # 1

Its not the gas... when i start it it only goes to 900 rpm drops below 450 rpm almost stalls, sometimes it does then goes upto 650 the falls back to 450 almosts stalls again then upto 550 and kindof stays there a few days ago it normally went between 1.5-2k rpms when i started it and dropped to around 650-700 i think. could it be a leaking hose?

Diceman19Nov-14-03 04:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#12456, "RE: Idle Problems"
In response to Reply # 2

maybe, i dont know if none of my suggestions worked. sorry about the amount of replies you have, the 4g63 section is weak sometimes. have you tried teamnabr or a 4g forum? you may get a better response there. i know i joined teamnabr, they are strict there though.

slodsmNov-15-03 03:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
293 posts,
#12457, "RE: Idle Problems"
In response to Reply # 3

ISC motor? for 1g and turbo advice, the best place to go is DSMtuners.com. also, have you removed a battery cable lately? When the ECU is reset, it has to relearn its idle and it takes a little while, very painful process.

Gone but not forgotten.....
1998 Eagle Talon ESI, built and boosted 14.2@98
1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD12.91@104
1992 Honda Hatch swapped and sprayed14.0@108

icedoutNov-16-03 06:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#12458, "RE: Idle Problems"
In response to Reply # 4

your idle control could be going out.... it happens alot on the 1gens....

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12453 Previous topic | Next topic