Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12438
View in linear mode

Subject: "radiator" Previous topic | Next topic
RemyOct-27-03 10:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12438, "radiator"

The upper part of my radiator melted and broke off. Its the part that connects the radiator to the upper radiator hose. Now my upper hose can only stay on for a few min before falling off.

My question is , Do I need to raplace the entire radiator or can I just get a new upper section of the radiator ?

This is very bad being I am trying to make it to the track on Sunday

Hello Mr. 12's . How are you today ?

Member # 333

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsOct-28-03 07:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12439, "RE: radiator"
In response to Reply # 0

You need to get a new one. They are really cheap used, or you can spend the $350 for a Fluidyne.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

paulblackgsxNov-05-03 11:02 AM
Member since Oct 24th 2003
25 posts,
#12440, "RE: radiator"
In response to Reply # 1

You will need to replace it. If you look around, there is likely a radiator/cooling speciality shop in your city (or nearby) that has inexpensive stock style replacement radiators.

Or fluidyne is always an option.

Paul
GA DSM Prez
http://www.gadsm.org
http://www.importshowdown.com

EclipseRS-TNov-21-03 07:58 AM
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
432 posts,
#12441, "RE: radiator"
In response to Reply # 2

i got my replacement radiator for 125bucks brand new!! 350?!?! sheesh...it took me 2 hours to install with no instructions hehe..if you have an auto, make sure you watch out for the tranny cooler lines and dont mix them up!

SoCal Meet Sept 04'

icedoutNov-21-03 01:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#12442, "RE: radiator"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by EclipseRS-T
i got my replacement radiator for 125bucks brand new!! 350?!?! sheesh...it took me 2 hours to install with no instructions hehe..if you have an auto, make sure you watch out for the tranny cooler lines and dont mix them up!

there is a big differece between the BS stock one you put in and the Alum. fluidyne that jeff is talking about, i myself had done the fluidyne and was very happy that i did...

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12438 Previous topic | Next topic