Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12393
View in linear mode

Subject: "RSR exhaust systems?" Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kNov-29-03 03:36 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12393, "RSR exhaust systems?"

i've been reading about these lately and found them for sale from prostreet and was wondering if any of you guys have heard anything about them? i'm really looking into getting one becuase it claims to be very quiet and stock looking. thanks for any help

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: RSR exhaust systems?, PowerEclipses, Nov-29-03 05:23 PM, #1
RE: RSR exhaust systems?, jsupetran, Nov-29-03 06:47 PM, #2
RE: RSR exhaust systems?, Mattcky2k, Nov-30-03 11:51 AM, #3
      RE: RSR exhaust systems?, PowerEclipses, Dec-01-03 04:18 PM, #4
RE: RSR exhaust systems?, steve0677, Dec-02-03 01:47 AM, #5
      RE: RSR exhaust systems?, Mattcky2k, Dec-02-03 02:17 AM, #6
           RE: RSR exhaust systems?, PowerEclipses, Dec-02-03 09:13 AM, #7
                RE: RSR exhaust systems?, jsupetran, Dec-02-03 11:02 AM, #8
                     RE: RSR exhaust systems?, Mattcky2k, Dec-02-03 12:22 PM, #9
                          RE: RSR exhaust systems?, jsupetran, Dec-02-03 01:14 PM, #10
                               RE: RSR exhaust systems?, Mattcky2k, Dec-02-03 04:41 PM, #11
                                    RE: RSR exhaust systems?, PowerEclipses, Dec-02-03 05:52 PM, #12
                                         RE: RSR exhaust systems?, Mattcky2k, Dec-02-03 05:58 PM, #13

PowerEclipsesNov-29-03 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12394, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 0

RSR exhaust system is the BEST EVER sounding system iv ever heard.. um, there is some problems with it though. the hanger will be on the other side and it will hang a little wierd. with an Apexi downpipe, it flows mea

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsupetranNov-29-03 06:47 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#12395, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 1

can you tell more about the rsr? is it quiet or loud?

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Mattcky2kNov-30-03 11:51 AM
1135 posts,
#12396, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 2

the guys from prostreet online say that it is the quietest exhuast system around but the only thing i'm skeptical about is that the piping is not 3inches on the exmag which is the one i was looking into getting because of the stock look. so about how much power would i get from a 3" catback compared to 2.5" which is what i thing the exmag is. and if you have a 2.5" catback can you still have a 3" downpipe?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

PowerEclipsesDec-01-03 04:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#12397, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 3

Its a true 3 inch exhaust and its HUGE its really nice. Quiet? I wouldnt say that Quiet isnt the word for it. Inside the car it sounds REALLY nice. when you step on it, it can get loud but its a really nice note.really deep and throaty

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

steve0677Dec-02-03 01:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1464 posts,
#12398, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 1
Dec-02-03 01:47 AM by steve0677

Originally posted by PowerEclipses
RSR exhaust system is the BEST EVER sounding system iv ever heard.. um, there is some problems with it though. the hanger will be on the other side and it will hang a little wierd. with an Apexi downpipe, it flows mea

georges car is the best sounding eclipse ive ever heard(its fucking fast too), buy it u will not be disapointed

03 rally red evo viii - stock
cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/id/steve0677

Mattcky2kDec-02-03 02:17 AM
1135 posts,
#12399, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 5

which RSR do you have the Exmag or the Exmag GT2? i don't believe they make the GT2 for a GSX but not sure, just haven't seen one on the net. so it is a full 3 inch exhaust? and which apexi downpipe does it hook up to? i know there are a couple different ones just wanted to make sure i get the right one when i get it.

PowerEclipsesDec-02-03 09:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#12400, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 6

They only make one kind of exhaust...RSR, as for the downpipe make sure you get the catback first or put them on at the same time. SAVE SO MUCH TROUBLE. The downpipe is the apexi stainless one. I know they also have that other kind but I'd much rather have stainless= no rust. The RSR exhaust will also have an adapter to go from your stock downpipe to the cat, because it is a TRUE 3 inch exhaust be aware of that.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

jsupetranDec-02-03 11:02 AM
4359 posts,
#12401, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 7
Dec-02-03 11:11 AM by jsupetran

is this what you guys are talking about???

http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/pages/productdetail.asp?productname=RSR+ExMag+Catbacks

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Mattcky2kDec-02-03 12:22 PM
1135 posts,
#12402, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 8

yes that is the exhuast i'm talking about. so you are positive that it is a true 3" exhaust? becuase the guys at prostreet told me it was like 2.5 or something. and i forget exactly how to calculate millimeters into inches but on the RSR site it has it listed as being 60mm and i thought that was around 2.5?

jsupetranDec-02-03 01:14 PM
4359 posts,
#12403, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 9
Dec-02-03 01:17 PM by jsupetran

go to rsr.com and it says for the gst is is 70mm= 2.75in, the gsx is 80mm, 3

here's the link: http://www.rs-r.com/exmag.htm

they have some nice pics of it too! i think i might get this. if any of you guys do, then post some pics of it on an eclipse.

-------jezreel

Mattcky2kDec-02-03 04:41 PM
1135 posts,
#12404, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 10

oops my bad on the 60mm comment. but i did find out from mike at road race that the piping is 3 but the muffler goes down to like 2.5 or something like that. so would there be much differnce in have a 3 or 4 inch muffler compared to the 2.5 besides noise?

PowerEclipsesDec-02-03 05:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#12405, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 11

It doesnt go down to 3 inch. I actually know a guy from RSR I will ask him to post on here. He is a customer service agent and hes a pretty cool guy... not in the gay way. haha.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Mattcky2kDec-02-03 05:58 PM
1135 posts,
#12406, "RE: RSR exhaust systems?"
In response to Reply # 12

please do have him post here! i'm getting all these different answers from different people and places and it's driving me crazy. thanks man

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12393 Previous topic | Next topic