Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12000
View in linear mode

Subject: "HELP with s-afc II install!" Previous topic | Next topic
weepulDec-26-03 01:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
210 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12000, "HELP with s-afc II install!"

Had my and my friend try it tonight. Problem is there are so many links out there that seem to say different things about how to wire them. Now the car will start and run extremely rich (bogs when i give it gas), but the afc won't even come on. Anyone have a decent wiring diagram for me to use? I'm taping the ecu hookup by the pedals.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, Diceman19, Dec-26-03 04:06 PM, #1
RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, TeamAvenger, Dec-26-03 04:28 PM, #2
RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, weepul, Dec-26-03 05:05 PM, #3
      RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, TeamAvenger, Dec-26-03 05:11 PM, #4
           RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-26-03 07:21 PM, #5
                RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, weepul, Dec-26-03 08:00 PM, #6
                     RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-26-03 09:49 PM, #7
                          RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, weepul, Dec-26-03 10:10 PM, #8
                               RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, weepul, Dec-27-03 03:04 AM, #9
                                    RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-27-03 04:24 AM, #10
                                         RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, weepul, Dec-27-03 01:10 PM, #11
RE: HELP with s-afc II install!, weepul, Dec-27-03 04:31 PM, #12

Diceman19Dec-26-03 04:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12001, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by weepul
Had my and my friend try it tonight. Problem is there are so many links out there that seem to say different things about how to wire them. Now the car will start and run extremely rich (bogs when i give it gas), but the afc won't even come on. Anyone have a decent wiring diagram for me to use? I'm taping the ecu hookup by the pedals.

posting it five times wont get you anywhere on this board.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamAvengerDec-26-03 04:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#12002, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 0

First ... THIS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ADVANCED TUNING!!!!

Uhh ... ECU hookups by the pedals? WTF are you talking about. Is this in a 2gNT? ECU is in the engine bay. If you're tapping wires in the cabin your tapping the WRONG wires ... probably why you're AFC doesn't even come on. Go grab a Chiltons and match up the wire colors that you need for the AFC to the ones listed coming out of the ECU in the chiltons.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

weepulDec-26-03 05:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
210 posts,
#12003, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 2

First of all...sorry to the mod for the multiple posts. The page froze and I clicked the Post Message button several times, but I didn't think it'd post 4 times. My appologies.

About the ECU wiring harness in the cab...I was trying to follow the instructions on the link below. We followed everything and the car would start but die immediately afterwards. We then switched the main power and ground (I think there's 2 red and black wires at each side of the plug) and got it at least running, but hog rich! Help!

http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/pages/howto/showarticle.asp?articleid=25

btw, 4g63

TeamAvengerDec-26-03 05:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#12004, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm moving this to the 4g63 section. You'll get better responses there.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-26-03 07:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12005, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 4

OK. You REALLY need to find better instructions that that.
And I hope for your sake, by having the power and ground backwards, you didn't fry your S-AFC.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

weepulDec-26-03 08:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
210 posts,
#12006, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by eclipzGST
OK. You REALLY need to find better instructions that that. And I hope for your sake, by having the power and ground backwards, you didn't fry your S-AFC.

So, got any suggestions as to a site? btw the afc is ok

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-26-03 09:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12007, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 6

http://rdmelton.autoeducation.com/cars/stealth/afc.html
And you can find a diagram of the ECU pinouts on VFAQ.
Hope this site helps.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

weepulDec-26-03 10:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
210 posts,
#12008, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 7

Looks like a lot better information! Thanks for the help....just 1 Q though.

It says for orange wire, "air flow signal input(to AFC)" and for pink wire, "air flow signal output(from AFC, to ECU)". Does this mean that if I have an existing A/F guage installed, I need to splice the input/output from that instead of the ECU harness?

weepulDec-27-03 03:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
210 posts,
#12009, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 8
Dec-27-03 03:32 AM by weepul

Looks like a lot better information! Thanks for the help....just 1 Q though. It says for orange wire, "air flow signal input(to AFC)" and for pink wire, "air flow signal output(from AFC, to ECU)". Does this mean that if I have an existing A/F guage installed, I need to splice the input/output from that instead of the ECU harness?

I'm retarded, sorry. I read that when I was stoned last night and thought I actually had a decent reply =P

Here's an actual question though, but I could still be retarded, so help me out =P Like when it's referring to the 2 ground signals, and it has one closer to the ECU than the other....where's closer to the ECU? Would it be closer to that harness by the pedals, or further down the wire cluster? My guess is that 'closer to the ECU' is further down the wire cluster and away from the harness, because aren't those wires feeding from the ECU in the engine bay and through the firewall to the harness?

TeamJeff_99gsDec-27-03 04:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#12010, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 9

What harness by the pedals are you talking about? Is this a 1g or a 2g? You need to be a LOT more specific.

When it says closer to the ECU, that means you need to actually physically tap the wire closer to the ECU than the other one. That means tap the same wire, but about an inch closer to the ECU. Make sense?

weepulDec-27-03 01:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
210 posts,
#12011, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
What harness by the pedals are you talking about? Is this a 1g or a 2g? You need to be a LOT more specific. When it says closer to the ECU, that means you need to actually physically tap the wire closer to the ECU than the other one. That means tap the same wire, but about an inch closer to the ECU. Make sense?

http://rdmelton.autoeducation.com/cars/stealth/afc.html

Go there and look at the pics, it will explain the harness by the pedals. It's a 2g 4g63. I was just curious if the harness was closer to the ECU, or the wires leading out from the harness.

weepulDec-27-03 04:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
210 posts,
#12012, "RE: HELP with s-afc II install!"
In response to Reply # 0

OK! I finally got it hooked up. It took several printouts + the damn manual but I got it. My next question is, why is it running PIG RICH?! I mean dead green on the a/f guage, smells like gas, boggs when I press the throttle. I tried adjusting the graph (got a base map in there), but it does nothing. I even reversed the orange and pink wires for the air flow signal, thinking it just wasn't getting the signal it was flowing air. That did nothing. The wire for the air flow signal from the harness seems a bit loose though, maybe it's disconnected w/in the harness itself?

Anyone have any suggestions??

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12000 Previous topic | Next topic