Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11310
View in linear mode

Subject: "Installed boost controller" Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kApr-12-04 12:15 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11310, "Installed boost controller"

Ok i just put on my Hallman Pro boost controller and it works great. i have it tuned to a perfect 15psi! anyway the hallman instructions said to put the boost source line to the nipple on the turbo but the VFAQ tapped into the vaccum line on the BOV to throttle body. which one would be better if any? it seems to be working great but i was just wondering if there was any advantage/disadvantage to either location. And one more question...all my mods are in my sig and i was just wondering what you guys think i should get next? i'm thinking a cat-back. i've got an 02meter on the way from zeitronix also. and what are the necessities to have before i go for the Evo3 turbo upgrade? i'll say i'll need a fuel pump, probably get the 255 walbro, and some kind of fuel control like an AFC and EGT gauge but is there anything else that i would absolutly need before that? sorry so long thanks guys

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Installed boost controller, Vandy420a, Apr-12-04 04:31 PM, #1
RE: Installed boost controller, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-12-04 08:03 PM, #2
      RE: Installed boost controller, HybriDSM, Apr-13-04 03:05 AM, #3
           RE: Installed boost controller, Mattcky2k, Apr-13-04 04:05 AM, #4
                RE: Installed boost controller, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-13-04 07:42 AM, #5
                RE: Installed boost controller, Diceman19, Apr-13-04 09:44 AM, #6
                     RE: Installed boost controller, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-13-04 09:06 PM, #7

Vandy420aApr-12-04 04:31 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11311, "RE: Installed boost controller"
In response to Reply # 0

i love my catback, but a lot of guys swear by turbobacks, so you may want to wait. As for the 16g prep, i've asked 1092837409723 times here on this board, and i'm gonna get slapped if I ask again, but the best way to do it (and cheapest) is to just get everything for the 16g at once and put it all on at once.

Try a 14b if you really wanna go piecemeal, i hear they are awesome turbos, and i'm thinking about going this route to afford an fmic right off the bat instead of side mounting at 16g for a coupal months

Vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-12-04 08:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11312, "RE: Installed boost controller"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-12-04 08:05 PM by eclipzGST

yup, do it all at once.
get all this stuff:
turbo
2G install kit
o2 housing
FP(I went with a Walbro 190 and have plenty of fuel for a 16G)
550's (same as FP)
S-AFC to tune
EGT for insurance
Then plan on a whole day to swap it. It's not as hard as you think. Just take your time and go slow.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

HybriDSMApr-13-04 03:05 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#11313, "RE: Installed boost controller"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipzGST
yup, do it all at once. It's not as hard as you think. Just take your time and go slow.

Quoted for great Justice!

Having seen alot of DSM's go and break (mine very much included), I have learned this one universal truth.

Do it right, and do it once.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Mattcky2kApr-13-04 04:05 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#11314, "RE: Installed boost controller"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks guys! i bet it's gonna suck though having a turbo and what not just sitting in my room!

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-13-04 07:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11315, "RE: Installed boost controller"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Mattcky2k
thanks guys! i bet it's gonna suck though having a turbo and what not just sitting in my room!

all my stuff sat right here next to me in a pile for over a month. Yup. It sucks.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

Diceman19Apr-13-04 09:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#11316, "RE: Installed boost controller"
In response to Reply # 4

it shouldnt suck, it should be cool, cuz you know you will be faster after the fact.

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-13-04 09:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11317, "RE: Installed boost controller"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Diceman19
it shouldnt suck, it should be cool, cuz you know you will be faster after the fact.

It was WELL worth the wait IMO. I'm not done yet either. I have a brand ne FMIC and piping now residing in the spot where my turbo and other stuff used to live. I'm waiting on the J-pipe. The guy forgot I was running a 16G...

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11310 Previous topic | Next topic