Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11095
View in linear mode

Subject: "I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiApr-29-04 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11095, "I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"

My car won't start!!!! Please help!!

I adjusted the SAFC all to +/- 0%, it still won't start!! Anybody know anything, please help me asap...I'm on AIM Dano2gnt or MSN ernestdan@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Reverse El-Glo HVAC Panels Update: Specs received
Expected Release Date: May 14th

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, FlyinEsi, Apr-29-04 06:40 PM, #1
RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-29-04 07:37 PM, #2
      RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, FlyinEsi, Apr-29-04 07:44 PM, #3
           RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-29-04 08:47 PM, #4
                RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, BigBald, Apr-30-04 04:03 AM, #5
                     RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, FlyinEsi, Apr-30-04 04:45 AM, #6
                          RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, FlyinEsi, May-01-04 09:24 AM, #7
                               RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, Remy, May-01-04 01:08 PM, #8
                                    RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, Vandy420a, May-01-04 02:10 PM, #9
                                         RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, Vandy420a, May-01-04 02:14 PM, #10
                                              RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, HybriDSM, May-01-04 02:25 PM, #11
                                                   RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, FlyinEsi, May-01-04 02:37 PM, #12
                                                        RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, Teametx, May-01-04 02:46 PM, #13
                                                        RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, HybriDSM, May-01-04 04:18 PM, #14
                                                             RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-01-04 05:24 PM, #15
                                                             RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, Vandy420a, May-01-04 07:44 PM, #16
                                                             RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, FlyinEsi, May-02-04 05:18 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, TeamJeff_99gs, May-02-04 05:37 AM, #18
                                                                       RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, FlyinEsi, May-02-04 06:00 AM, #19
                                                                            RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, Remy, May-02-04 08:15 AM, #21
                                                             RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip, Remy, May-02-04 08:13 AM, #20

FlyinEsiApr-29-04 06:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11096, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 0

The car is running like shit guys. I dont' know what is goin on, but I have the ECU in, the car runs fine at idle and runs very smooth to redline as long as I don't give the car any more than 5psi of boost. If I am on it hard the boost shoots up to 16psi and the car shakes VERY violently.

If anybody has any suggestions, I am very open at this point. Please help. Here are the specs on the chip.

STAGE 3 1997
7500/5500 REV LIMITER
550cc DENSO FUEL INJECTORS
RAISED FUELCUT
180uS DEADTIME
KNOCK GAUGE
CAS INVERSION
RAISED FUEL CUT 22%
DAN ERNEST
CE SHIFT LIGHT AT 7000 RPM
(c)COPYRIGHT 2003-2004 KEYDIVERCHIPS.COM
04/24/04

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-29-04 07:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11097, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 1

It wasn't starting at first? What did you do to get it to start?
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset the ECU again and then go buy DSMLink.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

FlyinEsiApr-29-04 07:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11098, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-29-04 07:45 PM by FlyinEsi

I had to switch the wires on the coil packs. 1<>3 2<>4, the 95 and 97 are opposite...chip was supposed to be prorammed not to have to do that...maybe he forgot.

I will have to reset try resetting the ECU tomorrow. I threw in the stock ECU just to be safe and re-set my SAFC. I'm waiting for an e-mail from dsmchips and hopefully I can get it up and running correctly this weekend.

Any suggestion are still apprciated guys!
Thanks

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-29-04 08:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11099, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 3

You don't still have the S-AFC set at 0 across the board do you????

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

BigBaldApr-30-04 04:03 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#11100, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-30-04 04:05 AM by BigBald

Originally posted by eclipzGST
You don't still have the S-AFC set at 0 across the board do you????

Actually...you AFC should be set to zero already. THat chipped should be programmed for you 550s. You only need the AFC to fine tune the injectors. They will have it running alittle rich to cover their ass but you should only have to lean it out alittle bit. YOu need to get hold of a logger or a dyno to tune you car and see what is really going on instead of just guessing. A logger will be your friend for life....esp if you are nowhere near an AWD dyno.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiApr-30-04 04:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11101, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 5

I set the SAFC to 0 across the board for the new ECU but I put back in my original settings and my original ECU until we get this figured out. Jeff (dsmchips) is looking into his code to see if he did something wrong first.

FlyinEsiMay-01-04 09:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11102, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 6

I tried putting the ECU back into the car today, reset everything and took it for a run. The car acted the same way, so when I got back to the house, I started messing around with the SAFC. First of all, I unplugged it and the car damn near died, but I brought the RPMs up and a cloud of smoke bellowed out. So I plugged it back in.

I then went into the options on the SAFC and did an initialize. It reset everything to zero and messed up some of the other settings too. I changed it back to a 4-cyl, Karmen sensor, up/right throttle arrow. Anything else I NEED to change? I took the car for a run again and it wasn't doing it's shaking and hesitating quite as bad, but a cloud of smoke was coming out.

Also, when I was on the highway @ 60mph and floored it in 5th, the EGTs went to about 1500! Does that give anybody an idea of what is wrong??

Thanks.

RemyMay-01-04 01:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#11103, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 7
May-01-04 01:12 PM by Remy

One word "DATALOGGER" well maybe thats two. Good luck.

EDIT: Jeff's chip is awesome but you still have to use a datalogger or some sort of tuning tool to tune your car.

Vandy420aMay-01-04 02:10 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#11104, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 8
May-01-04 02:12 PM by Vandy420a

the cloud of smoke indicates a really rich setting---so do your high EGT's---you're getting unburned gasoline in the exhaust runners by the probe---

of course it could also be hella lean so dont' quote me on that, but thats my guess--you really do need a logger

*EDIT* and by "unburned gasoline" i mean the combustion process is continuing into your exhaust manifold...hence the high EGT

But like I said, lean this out at your own risk---I wouldn't, its just my guess, and i have been on my feet all day after 2 hours of sleep

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Vandy420aMay-01-04 02:14 PM
2037 posts,
#11105, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 9

if you wanna be really old school you could check your plugs--- if they're misshapen or deformed its time to worry

HybriDSMMay-01-04 02:25 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#11106, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 10

1500 is not that high. It's getting up there but isn't fatal as long as you let off. Also, the high temps are created by a very lean condition generally.

Did the AFC work flawlessly before this keydiver installation? What did you do to "unplug" the AFC.

All of this and more can be answered if ou get a POCKETLOGGER. Don't give up on it. Just try things from simple to complex and eventually the problem will appear. Kepp giving us as much info as you can, and maybe one hint will click.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

FlyinEsiMay-01-04 02:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11107, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 11

I really don't want to buy a logger, I was hoping to save the money from buying a dsmlink, and just buy this chip.

How much is a datalogger?? I already have a laptop I can use.

By unplugging the SAFC, I mean I unplugged it. There is a connector after about 6 ft of cord...I unplugged the screen.

TeametxMay-01-04 02:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#11108, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 12

Cheapest one I have found is the scantool one. http://www.scantool.net

HybriDSMMay-01-04 04:18 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#11109, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I really don't want to buy a logger, I was hoping to save the money from buying a dsmlink, and just buy this chip. How much is a datalogger?? I already have a laptop I can use. By unplugging the SAFC, I mean I unplugged it. There is a connector after about 6 ft of cord...I unplugged the screen. Reverse El-Glo HVAC Panels Update: Specs received Expected Release Date: May 14th

Is it an AFC II? The AFC 1 doesn't just "unplug" which confused me. Also, unequivocally, you MUST haver something to tune by. In the absence of DSMLink, the pocket logger is the other thing. Without that, you may as well walk out to your car, grab an 8 lb sledgehammer, and take out everything from the front bumper to the windshield, because without the ability to minitor and tune your engine, that's basically what you are doing.

Buy a palm pilot, then go to pocketlogger.com and purchase the software and cable. The you have a portable device to monitor your engine data.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-01-04 05:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11110, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 14

Just unplugging your S-AFC kills one connection where you actually cut the wire and 1 goes to one and 1 goes to the other if you know what I'm saying.
If you just unplug it, you have to put the wire going to the ECU back together.

Vandy420aMay-01-04 07:44 PM
2037 posts,
#11111, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by FlyinEsi I really don't want to buy a logger, I was hoping to save the money from buying a dsmlink, and just buy this chip. How much is a datalogger?? I already have a laptop I can use. By unplugging the SAFC, I mean I unplugged it. There is a connector after about 6 ft of cord...I unplugged the screen. Reverse El-Glo HVAC Panels Update: Specs received Expected Release Date: May 14th
Is it an AFC II? The AFC 1 doesn't just "unplug" which confused me. Also, unequivocally, you MUST haver something to tune by. In the absence of DSMLink, the pocket logger is the other thing. Without that, you may as well walk out to your car, grab an 8 lb sledgehammer, and take out everything from the front bumper to the windshield, because without the ability to minitor and tune your engine, that's basically what you are doing. Buy a palm pilot, then go to pocketlogger.com and purchase the software and cable. The you have a portable device to monitor your engine data.

hahahhaahhahahahaa nice sledgehammer analogy. That being said, dont' buy a palm pilot, you already have the EPROM ECU, get friggin DSMlink---it does everything a plam can do but faster, plus you can make adjustments. I don't think you even need an SAFC with DSM link, although I could be mistaken, and a Palm w/all the software, even used, is gonna run in the 200 dollar neihborhood---thats like 1/4 of the way to DSMLINK----sell your SAFCII for 200+ dollars and now you're halfway there--esp since you already have a laptop. If it needs to be done NOW I am in the market for an SAFCII, but I dont' wanna be "that guy", which is what i'm doing by saying that. Regardless of who you sell it to, you have the hardest part of DSMLINK down, just finish it up and you'll be much better off than before. ANd if you DO need to drive it to work i'd lean it out just a TAD and stay off boost completely...and I mean completely---i've done worse to my car and it still runs fine (i drove it home with the UICpipe BARELY attached, so when I hit boost the car would start to stall.

Matt

P.S. if I could do it again (i just bought a pocketlogger) I'd do DSMLINK--you also may be able to sell the chip....not sure exactly how that one works

FlyinEsiMay-02-04 05:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11112, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 16
May-02-04 05:19 AM by FlyinEsi

I just have the SAFC-I, not II. I'm trying to avoid purchasing DSMlink because of the money issue, but I'm also trying to avoid DSMlink because I wouldn' tknow how to use it. I'm very mechanically intelligent to fix broken parts on the car, but I am not tuning intelligent to diagnose why the engine isn't running right. If I was seeing all the numbers for injector pulse, cam sensors, A/F ratio, etc, first of all, I don't know what most of the numbers mean, and 2ndly, if I was told they were wrong, I wouln't know how to fix it.

I think that money spent could be better spend on some dyno time to have the car tuned properly by professionals.

TeamJeff_99gsMay-02-04 05:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#11113, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 17

DSMlink is God. If you have a 2G and you are avoiding DSMlink because you are scared of it you need to sell the car.

Honestly, all you need to watch is knock count, timing, and o2s. If you are knocking, you add more fuel. It isn't hard at all.

I'm getting frustrated with people who just don't want to do something because they are afraid of it. I would say more but I'd get in trouble. I'll leave it at that.

FlyinEsiMay-02-04 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11114, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 18

Dude, say whatever you want, I don't care. MODS: LET HIM SAY WHATEVER HE WANTS, I WON'T GET PISSED It might give me the motivation to buy it. I'm just afraid of blowing my engine up! If you guys are willing to help me, I'll look into getting it. If it is going to take 2 days to get a response to a question, like it often does in this section. Then I might as well take my chances, because I can't afford downtime on my car, it is the only way I can get around right now.

RemyMay-02-04 08:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#11115, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"
In response to Reply # 19
May-02-04 08:16 AM by Remy

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Dude, say whatever you want, I don't care. MODS: LET HIM SAY WHATEVER HE WANTS, I WON'T GET PISSED It might give me the motivation to buy it. I'm just afraid of blowing my engine up! If you guys are willing to help me, I'll look into getting it. If it is going to take 2 days to get a response to a question, like it often does in this section. Then I might as well take my chances, because I can't afford downtime on my car, it is the only way I can get around right now. Reverse El-Glo HVAC Panels Update: Specs received Expected Release Date: May 14th

Dsmlink > dsmchip

BUt the chip is also good. But you have to log it and see whats happening. The chip just gives you a baseline but you have to do the rest.
Buy a logger. Research how to use it. As soon as you learn to tune you will enjoy the chip and all the features it comes with.

RemyMay-02-04 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#11116, "RE: I got an eprom 95 ECU programmed by dsmchips.com with a stage 3 chip"

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by FlyinEsi Expected Release Date: May 14th
Is it an AFC II? The AFC 1 doesn't just "unplug" which confused me.

Yes the afc 1 can just unplug without talking it from the ecu.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11095 Previous topic | Next topic