Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10829
View in linear mode

Subject: "Crankwalk ?'s plz help" Previous topic | Next topic
blcktalipseMay-25-04 06:23 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
1067 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10829, "Crankwalk ?'s plz help"

after talkin to soulcontroller about crankwalk he informed me that if you push in the clutch and make a sharp left turn and the clutch pedal stays down that means your engine is crankwalking. i bought a 95 gst with 84k on it when i test drove it, it was fine but latly it is doing that. now does this mean my engine is walkin a fuckin way with my goddamn crank or any i just over reacting?!? any info would be greatly appreciated.....also anyone got a 6bolt and a weekend to help me throw it in?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help, Vandy420a, May-25-04 07:45 PM, #1
RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, May-25-04 08:58 PM, #2
      RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help, soulcontroller, May-26-04 05:47 AM, #3
           RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help, Vandy420a, May-26-04 10:51 AM, #4
                RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help, blcktalipse, May-26-04 11:33 AM, #5
                     RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help, blcktalipse, May-26-04 03:45 PM, #6

Vandy420aMay-25-04 07:45 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10830, "RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds fishy...go to vfaq.com and read up on the crankwalk stuff...you absolutely need to do the serious test w/the feeler guages to be sure--the clutch pedal is just like a warning sign

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EcLIpsInEmCEe7May-25-04 08:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#10831, "RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help"
In response to Reply # 1

thats what mine did when i had CW

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

soulcontrollerMay-26-04 05:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#10832, "RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help"
In response to Reply # 2

check these out.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/walkingcrankshaft.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/crankwalk/

that 2nd link has a bunch more links at the bottom for crankwalk info.

you can probably drive for a while, like matt said its just a warning sign for you. i swear every 7 bolt 4g63er i know has had crankwalk, some even more than once. wierd.

Vandy420aMay-26-04 10:51 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#10833, "RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help"
In response to Reply # 3

i've also heard that every 7bolt walks somewhat, its just a matter of how much. your clutch pedal sticking would probably qualify as "too much". what kind of clutch are you using/is on there? I wish you luck and keep us posted...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

blcktalipseMay-26-04 11:33 AM
1067 posts,
#10834, "RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help"
In response to Reply # 4

as far as i know its the stock clutch i just got a couple weeks ago

blcktalipseMay-26-04 03:45 PM
1067 posts,
#10835, "RE: Crankwalk ?'s plz help"
In response to Reply # 5

ok does it make a difference if it happens when you turn right?

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10829 Previous topic | Next topic