Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10551
View in linear mode

Subject: "SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!" Previous topic | Next topic
Vandy420aJun-14-04 08:23 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10551, "SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"

Just installed an SAFCII, and the car won't start, or starts and idles horribly when I give it partial throttle...

I also have a CEL now

Thing is, everything else is stock, fp and injectors (doing those this afternoon)

I just wanna move the car into the driveway...did I wire the SAFCII up wrong (I don't think I did) or is this normal with stock stuff?

settings: Karmon, throttle upper left, 4cyl., tried doing the hold the throttle down for 10 seconds to no avail..

Thanks guys!
matt

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 08:29 AM, #1
RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, chrysler kid, Jun-14-04 09:17 AM, #2
      RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-04 12:22 PM, #3
           RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 01:28 PM, #4
                RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-04 02:12 PM, #5
                     RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, chrysler kid, Jun-14-04 02:52 PM, #6
                          RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 03:02 PM, #7
                               RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-04 04:02 PM, #8
                                    RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 05:54 PM, #9
                                         RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-04 07:07 PM, #10

Vandy420aJun-14-04 08:29 AM
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10552, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 0

N/M i'm a retard...

2G Turbo Stock
T-25 turbo, RSR Cat Back, RSR DP-no cat, Filter, 14psi
Stock Injectors, Side and Lower honeycombs out, Adjusting screw backed out flush

Low Setting:
1K +50 2K +18 3K +10 4K +8 5K +6 5.5K + 6 6K +6 7K +6
High Setting:
1K +0 2K -1 3K -1 4K 0 5K 0 5.5K +3 6K +4 7K +5
TH-Point
Lo 20% Hi 60%

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/newafcsetting.htm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidJun-14-04 09:17 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#10553, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-14-04 09:21 AM by chrysler kid

you installed it wrong hahaha

heres my settings

low
stock
hi
1k 0 2k + 3k +20% 4k +30% 5k+45% 6k +30% 7l +20%

im running about 21-22 psi

11.65 @ 115

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-14-04 12:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10554, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 2

He has it set about right.
CK, why do you have it set so rich? Are you still on the 450's?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Vandy420aJun-14-04 01:28 PM
2037 posts,
#10555, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 3

mwhahahahahah ok fuel pump is IN (after my brother did me a "favor" and filled my tank this morning )

and injectors are going in right now w/a new fuel filter...what a mess, but tonight the fuel system will be done <<knock on wood>>!! Tomorrow: its turbo time........

matt

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-14-04 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10556, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Vandy420a
mwhahahahahah ok fuel pump is IN (after my brother did me a "favor" and filled my tank this morning ) and injectors are going in right now w/a new fuel filter...what a mess, but tonight the fuel system will be done <<knock on wood>>!! Tomorrow: its turbo time........ matt

I had no problem doing my FP with a full tank. 2G's are good like that.
Injectors are a piece of cake. Just be careful with the little black insulators. If they fall, they're a BITCH to get at.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

chrysler kidJun-14-04 02:52 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#10557, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 5

stock fuel system baby

11.65 @ 115

Vandy420aJun-14-04 03:02 PM
2037 posts,
#10558, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-14-04 03:12 PM by Vandy420a

looking for a decent walkthrough for injectors, but I did find this....

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104301

this thread is becoming the holy grail of noob turbo installs, maybe we should change the subject heading....

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-14-04 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10559, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Vandy420a
looking for a decent walkthrough for injectors, but I did find this.... http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104301 this thread is becoming the holy grail of noob turbo installs, maybe we should change the subject heading....

Swapping my turbo wasn't even CLOSE to as difficult as I thought it would be.
The biggest pains in the ass for me were:
1. I bolted up the turbo with the downpipe too far over to the right and then when I went to bolt it up, I couldn't get it past the dump tube from the o2 housing. I had to pull the turbo/o2 housing off to move it over and bolt it alll back up again.
2. Dropped an injector insulator into the engine. Probably wouldn't have been that big a deal if it wasn't 1am and pitch black.
3. Banjo bolt for turbo oil feed was nice and tight but the line going in wasn't. Could only get a wrench on there enough to turn about an 1/8 of a turn at a time. Snugged it up with a flat head screwdriver and light taps with a hammer.
Everything else went quick and smooth. Even the bending of the water lines (which I thought would be the real PITA) took about 5 min. tops.
I wish I had taken pictures and did a walkthrough but it was my first time and just wanted to pay as much attention as I could to what I was doing.
You should be fine. Just go slow and make sure you check everything twice before bolting it all back together.

Vandy420aJun-14-04 05:54 PM
2037 posts,
#10560, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipzGST
2. Dropped an injector insulator into the engine. Probably wouldn't have been that big a deal if it wasn't 1am and pitch black. --------------- Just go slow and make sure you check everything twice before bolting it all back together.

yeah we dropped the @#(*&^$ing insulators twice, but we had like blinding light so it was all good....and by all good I mean I sent the dipshit that dropped it to go looking for it while I sipped a beer.

I had serious issues with injector fitment, though...it seemed like when the injectors fit properly, the harness clips were a no-go. I hope the way I have it rigged up will work..only time will tell I guess.

As for the bending of the water lines, i'm a bit worried, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. Right now i'm sitting here trying to figure out how to get the bottom fuel filter fitting off w/o a crows foot..

Back to it bright and early tomorrow!..
thanks for the help!

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-14-04 07:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10561, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to Reply # 9

No problem. Good luck tomorrow.
You'll like how it feels the first time out after getting it all together. I guarantee it. .
Just for the record. Make sure you use t-bolts or at least clamp your piping down REAL good. I blew off my lower pipe 3x before I got a good pull in.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10551 Previous topic | Next topic