Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10233
View in linear mode

Subject: "car shaking, stumbling at 3k" Previous topic | Next topic
Pyroman415Jul-27-04 06:00 AM
Member since Dec 03rd 2003
179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10233, "car shaking, stumbling at 3k"

I was driving along in 3rd gear and at 3k the car started shaking and the engine stumbled. its doing it in all gears now. its like a rev limiter at 3k and it shakes real bad. any ideas of what this is? 98 gst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HybriDSMJul-27-04 06:14 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10234, "RE: car shaking, stumbling at 3k"
In response to Reply # 0

More info please. Have you done any mods recently (SAFC?)? When you say stumbling, explain it in more detail. Does it accelerate then stumble randomly? Does it just hit the 3k ceiling and hesitate consistently thereafter?

More info needs to be given so we can diagnose.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-27-04 08:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#10235, "RE: car shaking, stumbling at 3k"
In response to Reply # 1

sounds like an IC pipe blew off or real bad boost leak.
Definetly need more info...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Pyroman415Jul-27-04 03:30 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2003
179 posts,
#10236, "RE: car shaking, stumbling at 3k"
In response to Reply # 2

The IC pipe blew off. dont know how that happened but its fixed now. thanks for the help. -brian

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10233 Previous topic | Next topic