Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10008
View in linear mode

Subject: "ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe" Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Aug-28-04 11:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10008, "ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe"

well, now that i got serious about putting the exhaust on, i get the 02 housing bolted on and it sucked royally and will most likely leak(bottom back bolt). i went to put the downpipe on, and it doesnt fit. the closest i can get it is where i can still see into the 02 housing. nothing goes right for me. now, i gotta get on the phone with atr and see if they will take back this 6 month old downpipe that has been sitting in my house.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe, Vandy420a, Aug-28-04 01:13 PM, #1
RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe, Vandy420a, Aug-29-04 01:38 PM, #2
      RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe, Diceman19, Aug-29-04 03:16 PM, #3
           RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe, Vandy420a, Aug-29-04 05:46 PM, #4
                RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe, Diceman19, Aug-29-04 06:29 PM, #5
                     RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe, Vandy420a, Aug-29-04 07:18 PM, #6
                          RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe, Diceman19, Aug-30-04 07:38 AM, #7

Vandy420aAug-28-04 01:13 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10009, "RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe"
In response to Reply # 0

its a bitch to put up. Are you running a test pipe? Connect the downpipe to the 02 housing first, then to the test pipe---it took 2 guys and about an hour to do mine---one to hold, one to thread nuts. Also, I loosened the turbo up alot to get the DP to fit---you may want to try this, it worked wonders--then just tighten back down the turbo

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Vandy420aAug-29-04 01:38 PM
2037 posts,
#10010, "RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe"
In response to Reply # 1

did you end up selling the downpipe?

Diceman19Aug-29-04 03:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#10011, "RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe"
In response to Reply # 2

what do you mean? i am gonna get in touch with ATR and see what they will do for me.

Vandy420aAug-29-04 05:46 PM
2037 posts,
#10012, "RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe"
In response to Reply # 3

like I said, just loosen the turbo bolts, lower the turbo a bit, then maneuver it around so you can attach the dp to the 02 housing...once its attached, tighten the turbo back up to the manifold...

Diceman19Aug-29-04 06:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#10013, "RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe"
In response to Reply # 4

so what your saying is that if i do that, my downpipe is just going to mold itself to where it is supposed to go.....i think not. the only way i could really show you is by taking a picture, but it is seriously at least an inch off, in more than one way.

Vandy420aAug-29-04 07:18 PM
2037 posts,
#10014, "RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Diceman19
so what your saying is that if i do that, my downpipe is just going to mold itself to where it is supposed to go.....i think not. the only way i could really show you is by taking a picture, but it is seriously at least an inch off, in more than one way.

thats cool, I was just tryin to help out...

Diceman19Aug-30-04 07:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#10015, "RE: ARRGH!!! Stupid downpipe"
In response to Reply # 6

not to snap at you or anything, no offense intended. i just dont know how the downpipe would just "mold" itself to where it needed to go just because i unbolted the turbo to make it fit. i will see what ATR says. they might just ship me another one to try out.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10008 Previous topic | Next topic