Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #9882
View in linear mode

Subject: "what color what color" Previous topic | Next topic
2geclipselamboedMay-28-06 07:33 AM
Member since Jan 12th 2006
265 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9882, "what color what color"

ok well i don't have pics yet but my mom just gave me the down payment for my friends eclipse and then the loan...it is a 98 gs-t with around 320hp...super 16g turbo..well too much to list u all know what it takes to make hp or torque, but anyways first things come first, i am painting the car it is silver and i love silver but it is just to plain for my taste so i am seeing what anyone has for ideas for a paint color...heres some i am thinking about

Candy Green
Ferrari Yellow
Srt-4 electron blue
candy apple red

i want bright colors so let me know what ya'll think

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what color what color, slowmitsu, May-28-06 07:38 AM, #1
RE: what color what color, saikou, May-28-06 08:27 AM, #2
RE: what color what color, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-28-06 08:45 AM, #3
RE: what color what color, 2geclipselamboed, May-28-06 09:51 AM, #4
RE: what color what color, eclipse982nrRST, May-28-06 10:00 AM, #5
      RE: what color what color, GSGoinFast, May-28-06 02:48 PM, #6
           RE: what color what color, ScreaminE, May-28-06 04:13 PM, #7
                RE: what color what color, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-28-06 05:34 PM, #8
                RE: what color what color, slowmitsu, May-29-06 06:30 AM, #11
                RE: what color what color, youkickedmydog, May-28-06 06:03 PM, #9
                     RE: what color what color, CopperEclipse96, May-29-06 03:25 AM, #10
                          RE: what color what color, djtrickee, May-29-06 06:38 AM, #12
                               RE: what color what color, QC DSM ESiT, May-29-06 09:05 AM, #13
                                    RE: what color what color, CopperEclipse96, May-29-06 04:44 PM, #14
                                         RE: what color what color, djtrickee, May-29-06 06:12 PM, #15
                                              RE: what color what color, QC DSM ESiT, May-29-06 06:45 PM, #16
                                                   RE: what color what color, burntheblobs, May-29-06 07:51 PM, #17
                                                        RE: what color what color, 2geclipselamboed, May-30-06 06:23 AM, #18
                                                             RE: what color what color, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-30-06 07:24 AM, #19
                                                             RE: what color what color, 420a-Tnthewerks, May-30-06 11:47 AM, #20
                                                                  RE: what color what color, 2geclipselamboed, May-30-06 03:18 PM, #21
                                                             RE: what color what color, QC DSM ESiT, May-30-06 07:47 PM, #22
                                                                  RE: what color what color, Steve, May-31-06 12:57 AM, #23
                                                                  RE: what color what color, 2geclipselamboed, May-31-06 05:58 AM, #24

slowmitsuMay-28-06 07:38 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9883, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 0
May-28-06 08:28 AM by slowmitsu

If you're painting it then it had better be painted right. Engine bay, door and hatch sills, etc. Just my .02

_______

BPU'd skittle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

saikouMay-28-06 08:27 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#9884, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 1

Whatever you do, please do not make it a show car. No decals.

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-28-06 08:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9885, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by slowmitsu
If you're painting it then it had better be painted right. Engine bay, door and hatch sills, etc. Just my .02

+1
Don't do it, unless you plan to do it right!...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

2geclipselamboedMay-28-06 09:51 AM
265 posts,
#9889, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 0

well u guys will be glad to hear this then, i am painting the sills, the hatch ripping out all the interior etc...the only thing i want the engine bay to be gloss black..it is already a show car for the engine bay it is almost all chrome and blue. The paint job for the car is going to cost me around 4 grand but the body shop i am having it painted at are working a deal with me to pay payments and use the car as a sponsered car for them (and no i don't have to have decals on my car).

eclipse982nrRSTMay-28-06 10:00 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#9890, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 4

house of kolor kandy tangerine with yellow pearl!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

GSGoinFastMay-28-06 02:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
#9892, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 5

I would skip the paint job, leave it silver, and spend that $4k on performance stuff, but thats just me. Sorry, I guess I just hate non-performance mods that cost a lot.

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

ScreaminEMay-28-06 04:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#9893, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 6
May-28-06 04:14 PM by ScreaminE

edited for being an asshole...

Seriously you should make the car faster or convert it to AWD before spending that on paint.

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-28-06 05:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9895, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by ScreaminE
edited for being an asshole... Seriously you should make the car faster or convert it to AWD before spending that on paint.

He won't need either if it's going to be a "show car". There are 3 types of enthusiast on this board. One wants go, one wants show and the last but not least is happy if the car starts and drives on a daily basis.
I have respect for all of them. To each his own...

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

slowmitsuMay-29-06 06:30 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#9915, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipzGST
and the last but not least is happy if the car starts and drives on a daily basis.

Hear hear.

_______

BPU'd skittle

youkickedmydogMay-28-06 06:03 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#9898, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by ScreaminE
convert it to AWD before spending that on paint.

Thats only possible on the spyders, they share the same frame with the gsx... I dont think his car is a spyder.

Any way my one friend painted his car chartruse, it was crazy bright.

I used to have close up pics of it, its was really nice, everything shaved and molded... he was hit by a drunk driver a month after that pic and the car was wrecked. If thats too rice for ya check out laguna seca blue.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

CopperEclipse96May-29-06 03:25 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#9908, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 9

So why get a GS-T to make a show car, when you already have an eclipse?

I wish my parents would buy me cars.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

djtrickeeMay-29-06 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#9916, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by CopperEclipse96
So why get a GS-T to make a show car, when you already have an eclipse? I wish my parents would buy me cars.

no kidding.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

QC DSM ESiTMay-29-06 09:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#9918, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by CopperEclipse96 So why get a GS-T to make a show car, when you already have an eclipse? I wish my parents would buy me cars.
no kidding.

Agreed, in fact instead of painting it how about you send me the 4K and I will put it to good use.

Just messin with ya man. If you wanna paint it then, hey whatever. As for the colors from the ones you listed I would go with the SRT blue.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

CopperEclipse96May-29-06 04:44 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#9927, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by QC DSM ESiT
Originally posted by CopperEclipse96 So why get a GS-T to make a show car, when you already have an eclipse? I wish my parents would buy me cars.
no kidding.
Agreed, in fact instead of painting it how about you send me the 4K and I will put it to good use. Just messin with ya man. If you wanna paint it then, hey whatever. As for the colors from the ones you listed I would go with the SRT blue.

or take the $4k that you would spend on a PAINT JOB, and put it into a savings account, or invest it, especially considering (just a guess here) that you're still living at home, and your parents have to help you out. $4k towards a house or apartment would seem to me a much better investment that a paint job. Spending crazy money on mods is fine, but I don't see the point of having some nice car, and then having to bring the girls you pick up back to your parents' house. But hey, that's just my 2 cents. To each his own.

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

djtrickeeMay-29-06 06:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#9929, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by CopperEclipse96
no kidding.
Agreed, in fact instead of painting it how about you send me the 4K and I will put it to good use. Just messin with ya man. If you wanna paint it then, hey whatever. As for the colors from the ones you listed I would go with the SRT blue.
or take the $4k that you would spend on a PAINT JOB, and put it into a savings account, or invest it, especially considering (just a guess here) that you're still living at home, and your parents have to help you out. $4k towards a house or apartment would seem to me a much better investment that a paint job. Spending crazy money on mods is fine, but I don't see the point of having some nice car, and then having to bring the girls you pick up back to your parents' house. But hey, that's just my 2 cents. To each his own.

lol. c'mon man. Everyone knows the rice gets the girls...

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

QC DSM ESiTMay-29-06 06:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#9930, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 15

lol. c'mon man. Everyone knows the rice gets the girls...

That would explain why I never get any chicks. Maybe I should sell the entire turbosystem and buy a body kit and a big aluminum spoiler so I can pick up chicks. Then again that would go against everything that I'm against. I guess I will just have to live with this stock looking and moderatly fast 2GNT. (sigh)

98 Dodge Neon R/T

burntheblobsMay-29-06 07:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#9933, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 16
May-29-06 07:52 PM by burntheblobs

Hey whatever you do don't get any kind of yellow on that car. Yellow fades to a turd color. I LOVE yellow, but I would only own a yellow car if it was a porsche.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

2geclipselamboedMay-30-06 06:23 AM
265 posts,
#9939, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 17

ok for those wondering who posted something about this. Yes i am only 20 years old almost 21. My mom didn't buy me the gs-t she gave me the lil down payment for it it was the only way my friend would hold the car for me to get a loan for it, but i have already paid her back. I work for my uncles accounting business and take online courses right now, so roughly i usually make anywhere from 2500-3 thousand every 2 weeks so i am not hurting for money, the only reason i didn't have the downpayment for it was because i put the extra 8 i had into a cd, plus i have an expensive fiance but she doesn't ask for anything so i feel she deserves it at times.

Now for those that say i should go performance i will get the list of everything done for u if u would like, some things such as a shep racing trans, super 16g turbo, big fmic intercooler, motor ported and polished bored to .20 over with j&e pistons and crower rods etc.. but i think 320hp is good enough for me right now. Plans on down the road will be a built 6 bolt motor swap with either a 20g or gt35 turbo.

Oh and the color i ended up getting was the Srt-4 electron blue

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-30-06 07:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9940, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by 2geclipselamboedi have an expensive fiance but she doesn't ask for anything so i feel she deserves it at times.

What does that mean?

420a-TnthewerksMay-30-06 11:47 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#9949, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by 2geclipselamboedi have an expensive fiance but she doesn't ask for anything so i feel she deserves it at times.
What does that mean?

He spends alot of money on his fiance because she's not greedy and doesn't ask for anything, therefore, she deverves the things he gets her. That's what I got out of it anyway..

Originally posted by 2geclipselamboed
Oh and the color i ended up getting was the Srt-4 electron blue

Thank God.

2geclipselamboedMay-30-06 03:18 PM
265 posts,
#9957, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
What does that mean?
He spends alot of money on his fiance because she's not greedy and doesn't ask for anything, therefore, she deverves the things he gets her. That's what I got out of it anyway..
Originally posted by 2geclipselamboed Oh and the color i ended up getting was the Srt-4 electron blue
Thank God.

exactly...she has expensive taste but never once will she ask me to buy her anything, because she is capable of buying it herself with her money from her job, so sometimes its nice to buy her things she wants but doesn't ask me for. Very rarely will u meet a girl like her so i am holding on to he

QC DSM ESiTMay-30-06 07:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#9968, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by 2geclipselamboed
ok for those wondering who posted something about this. Yes i am only 20 years old almost 21. My mom didn't buy me the gs-t she gave me the lil down payment for it it was the only way my friend would hold the car for me to get a loan for it, but i have already paid her back. I work for my uncles accounting business and take online courses right now, so roughly i usually make anywhere from 2500-3 thousand every 2 weeks so i am not hurting for money, the only reason i didn't have the downpayment for it was because i put the extra 8 i had into a cd, plus i have an expensive fiance but she doesn't ask for anything so i feel she deserves it at times. Now for those that say i should go performance i will get the list of everything done for u if u would like, some things such as a shep racing trans, super 16g turbo, big fmic intercooler, motor ported and polished bored to .20 over with j&e pistons and crower rods etc.. but i think 320hp is good enough for me right now. Plans on down the road will be a built 6 bolt motor swap with either a 20g or gt35 turbo. Oh and the color i ended up getting was the Srt-4 electron blue

Damn man you need to hook me up with a job there, lol. Great choice on color. I love that color blue.

98 Dodge Neon R/T

SteveMay-31-06 12:57 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#9975, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 22

yeah that pooporange color didnt do anything for me when they got rid of the blue

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

2geclipselamboedMay-31-06 05:58 AM
265 posts,
#9984, "RE: what color what color"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by 2geclipselamboed ok for those wondering who posted something about this. Yes i am only 20 years old almost 21. My mom didn't buy me the gs-t she gave me the lil down payment for it it was the only way my friend would hold the car for me to get a loan for it, but i have already paid her back. I work for my uncles accounting business and take online courses right now, so roughly i usually make anywhere from 2500-3 thousand every 2 weeks so i am not hurting for money, the only reason i didn't have the downpayment for it was because i put the extra 8 i had into a cd, plus i have an expensive fiance but she doesn't ask for anything so i feel she deserves it at times. Now for those that say i should go performance i will get the list of everything done for u if u would like, some things such as a shep racing trans, super 16g turbo, big fmic intercooler, motor ported and polished bored to .20 over with j&e pistons and crower rods etc.. but i think 320hp is good enough for me right now. Plans on down the road will be a built 6 bolt motor swap with either a 20g or gt35 turbo. Oh and the color i ended up getting was the Srt-4 electron blue
Damn man you need to hook me up with a job there, lol. Great choice on color. I love that color blue.

yeah i have a lot of people ask me to get them a job there but everyone else has to have a degree in it, i just get paid to run papers all over the place for him and be on time, so its not a hard job either.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #9882 Previous topic | Next topic