Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #928
View in linear mode

Subject: "Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jan-11-06 12:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#928, "Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"

To whom,

It has been brought to my attention that Speed Channel has no plans to cover the 2006 World Rally Championship (WRC) series. I am writing to express my dissatisfaction at this news. Surely, there is at least one NASCAR program which can be eliminated or cut short in the interest of providing your subscribers with REAL motorsport. This channel was once the greatest thing since sliced bread, but now it seems it is no longer interested in catering to the car guy so much as it is in cashing in on the redneck cash cow otherwise known as NASCAR.

There are fans out here in the real world of cars and motorsports, like me, who will still write in the hopes of seeing more true motorsport and less NASCAR garbage on Speed Channel, despite knowing that, since our comments don't align well with the new marketing plan of the channel, we will simply be brushed off with a form letter thanking us for our time, but we will write, regardless, and share our dissatisfaction with our peers.

In that case, a message for the bean counters: the more NASCAR is shown on Speed Channel, the more of your greatest advocates will be turning their back on you and walking away. Quit catering to the lowest common denominator.

Innovate. Lose the NASCAR. Promote REAL motorsports for REAL people.

Thank you,

Please go here and share your support of WRC. Thank you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-11-06 01:07 PM, #1
RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, 96eclipse2nr, Jan-11-06 02:35 PM, #2
      RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, Collente, Jan-11-06 02:44 PM, #3
           RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, EvMan2345, Jan-11-06 06:29 PM, #4
                RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, whodatt1, Jan-12-06 05:53 AM, #5
                     RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, Moderator992gnt, Jan-12-06 07:11 AM, #6
                          RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, TeamDR1665, Jan-12-06 07:39 AM, #7
                               RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, Moderatormicyek, Jan-12-06 07:56 AM, #8
                                    RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, ScreaminE, Jan-12-06 09:08 AM, #9
                                         RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, slowmitsu, Jan-13-06 02:15 AM, #10
RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?, Moderatorjuan, Jan-19-06 08:11 PM, #11

95_ESi_PersonJan-11-06 01:07 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#931, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 0

I think I'm going to cry.

NASCAR can lick my hairy balls.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96eclipse2nrJan-11-06 02:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#934, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
I think I'm going to cry. NASCAR can lick my hairy balls.

yeah, its pretty pathetic. all they do is push nascar and the truck series and al that crap. i used to actually have fun watching that channel with all the WRC and other various rally's. but now...just the same old crap. jesus, every other station covers it..why does speed think they have to?

hell, i consider myself and all my friend to pretty much be rednecks..and not a one of us can stand it. come to think of it...i cant count off a group of ppl who do like that that i know and fill one hand.

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

CollenteJan-11-06 02:44 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#935, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 2

Only had a second to reply as I am busy at work but :
This has just come to my attention and I am disgusted. World Rally Championship is one of the only real motor sports and far surpasses NASCAR in every area. Speed channel started to really pick up but now looks as though it has succumbed to cliché programming much like you see with MTV now days. They don’t even play music on MTV2 anymore.

Thanks for selling out...
Nick
Disgusted fan from California

Nick
97RS

EvMan2345Jan-11-06 06:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#958, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 3

Damn, I bet F1 is next too...

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

whodatt1Jan-12-06 05:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#977, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 4

I've noticed the speed channel going down for a while. sux.
Atleast there is still futbol!!!

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Moderator992gntJan-12-06 07:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#981, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-12-06 07:12 AM by 992gnt

Originally posted by whodatt1
I've noticed the speed channel going down for a while. sux. Atleast there is still futbol!!!

FSC rocks! I watch at least 3 games a week. I hardly ever watch Speed anymore, it's too difficult to find anything I'm remotely interested. I mean c'mon, who cares how many rednecks it takes to find one that can drive around in a circle without hitting anything? It's a real shame too since last years' F1 season was so good compared to the last 6 or 7. The commentating team even managed to quit getting on my nerves. F1 will not leave Speed though, and if it does, it will be picked up by someone. There's an American (Scott Speed) driving in the series for the first time since Michael Andretti (94?). Go Team Toro Rossi (Red Bull's jr squad).

As for WRC, I'm not even sure who is left to pull for, all the Group N guys?

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

TeamDR1665Jan-12-06 07:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#983, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 992gnt
Originally posted by whodatt1 I've noticed the speed channel going down for a while. sux. Atleast there is still futbol!!!
FSC rocks! I watch at least 3 games a week. I hardly ever watch Speed anymore, it's too difficult to find anything I'm remotely interested. I mean c'mon, who cares how many rednecks it takes to find one that can drive around in a circle without hitting anything? It's a real shame too since last years' F1 season was so good compared to the last 6 or 7. The commentating team even managed to quit getting on my nerves. F1 will not leave Speed though, and if it does, it will be picked up by someone. There's an American (Scott Speed) driving in the series for the first time since Michael Andretti (94?). Go Team Toro Rossi (Red Bull's jr squad). As for WRC, I'm not even sure who is left to pull for, all the Group N guys?

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!

I haven't had cable in over a year. The only reason I had it was so I could watch WRC. Even though it was on in the middle of the night. I used to spend a good deal of time watching the qualifying runs live on Speed the day before the F1 events as well. Between those programs and Victory by Design and Barrett-Jackson (which I can just go check out in person) that's all I needed. There used to be footage of SCCA Rally and semi racing in Europe, but now it's all garbage. NASCAR 24/7? God help us all. I guess this is how the south shall rise again?

I think the limited field of entrants in the 2006 season, combined with the new twinning policies will level things out and allow some of the smaller outfits to really show their stuff this year. It will be great, but we'll not get to see it, because of stupid, ass-fucking NASCAR.

ModeratormicyekJan-12-06 07:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#986, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 7

NASCAR rules all you fuckers! HAHAHAHAHA :p

Actually I probably didn't even watch over 2hrs all last season and really don't give a rip about this year starting back up. No time for that shit anymore.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

ScreaminEJan-12-06 09:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#990, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 8

Remeber when it was Speed Vision? Those where the days. Back in my Motocross days they actually used to cover MX races and I loved it. Ever since it changed to Speed channel then speed TV it has just went to shit.

Funny thing is I live in NASCAR country (Charlotte NC). I used to bag groceries in my teen years for a lot of the NASCAR big shots. My room mates mom works for a big team (target, discount tire, coors light cars) and she took us on a tour of the entire shop. ALL of you talking now would have had huge boners as well.

I used to like NASACAR, now it's become so shitty.

slowmitsuJan-13-06 02:15 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#1036, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 9

SPEED is the new MTV. Oh well.

_______

BPU'd skittle

ModeratorjuanJan-19-06 08:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#1467, "RE: Speed TV not covering WRC in 06?"
In response to Reply # 0

that really sucks. I hate Nascar as much as anybody else who doesn't shop at WalMart, but I don't mind them carrying it to a certain degree, if only to help foot the bills for the more esoteric motorsports.

All the other crap trickling into their schedule is equally troubling. I can't believe they even show boblsedding. Fast and dangerous it is, I'll give them that, but there's no bleeding engines in those things!

I don't get OLN on my cable service any more. And anyways, isn't OLN supposed to be about trout fishing and shootin' critters?

Speed for me was valuable pricipally for three things, F1, WRC and GP2 (damn fine racing, that).

This all may be due to Speed being owned by Fox. "Fair and balanced" coverage my ass.

In addition to the Speed feedback form Brian mentioned, also try this:
http://www.petitiononline.com/SpdTV/petition.html

juan

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #928 Previous topic | Next topic