Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #860
View in linear mode

Subject: "another testament as to why GM is floundering (as if we need any more proof)" Previous topic | Next topic
96eclipse2nrJan-10-06 09:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#860, "another testament as to why GM is floundering (as if we need any more proof)"
Jan-10-06 09:52 PM by 96eclipse2nr

this time proven on the TLC show "Rides"

a group of college students/teachers in an automotive program were recruited by GM to make over an old malibu to enter it into the SEMA show for the GM booth.

so it rolls in, pretty decent condition with an "ok" orange paint job, black rally stripes, a black top, and a black interior.

they give the kids 100 days or so to "completley reinvent the car and make it into a show-stopping ride worth of cometing at SEMA" ok...fair enough.

so they get to work on it...completley redoing the car and dropping in a new 572...lookin pretty good. they go to paint and lay down an absolutley BITCHIN paint job. yes....it was orange, and i was skeptical at first thinking "great...orange...again". and then they laid down ghosted rally stripes by mixing in a bit of red to the orange they just laid down again thinking "OK, ENOUGH WITH THE ORANGE!!!" but by the time they were done laying down all the metalics and translucent-multi-facuted pearls and gobs of clear, i was absolutley in LOVE with the car. has so much depth and shine and the ghosted stripes were just STUNNING. i was thinking to myself "ya know, even with all the orange, it will actually be a pretty sweet ride!" yeah well...ahem...fast foward to the last 1/3 of the show.

hmm, i dont see the bitchin paint job i once saw. i see just a bland gloss orange and...whats this??? black rally stripes? oh ok...they must be showing footage from earlier in the segment. wait...wait. hmm, sure seems to be alot of this "old" scheme in there..and now their putting the new interior back in.

well wouldent you know it. the grumps at the GM HQ overruled the killer paint job and yup..you guessed it...made them put it RIGHT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS WHEN IT ROLLED INTO THE SHOP. yeah..so much for "one of a kind, show stopping SEMA quality". the thing looked just a bad as when it first came in the door.

so all in all, they throw on some new bling wheels, an in-dash nav/cd combo system, some speakers, new engine..and thats about it. it rolled back out of the shop with an "ok" orange paint job, black rally stripes, black top, black interior...yeah, sure looks like show quality. yeah...an "all new design" eh?

WAY TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX THERE GM....NO WONDER NOBODY IS EXCITED ABOUT YOUR LINEUP ANYMORE!

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

95_ESi_PersonJan-10-06 09:44 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#861, "RE: another testament as to why GM is floundering (as if we need any more proof)"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-10-06 09:46 PM by 95_ESi_Person

It was originally a Malibu, but through certain trim upgrades was turned into a Chevelle.

GM is floundering because they dropped their best selling line (Oldsmobile) after Olds completely turned itself around. Olds was dropped because the new guy in charge simply didn't like Oldsmobile.

I.E. Bad decisions!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

madhatter210Jan-11-06 02:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#869, "RE: another testament as to why GM is floundering (as if we need any more proof)"
In response to Reply # 1

All I know is they are going to re-design and start production on the camaro again......not sure my thoughts on that.

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

chrysler kidJan-11-06 09:17 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#910, "RE: another testament as to why GM is floundering (as if we need any more proof)"
In response to Reply # 2

whars the pictures?

11.65 @ 115

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #860 Previous topic | Next topic