Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #49177
View in linear mode

Subject: "Another year over" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratormicyekDec-30-22 08:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49177, "Another year over"

Hi 2gnt:)

Even though I lurk around here a couple of times a year...unlike back in the day this place was a staple in my life...I saw a 2nd gen gsx on Facebook marketplace recently and it had me feeling very nostolgic. So I thought I'd stop by and say hello!

Just over 11 years ago my twins boys were born, and not long after that I started detuning my 98 talon selling off the parts and eventually the car itself. I never really missed it much. I loved wrenching on it and learning new things about it and mechanics in general. But life took me in another direction. Since then, I've been divorced, moved several times, lost a job of 14 years, had many relationships and "relationships" of varying degrees of success, and finally found a love that can put up with me

So after 11 years of not having a toy to drive around I finally allowed myself to spoil myself and picked up a 2014 Camaro SS. I love just being able to jump into it, stomping on the gas, burn some dead dinosaurs, and have a grin from ear to ear. I gotta tell ya though, the bug to modify is strong, and hard to resist. But for now I just want to enjoy it for what it is.

I truly hope all that read this are doing well and have a very happy new year!

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Another year over, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-30-22 08:53 PM, #1
RE: Another year over, Moderatormicyek, Dec-30-22 09:08 PM, #2
RE: Another year over, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-31-22 06:41 PM, #5
RE: Another year over, Moderator992gnt, Dec-30-22 09:13 PM, #3
      RE: Another year over, Moderatormicyek, Dec-30-22 09:37 PM, #4
      RE: Another year over, Moderator992gnt, Jan-01-23 06:19 AM, #6
           RE: Another year over, cms, Jun-05-23 07:49 AM, #7
                RE: Another year over, KaptainMyke, Jun-09-23 09:09 PM, #8
      RE: Another year over, ModeratorCorbin, Oct-14-23 05:27 PM, #9

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-30-22 08:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49178, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm still here buddy! Great to hear from you, don't be a stranger, come hang out in the chat (if you can, we've been having some email issues that probably affect registration)

Happy New Year!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratormicyekDec-30-22 09:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#49179, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 1

Awesome to hear from you!

I'll have to check it out! I still keep up with some of the Michigan crew a bit through social media. Like the Matt's and Derek. Tim actually married my cousin, so I see him from time to time at family functions.

I read the thread about Shamu. Man, that brought back some memories. And seeing some OG names.

getty up

-kent-

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-31-22 06:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#49182, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 2
Dec-31-22 06:41 PM by DarkOne

I think I fixed email earlier today, so if you get a reply notification, email's good and you can probably reset your password in the chat and log in

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Moderator992gntDec-30-22 09:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#49180, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey Kent, Happy New Year!

This is you, yes?

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

ModeratormicyekDec-30-22 09:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#49181, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 3

Haha! Yup, that's me!

How's it going man?

getty up

-kent-

Moderator992gntJan-01-23 06:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#49183, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 4

Haha, '05 was an epic Shootout. Things are great over here, glad to hear you are in a good spot as well.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

cmsJun-05-23 07:49 AM
Member since Aug 01st 2003
1092 posts,
#49184, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 6

Whoa! It's Kent! Hey, Amigo! I hope you've been well. I just remembered my PW and went to The Pit's to see if there was any activity, and poof, here you are!

When you said you still get together with the Matts, is one of those the ones that lived or still lives in the GR area? I haven't seen him in YEARS.

Like the new whip!

KaptainMykeJun-09-23 09:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#49185, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm still here. I'm actually trying to buy another 2gnt. This time, looking for Star or Hahn turbo kit installed 420A cars.

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

ModeratorCorbinOct-14-23 05:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#49197, "RE: Another year over"
In response to Reply # 3

I think I'm the headless torso with jeans and boots. I still have a DSM although I don't visit this site regularly.

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #49177 Previous topic | Next topic