Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48744
View in linear mode

Subject: "Feel safe from the government now?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmApr-22-13 05:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48744, "Feel safe from the government now?"

I'm troubled by this behavior. Stretching probable cause to force innocent people out of their homes at gunpoint, while searching them and putting them under guard with dogs.....where does the line become drawn? Where do we say our rights are being trampled on? Under what next pretext does the government trample on our rights?

Just want everyone to see this.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Feel safe from the government now?, 0Boost, Apr-22-13 06:56 AM, #1
RE: Feel safe from the government now?, Slo2g, Apr-22-13 08:14 AM, #2
      RE: Feel safe from the government now?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-22-13 08:50 AM, #3
           RE: Feel safe from the government now?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-22-13 12:55 PM, #4
                RE: Feel safe from the government now?, ez, Apr-22-13 09:34 PM, #5
                     RE: Feel safe from the government now?, turbo8u, May-02-13 12:25 PM, #6
                          RE: Feel safe from the government now?, ModeratorVX100, Jul-18-13 07:29 AM, #7

0BoostApr-22-13 06:56 AM
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48745, "RE: Feel safe from the government now?"
In response to Reply # 0

I understand they were wanting to find the guy but all that just seemed uncalled for. they did all that for nothing. it wasn't till after they lifted the lock down that some guy found him hiding in his boat. probably would have found him a lot quicker if they let people go about there business as usual.

98 Eclipse GS - DD/Project car/Money shredder.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gApr-22-13 08:14 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#48746, "RE: Feel safe from the government now?"
In response to Reply # 1

My grandmama don't like nobody on the carpet, espically the police! Like others have stated, I understand they wanted to catch the guy, but there is a different way to approach it. Screaming at the citizen that pays his salary to keep his hands up when he is obviously not a threat and then pushing him is just a blatant disregard for civil rights. They forget so quickly that they are there to serve the people...

ModeratorbullettdsmApr-22-13 08:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#48747, "RE: Feel safe from the government now?"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-22-13 03:02 PM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by Slo2g
I understand they wanted to catch the guy, but there is a different way to approach it. Screaming at the citizen that pays his salary to keep his hands up when he is obviously not a threat and then pushing him is just a blatant disregard for civil rights. They forget so quickly that they are there to serve the people...

PRE-CISELY!!

The police need to remember that they are trampling on people's rights. Yes, its a situation where they have a known "national" killer in the area (though later we find out he wasn't even in their locked down area - as well as it was the local citizenry who found him for police). But to smash on somebody's door like that, and as they answer, scream at them immediately, at gunpoint, to get their hands up and get out of the house. AND then search their body and house......guys this is absolutely reminiscent of Russia or Nazi Germany. The poor bastard who was roused up inside the house and forced at gunpoint to march out of the house. Then as he comes outside thinking he is now safe, is screamed at to keep his hands up and pushed along 9editted out K-9's because I don't know who's it is).

Hell that's not even discussing the guy who was strip searched and taken away naked in cuffs ON CAMERA!! (this guy was later cleared as a mistake. A MISTAKE! This info was off police scanners not taking info off the media). Shit they didn't strip search the ACTUAL CRIMINAL when they took him into custody!!!

Its one hell of a slippery slope.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

ModeratorxcasbonxApr-22-13 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#48748, "RE: Feel safe from the government now?"
In response to Reply # 3

Disgusts me every single F'ing time I read/see/hear things like this.

I contributed to the Wiki.

ezApr-22-13 09:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#48749, "RE: Feel safe from the government now?"
In response to Reply # 4

Whoever feels save from the U.S. government hasn't been paying attention to history. And it's getting worse, every day. This all looks like practice to me, in preparation for something much larger. Perhaps I pay too much attention to the finance and the banking system, but I smell collapse in the air.

The current U.S. government has little restraint in its (nearly every day) endeavor to trample the constitution, and the protection afforded to you in the bill of rights. Somehow the executive branch gave itself the authority to declare war, assassinate, torture, occupy, and decide how the entire economy will run.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

turbo8uMay-02-13 12:25 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#48761, "RE: Feel safe from the government now?"
In response to Reply # 5

pol-ice...some cold bastards from the far opposite pole

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

ModeratorVX100Jul-18-13 07:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#48777, "RE: Feel safe from the government now?"
In response to Reply # 6

And that wasn't far from where I live, so the whole episode upset me even more than it upset you.

Why do we (society, police, government, etc.) scare so easily these days?

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48744 Previous topic | Next topic