Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48516
View in linear mode

Subject: "typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Sep-26-12 08:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48516, "typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time"

The eclipse needs new motor mounts after my autocross adventure at the shootout (I have them, just haven't put them in yet),

and this weekend the Ralliart was leaking from the oil pan gasket, to quote the tech at the dealership leaking "badly" My turbo mitsubishi is behaving like a turbo mitsubishi

I didn't notice until just recently because I never park it in the same place and most of the oil just sits on the big plastic tray under the engine. Thank goodness for the warranty. Not like putting goo on an oil pan is tough to do but still that's what the warranty is for.

Ok so both were not down for the count, but still....

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time, freelancefool, Sep-26-12 10:21 PM, #1
RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-02-12 10:54 AM, #2
      RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time, ModeratorVX100, Oct-22-12 07:49 PM, #3
           RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time, Moderatorxcasbonx, Oct-23-12 06:17 AM, #4
           RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-25-12 09:47 PM, #5
                RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time, Teamner947, Dec-20-12 08:25 PM, #6
                     RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-25-12 07:47 PM, #7

freelancefoolSep-26-12 10:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48517, "RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time"
In response to Reply # 0

That is pretty crazy. Your Ralliart is still pretty new isn't it? I wouldn't have thought an oilpan gasket would fail that rapidly.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-02-12 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#48518, "RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by freelancefool
I wouldn't have thought an oilpan gasket would fail that rapidly.

Mitsubishi.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorVX100Oct-22-12 07:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#48537, "RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time"
In response to Reply # 2

"Mitsubishi"

Exactly. Seems to be fine, no leaks so far. Just have to get the idiots who visit the apartment to stop putting dings in my doors

Eclipse is at 100% now, except for a vibrating heat shield and some so-so hatch struts (there is always something) Motor mount was fine actually but I put the inserts in anyway.

Here is some advice from a dumb eclipse owner: check your lug nuts. That was what the real problem was. Lucky the wheel didn't fall off during the 600 mile ride home.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-23-12 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#48538, "RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by VX100
Here is some advice from a dumb eclipse owner: check your lug nuts. That was what the real problem was. Lucky the wheel didn't fall off during the 600 mile ride home.

Lug nuts, tire pressure, oil. Three of the simplest things to check, but often overlooked.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-25-12 09:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#48545, "RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by VX100
check your lug nuts. That was what the real problem was. Lucky the wheel didn't fall off during the 600 mile ride home.

Ooooh, that's scary shit there.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Teamner947Dec-20-12 08:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#48630, "RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time"
In response to Reply # 5

I may have witnessed that several years ago somewhere on the NY throughway...

Also, whats up? I haven't posted here in a long time. Just finished up my BS in Electrical Engineering this semester.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-25-12 07:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#48639, "RE: typical, two broken mitsubishis at the same time"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by ner947
Also, whats up? I haven't posted here in a long time. Just finished up my BS in Electrical Engineering this semester.

Hey buddy! Long time no see!

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48516 Previous topic | Next topic