Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48499
View in linear mode

Subject: "Give me an idea of how much it will cost." Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevSep-12-12 08:11 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48499, "Give me an idea of how much it will cost."

I have a 97 Acura cl 3.0 that's pretty mint, but the auto trans is tired. Does anyone have an idea what a dealership would charge if I brought my spare trans and just had them swap it out? I could probably do it myself, but finding time to do it is nearly impossible anymore.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost., Gruff511, Sep-12-12 08:23 PM, #1
RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost., VendorRed90Sev, Sep-12-12 08:34 PM, #2
      RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost., Moderatorxcasbonx, Sep-13-12 05:52 AM, #3
           RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost., Gruff511, Sep-13-12 09:50 AM, #4
                RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost., VendorRed90Sev, Sep-13-12 06:38 PM, #5
                     RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost., Moderatorxcasbonx, Sep-14-12 05:47 AM, #6
                          RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost., 96TALON420A, Jan-06-13 02:54 PM, #7

Gruff511Sep-12-12 08:23 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48500, "RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost."
In response to Reply # 0

why take it to the dealership? other shops will do it for a lot less

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VendorRed90SevSep-12-12 08:34 PM
261 posts,
#48501, "RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost."
In response to Reply # 1

So what do you think would be a reasonable amount to spend?

ModeratorxcasbonxSep-13-12 05:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#48503, "RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Red90Sev
So what do you think would be a reasonable amount to spend?

Whatever the current labor shop rate is against the estimated hours it would take to complete the install.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Gruff511Sep-13-12 09:50 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#48504, "RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost."
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-13-12 09:52 AM by Gruff511

shops in my area will do it around 500 more or less. Dealerships in my area will charge around double that.

VendorRed90SevSep-13-12 06:38 PM
261 posts,
#48505, "RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost."
In response to Reply # 4

I live in a small town, so I think I'll be driving over to the city. Acura quoted me $5,000 for a new trans and them to do the labor lol. I just can't part with this car, it went 240,000 miles on the stock motor and trans and still going. The only things ever replaced were axles, alternator and starter..... And I drove the crap out of this car....

ModeratorxcasbonxSep-14-12 05:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#48507, "RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost."
In response to Reply # 5

There's got to be a better deal out there than forking over 5 grand to a stealership. Shop around.

I contributed to the Wiki.

96TALON420AJan-06-13 02:54 PM
Member since Oct 23rd 2011
5 posts,
#48650, "RE: Give me an idea of how much it will cost."
In response to Reply # 6

it should at most cost you around 1200$ to have the tranny out and to be replaced even within city limits of a garage, i think they are just trying to rip you off to fork over 5g's to replace a tranny

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48499 Previous topic | Next topic