Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48355
View in linear mode

Subject: "New ride" Previous topic | Next topic
GorkoRacingJun-14-12 09:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48355, "New ride"

Got a new ride...Well I've really had it for about 5-6 months now but I haven't posted on here in quite a while. Some OG members still around it looks like. I've still got my star stg 2 eclipse still going 100k+ miles and 10+ years turbo'd later!

Here's my new baby/weekend warrior
2006 Lotus Exige

163.5 hp and 119.9 tq in 1950 lbs with the tightest suspension I've ever felt on a car.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New ride, ShovelheadKevin, Jun-14-12 09:31 AM, #1
RE: New ride, Slo2g, Jun-14-12 09:57 AM, #2
      RE: New ride, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-14-12 11:53 AM, #3
           RE: New ride, GorkoRacing, Jun-22-12 06:42 AM, #4
RE: New ride, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-25-12 07:46 AM, #5
RE: New ride, GorkoRacing, Jun-25-12 12:33 PM, #6
      RE: New ride, ModeratorVX100, Jul-02-12 07:31 PM, #7
           RE: New ride, ez, Jul-03-12 08:41 PM, #8
                RE: New ride, GorkoRacing, Jul-13-12 10:03 AM, #9
                RE: New ride, GorkoRacing, Jul-13-12 10:05 AM, #10

ShovelheadKevinJun-14-12 09:31 AM
Member since May 30th 2011
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48356, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks great!
Auto-X in your region will never be the same! lol

** You are gonna auto-x it aren't you? I know of a couple of Elise that are kicking butt in SCCA auto-x in Va. & Ga.. **

The good we do, never remembered.
The bad, never forgotten.
_________
97 Eagle Talon ESi w/CAI/HiPerf coil & wires/on-board G-force meter.....a work in progress.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gJun-14-12 09:57 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#48357, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 1

Nice ride, always loves the Lotus!

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-14-12 11:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#48358, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 2

Nice car. Such a worthy upgrade from the 2gnt

Stay in touch around here.

I contributed to the Wiki.

GorkoRacingJun-22-12 06:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#48368, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks guys and of course I'll hang around.

Just finished making this little vid entitled Tales from My Lotus Exige Part 1:
http://youtu.be/rLAt5zzJa4o

I hooked up a GoPro in the car and captured peoples reactions on it. Some of them are pretty funny.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-25-12 07:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#48371, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 0

You're killing me. I've been half-seriously looking at Elises for weeks...

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

GorkoRacingJun-25-12 12:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#48372, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by DarkOne
You're killing me. I've been half-seriously looking at Elises for weeks...

Hey Bro! Good to see you still around here too. I'm loving mine so far. I was on lotustalk, ebay, craigslist, cars.com, and autotrader for a couple of months looking for just the right one. Almost flew out to San Diego for new years to buy a laserblue Elise but it got sold out from under me while sector111 which was going to do the prepurchase inspection was closed for the holiday.

ModeratorVX100Jul-02-12 07:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#48385, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 6

Nice choice for a fun track car

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

ezJul-03-12 08:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#48386, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 7

That first picture makes it look like the coolest lawnmower ever.

I saw a lowered white lotus with bronze rims a couple years back - it's still the coolest car I've ever seen on california streets.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

GorkoRacingJul-13-12 10:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#48411, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 8

Thanks guys! I took it to Nashville for their Cars and Coffee last weekend and saw a bunch of other nice cars including an underground racing 1500hp twin turbo superleggera that was in the gold rush rally
The Exige made it on carbuzz.com!
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/7/8/Nashville-Cars-and-Coffee-Brings-Out-the-Best-in-Tennessee-7709685/

A bunch of my CF interior goodies came in too. Matte cf...mmmm

2gnt in the background!

Hitting the rev limiter at 6k because the car hadn't warmed all the way up ftl lol. 5 seconds later it at normal temps and I could wind up to 8200.
http://youtu.be/Zvm7SX2mBtY

GorkoRacingJul-13-12 10:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#48412, "RE: New ride"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by ez
That first picture makes it look like the coolest lawnmower ever.

I fancy this one a guy took the other day. Looks lowwwww and ready to chop that grass.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48355 Previous topic | Next topic