Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48100
View in linear mode

Subject: "Someone broke into my car :(" Previous topic | Next topic
jdm1990Apr-03-12 10:27 AM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48100, "Someone broke into my car :("

Yep, first time ever that I have had a car broken into and it sucks. They got my a-pillar with all 3 of my autometer phantom gauges, my cheap ass pioneer radio, and my megaviewer that I just bought off of Dave :/ I didn't even get a chance to wire it in, that was suppose to be done the middle of this month. It's funny that for 3 years I never locked my cars in Tampa and my car has been in Houston for under 3 weeks and this happens. I'm already over the situation (mostly haha). The car can still drive (I hope), i'll just have to touch up some of the wiring that got all ripped out. But it's principal, don't go around stealing peoples shit, get a job. I struggle to make ends meet but I don't go stealing peoples crap. My buddy chris was making a joke tho that the people probably have no idea what the megaview is so it'll probably just get thrown away, sad but probably true. Well, this is my random story/rant, figured i'd share

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Fotowntalon, Apr-03-12 11:11 AM, #1
RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Nero95, Apr-03-12 01:50 PM, #2
RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 740 turbo brick, Apr-03-12 02:24 PM, #3
RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Apr-03-12 02:39 PM, #4
      RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-03-12 03:52 PM, #5
           RE: Someone broke into my car :(, JoshDSM, Apr-03-12 08:20 PM, #6
                RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 740 turbo brick, Apr-03-12 09:03 PM, #7
                     RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-03-12 09:56 PM, #8
                          RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Babbz413, Apr-03-12 11:10 PM, #9
                               RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Nero95, Apr-04-12 05:03 AM, #10
                                    RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-04-12 01:38 PM, #11
                                    RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 95_ESi_Person, Apr-04-12 01:50 PM, #13
                                    RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Babbz413, Apr-04-12 01:45 PM, #12
                                         RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-04-12 03:11 PM, #14
                                              RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 740 turbo brick, Apr-04-12 05:44 PM, #15
RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-04-12 06:09 PM, #16
      RE: Someone broke into my car :(, dalesmitsu, Apr-04-12 11:26 PM, #17
      RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Babbz413, Apr-05-12 06:26 AM, #18
           RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Fotowntalon, Apr-05-12 10:57 AM, #19
                RE: Someone broke into my car :(, dalesmitsu, Apr-05-12 07:55 PM, #20
                     RE: Someone broke into my car :(, PsychO, Apr-07-12 08:03 AM, #21
                          RE: Someone broke into my car :(, 740 turbo brick, Apr-07-12 08:30 AM, #22
                          RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Fotowntalon, Apr-07-12 09:21 AM, #23
      RE: Someone broke into my car :(, jdm1990, Apr-08-12 12:26 PM, #24
           RE: Someone broke into my car :(, VendorRed90Sev, Apr-10-12 06:29 PM, #25
           RE: Someone broke into my car :(, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-19-12 10:40 AM, #26
RE: Someone broke into my car :(, itsaslow95, Apr-26-12 03:13 PM, #27
RE: Someone broke into my car :(, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-10-12 10:55 AM, #28
      RE: Someone broke into my car :(, dalesmitsu, Jul-10-12 09:32 PM, #29
           RE: Someone broke into my car :(, fast420a83, Jul-12-12 10:42 AM, #30
                RE: Someone broke into my car :(, ez, Jul-12-12 09:26 PM, #31

FotowntalonApr-03-12 11:11 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48101, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 0

It sucks, happened a lot with my old car. A few attempts with my DSM, but I learned my lesson. Never keep anything in the car. Faceplate always off the CD player. if you break in, you better have a ratchet to get the seats, because that's all you are getting.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Nero95Apr-03-12 01:50 PM
Member since Jan 25th 2012
5 posts,
#48102, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 0

Move ASAP, man. I lived in Houston for three years and had a turbo stolen out of the tool box of my truck, an enclosed trailer with a drag bike, pit bike, and a bunch of nitrous bottle and tools, and a 2003 dodge ram stolen from the parking lot of the theatre less than a mile from my house. Houston has a crime rate from hell. I hate that place

740 turbo brickApr-03-12 02:24 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#48103, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 2

Did you leave your doors unlocked? If you did, at least they didnt break your window. Ive had mine broken out twice. Shitty feeling. But I have my flipout bolted down and chained to the chassis behind the heater controls, so they can break my window and get it, but they wont get that dvd player out. I think next im gonna try the razorblades behind the head unit trick. Heard good results from that.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

2ndGen-ElTalonApr-03-12 02:39 PM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
#48104, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
I think next im gonna try the razorblades behind the head unit trick. Heard good results from that.

It works. I have personally done it, someone tried to take out a "nicer" pioneer head unit I had in my old truck, fortunately enough the previous owner stuck 3 razorblades back there. Came out to a broken window & my deck sticking out the dash halfway, blood all over the console & player.

I couldn't figure it out at first, until I started putting it back in, catching on the razorblades. Took it out the right way & found those wedged in between. Sure as shit stopped the guy though.

Try it out. Jeff.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

ModeratorbullettdsmApr-03-12 03:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#48105, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 4

+1 on the Megaviewer. They'll just end up tossing it. "Hey this isn't a TV".

Sucks

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

JoshDSMApr-03-12 08:20 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#48106, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 5

Fill me in on the razor blade trick

740 turbo brickApr-03-12 09:03 PM
831 posts,
#48107, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 6

Not sure on how to fix them in position, but basically you put razor blades behind and around inside where your Cd player goes, so when said douche bag attempts to rip your shit out in an adrenaline filled theivery, he cuts the fuck out of his hands, hopefully doing some serious damage. Stories of it working usually end up something like, walk up to the car seeing glass broken, look inside the car to find the CD player moved, but in place, and a lot of blood in the area around your car.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

420agreenvilleSCApr-03-12 09:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#48108, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 7

shoulda had Magnavolt...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Babbz413Apr-03-12 11:10 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#48109, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 8

Razor blades huh? How about a hand grenade tucked behind the deck with a ziptie attached to the pin? Thief goes to rip deck out, pulls pin, problem solved. They wont do that again.

95 GS Boosted

Nero95Apr-04-12 05:03 AM
Member since Jan 25th 2012
5 posts,
#48110, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 9

That would be one less douch in the world.. But also one less car and I doubt anyone really wants to blow their car up. Haha

420agreenvilleSCApr-04-12 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#48111, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-04-12 01:38 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by Nero95
That would be one less douch in the world.. But also one less car and I doubt anyone really wants to blow their car up. Haha

I would

I can imagine the local news story now.. lol

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

95_ESi_PersonApr-04-12 01:50 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#48113, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by Nero95 That would be one less douch in the world.. But also one less car and I doubt anyone really wants to blow their car up. Haha
I would I can imagine the local news story now.. lol

I would too, then I'd be rid of it.

Babbz413Apr-04-12 01:45 PM
260 posts,
#48112, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 10

A flashbang will suffice im sure.

95 GS Boosted

420agreenvilleSCApr-04-12 03:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#48114, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by Babbz413
Originally posted by Nero95 That would be one less douch in the world.. But also one less car and I doubt anyone really wants to blow their car up. Haha

lol, or a claymore

740 turbo brickApr-04-12 05:44 PM
831 posts,
#48115, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by Babbz413
lol, or a claymore

I have seriously discussed this with my bro in law so many times. Usually the topic leads to us thinking what we would do if we just heard an explosion in the middle of the night. Response? Got cha fucker... Then we started thinking, what if it was just a cat, or we forgot about it being there, lol.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-04-12 06:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#48116, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 2

Houston has a crime rate from hell.

Just like everywhere else, it depends on what part of Houston you're talking about.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

dalesmitsuApr-04-12 11:26 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#48117, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 16

Read on another forum, an owner did a seat cushion mod to shoot nails through the seat. He did this due to someone tried to jack his car. In middle of the night he loud crying scream, ems cops showed up to remove an arrest the suspected theif and nothing happend to the owner? I get forget which forum do a search, thread might show up.

Hey,darkone and other 2gnt'rs you guys alright? Heard texas and from your area was hit by tornados. My stepfather is now working on an oil rig in texas. Thought I would hijack this thread and ask about it.
An No, I aint moving there if he ask's us eventhough a few of my favorite bands are from there. Like Ted Nugent,BLS,HellYeah,pantera(used to).

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Babbz413Apr-05-12 06:26 AM
260 posts,
#48118, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 17

Ted Nugent is from Detroit.

95 GS Boosted

FotowntalonApr-05-12 10:57 AM
350 posts,
#48119, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 18

Ted Nugent is definitely from Detroit, also, right by my town there is a highway adopted by him. Lastly the nails through the seat cushion thread was on Tuners. I use to had it bookmarked, thought about copying it.

"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

dalesmitsuApr-05-12 07:55 PM
986 posts,
#48120, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 19
Apr-05-12 07:58 PM by dalesmitsu

Nugent is from Jackson Michigan to exact not Detroit. Jackson is outside of Detroit. Thats where his gunshop is, he's also a deputy sherif in Genesee County Michigan
But, Ted Nugent also, lives Texas. He has a huge ranch there and where he films most of his shows( shooting machine guns etc.) You cant do that in Michigan due to gun laws. He posts his videos on youtube or his site and his brother/wife is in them also.

__

PsychOApr-07-12 08:03 AM
Member since Jun 10th 2004
166 posts,
#48121, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 20

I pretty sure it's illegal to knowingly due harm to another person, even if they are stealing your property, if it's not in self-defense.

The razor blades might actually get you sued.

740 turbo brickApr-07-12 08:30 AM
831 posts,
#48122, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 21

Id take them out afterwards and be like what happenend? Looks like you got your shit cut up for being a low life piece of shit.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

FotowntalonApr-07-12 09:21 AM
350 posts,
#48123, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by PsychO
I pretty sure it's illegal to knowingly due harm to another person, even if they are stealing your property, if it's not in self-defense. The razor blades might actually get you sued.

How are you knowingly doing harm to someone? I mean I didn't know someone would break into my car. And hell, I didn't know if they did that they would steal my CD Player. And most importantly I sure as hell didn't know there was even razorblades there. My CD player was installed professionally by ABC warehouse. Must of been there sick joke. I lack the electronic knowledge to unhook the cd player, install razor blades, and re hook it up.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I think I'll take my chances of some piece of shit suing me. I do have a rather good lawyer as backup just encase.

jdm1990Apr-08-12 12:26 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
#48124, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by Nero95 Houston has a crime rate from hell.
Just like everywhere else, it depends on what part of Houston you're talking about.

I'm in the Webster are just south of the beltway. So far everyone i've talked to has had their cars broken into and HPD is famous for doing nothing..

VendorRed90SevApr-10-12 06:29 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#48125, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 24

I live in rural Oregon, no one locks any cars or houses. If I wanted to be a thief, I could make a fortune lol. I hate living in the middle of nowhere, but I've never had to worry about anything being broken into. I still lock everything though, I used to live in the city so it's a habit. I think if we punished thieves by cutting off one of their hands, there would be less of a problem

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-19-12 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#48168, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by jdm1990
I'm in the Webster are just south of the beltway. So far everyone i've talked to has had their cars broken into and HPD is famous for doing nothing..

Webster is not City of Houston. Welcome to the suburbs.

I actually grew up in vaguely that area (Deer Park / Pasadena, north of you), and now live about 20 minutes north of you on 45 (Eastwood).

I've been in Houston for 22 or more years and have had my cars broken into twice in that entire time. There's basic precautions everyone should take. Lock your doors, remove your stereo face, don't bump your subs around your neighborhood. Invest in a car alarm. Don't keep anything valuable in your car. Be less of a target. If you live in an apartment complex, you're eventually going to have your car broken into. Apartments suck like that, especially in the suburbs.

It sounds crass and cynical to say so, but HPD has better things to do than worry about cars being broken into. This is the fourth largest city in America, after all.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

itsaslow95Apr-26-12 03:13 PM
Member since Oct 17th 2009
139 posts,
#48214, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 0

Loud as fuck alarm. And small sticker on driver door "this vehicle is protected by glock, I do not want to bother our already busy police force with you, so I dial 9mm. You have been warned" or my personal favorite "if you can read this you're in range"

-Jason

---------------------------------------
most posts are done from my iPhone please excuse my typos

95 eclipse gs turbo - parting out
2004- dodge dakota
2006 lancer with a fancy wing and really expensive brakes.

~Naturally Aspirated then Pressurized~
Streetworksautomotivetuning.com <~ best friend's shop SUPPORT HIM!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-10-12 10:55 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#48406, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 27
Jul-10-12 10:57 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Last guy i knew that pulled the razor blade trick ended up buying an entire interior when they took the blades and cut up the entire interior.

Keep in mind all possabilities. The razor blade tick is older than you!

As far as bolting the radio in....I would rather they take my 300.00 radio and not detroy the dash with a crowbar.

dalesmitsuJul-10-12 09:32 PM
986 posts,
#48407, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I would rather they take my 300.00 radio and not detroy the dash with a crowbar.

I like the invention called the detachable faceplate. They still make pull out radio's.

How many of guys think its odd for someone on craigslist, selling different brand name detcahable faceplates without the the radio with it. Car theives are easy to spot.

__

fast420a83Jul-12-12 10:42 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2012
86 posts,
#48408, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 29

I actually have a faceplate for sale.. The radio will brake, but the faceplate is good. Then you gotta find someone that had there faceplate lost or stolen to buy your faceplace.

Double check all your coolant and oil lines....., before you take off and see a cloud of smoke behind you!

ezJul-12-12 09:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#48410, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 30
Jul-12-12 09:26 PM by ez

My car was broken in to last month. They tried to take out the stereo but when the volume knob fell into the center console, they just gave up. I'm so glad the carbon fiber center console held up to their prying. They also tried to take the actual car but they had no luck removing my autolock, nor the other custom anti-theft devices on my car. All they managed to get were my 2 jackets and a can of pepper stray. stupid fucks

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48100 Previous topic | Next topic