Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48037
View in linear mode

Subject: "plasti-dipped one of my rims" Previous topic | Next topic
TurbchargdSpydrMar-14-12 10:20 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48037, "plasti-dipped one of my rims"

I plasti-dipped one of my rims, and it came out really nice..
- This could just be me but now, the rims don't look like they are 19, they look like 18's or it could just be me. I wish someone would trade me evo8 rims tho. Anyways, just though I'd share the results.

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-15-12 03:18 AM, #1
RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-15-12 06:25 AM, #2
      RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, Fotowntalon, Mar-15-12 07:51 AM, #3
           RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, JoshDSM, Mar-15-12 08:13 AM, #4
           RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-15-12 10:21 AM, #5
                RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, TEAM OVER REV, Mar-16-12 11:18 AM, #6
                     RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-16-12 01:37 PM, #7
                          RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, TEAM OVER REV, Mar-19-12 08:23 PM, #8
                               RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, LE30vm, Mar-20-12 02:19 PM, #9
                                    RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-20-12 03:07 PM, #10

AdministratorCODE4Mar-15-12 03:18 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48038, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 0

Let's see how well it holds up to rock chips and other flying road debris.

And they still look like giant ass 19" wheels.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TurbchargdSpydrMar-15-12 06:25 AM
159 posts,
#48039, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
Let's see how well it holds up to rock chips and other flying road debris. And they still look like giant ass 19" wheels.

I've heard of people waxing there wheels to avoid scratches and such, can these rims be waxed?

Last of a dying breed...

FotowntalonMar-15-12 07:51 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#48040, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 2

Looks good, interested in the durability of it all. as for size, whats the tire say? I find it hard to judge sizes of rims via picture, unless they are stupid big that is

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

JoshDSMMar-15-12 08:13 AM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#48041, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 3

It will last a good while. I have the center of my bumper plasti dipped in black. And my car is slammed. hasn't chipped yet

TurbchargdSpydrMar-15-12 10:21 AM
159 posts,
#48042, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
Looks good, interested in the durability of it all. as for size, whats the tire say? I find it hard to judge sizes of rims via picture, unless they are stupid big that is

Well its only been one day lol but I can tell they will hold up really nicely, as long as you wash them weekly..I also doubt anyone here has such skinny tires so your less likely to get hit as hard..225/35/19 btw..and Josh you should post pics of your wheels done!

Last of a dying breed...

TEAM OVER REVMar-16-12 11:18 AM
Member since Aug 15th 2006
44 posts,
#48043, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 5

I also plasti-dipped my wheels. They have held up for 6 months with many highway miles. Its a very good cheap mod which can be reversible.

TurbchargdSpydrMar-16-12 01:37 PM
159 posts,
#48044, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by TEAM OVER REV
I also plasti-dipped my wheels. They have held up for 6 months with many highway miles. Its a very good cheap mod which can be reversible.

Out of curiosity, how many cans did you use per wheel?

Last of a dying breed...

TEAM OVER REVMar-19-12 08:23 PM
Member since Aug 15th 2006
44 posts,
#48048, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 7

It took about 2 cans total, but I did it to the 2gb 16" wheels.
I was rocking the cheap "modz" for a while. The plasti-dip wheels with Home depot lip kit.

LE30vmMar-20-12 02:19 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2011
37 posts,
#48055, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 8

I am thinking of Plasti-dipping a bunch of parts on my Jeep, and these convinced me with prep work it'll look decent. Also it is reversible with elbow grease and Rubbing alcohol correct?

2007 - Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 - stock work SUV
1995 Talon TSi - Sold
1996 Base 2.5" Exhaust headers back, CAI, searching for long block to build and drop in.- Sold
1996 RS Daily Driver - Blown motor
1997 RS NA Built motor - Sold

TurbchargdSpydrMar-20-12 03:07 PM
159 posts,
#48056, "RE: plasti-dipped one of my rims"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by LE30vm
I am thinking of Plasti-dipping a bunch of parts on my Jeep, and these convinced me with prep work it'll look decent. Also it is reversible with elbow grease and Rubbing alcohol correct?

You should, I just cleaned the shit out of my wheel, let it dry and sprayed it, I USED A CAN PER WHEEL THO..for a more durable hold...a pressure washer will remove it right off..

Last of a dying breed...

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48037 Previous topic | Next topic