Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #40882
View in linear mode

Subject: "broken arp rod bolt" Previous topic | Next topic
420agreenvilleSCJul-25-09 04:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40882, "broken arp rod bolt"
Jul-25-09 04:27 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

i guess 45lbs is too tight. The other one stretched but didnt break. will order 2 on monday.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: broken arp rod bolt, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-25-09 04:39 PM, #1
RE: broken arp rod bolt, TeamDR1665, Jul-25-09 05:48 PM, #2
      RE: broken arp rod bolt, djtrickee, Jul-25-09 09:59 PM, #3
           RE: broken arp rod bolt, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-25-09 10:50 PM, #4
                RE: broken arp rod bolt, DirtMegirt, Jul-26-09 06:25 AM, #5
                     RE: broken arp rod bolt, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-26-09 11:27 AM, #6
                          RE: broken arp rod bolt, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-30-09 07:05 PM, #7
                               RE: broken arp rod bolt, ez, Jul-30-09 10:45 PM, #8
                                    RE: broken arp rod bolt, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-31-09 03:44 AM, #9
                                         RE: broken arp rod bolt, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-31-09 10:08 AM, #10

RoninEclipse2GJul-25-09 04:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40883, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, you can actually SEE the stretch. Why were you torquing them that tight?

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jul-25-09 05:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#40884, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Wow, you can actually SEE the stretch. Why were you torquing them that tight?

Nothing better to do while he was waiting for somebody to come out wiht a PNP MSnS?

djtrickeeJul-25-09 09:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#40889, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G Wow, you can actually SEE the stretch. Why were you torquing them that tight?
Nothing better to do while he was waiting for somebody to come out wiht a PNP MSnS?

OMG. Lol. so true. Read the directions next time.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

420agreenvilleSCJul-25-09 10:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#40891, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-25-09 11:05 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

thanks guys. i was torquing them from here: http://www.arp-bolts.com/Catalog/Catalog.Pages/2005Catalog024.html

I have a 12 point, 3/8" head on it, and it's an arp 2000 bolt which has 220,000 tensile strenght. Using arp lube, is stated 43lbs. o well i guess.

go to www.eaglerod.com, click search by part number, CRS5472N3D, look at the torque specs.

while i was torquing them, i was thinking about the PnP and was daydreaming, then *SNAP*, woke me up.

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

DirtMegirtJul-26-09 06:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#40900, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
go to www.eaglerod.com, click search by part number, CRS5472N3D, look at the torque specs.

From Eaglerod.com
NOTES:
standard length rod for Neon 2.0L SOHC & DOHC, 420A. Older design used 5/16" bolt (3/8" head) - torque is 28 ftlbs with moly lube.

Since you stated you have the 3/8" head(socket), then you must have the 5/16" thread bolt which uses the lower torque. If you had the 3/8" thread bolt, then the head would be 7/16", which uses the higher torque.

Check this page, 5th and 6th bolts down.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

420agreenvilleSCJul-26-09 11:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#40904, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by DirtMegirt
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC go to www.eaglerod.com, click search by part number, CRS5472N3D, look at the torque specs.
From Eaglerod.com NOTES: standard length rod for Neon 2.0L SOHC & DOHC, 420A. Older design used 5/16" bolt (3/8" head) - torque is 28 ftlbs with moly lube.
Since you stated you have the 3/8" head(socket), then you must have the 5/16" thread bolt which uses the lower torque. If you had the 3/8" thread bolt, then the head would be 7/16", which uses the higher torque. Check this page, 5th and 6th bolts down.

nice find. too late though, but thank you. yes, overtorqued. just to guess, i did all the others to 31 lbs. u think it'd be ok? jus 3 lbs over...

420agreenvilleSCJul-30-09 07:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#40980, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 6

$29 later...

ezJul-30-09 10:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#40981, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 7

ugh, someone has seriously hacked your sig

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-31-09 03:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#40983, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by ez
ugh, someone has seriously hacked your sig

Hmm.......I don't see anything out of the ordinary....

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

420agreenvilleSCJul-31-09 10:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#40985, "RE: broken arp rod bolt"
In response to Reply # 9

lmao. ill leave it for now

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #40882 Previous topic | Next topic